How do you feel about the new facial hair policy?

What do you think about facial hair on male cast members?

• I'm all for it! I dont think it impacts the "show" at all.

• I'm against it, Walt said no facial hair and thats the way it should be.

• Doesn't really make any difference to me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
Starting February 3rd Cast members at Disney Parks and Resorts will be allowed beards and Go-T's.

Do you have an opinon on this?

I'm kind of torn.l I like the clean look, its also probably a little more of a calming look for kids. I voted to leave as Walt wanted it.

No reason guys can't be "neat and pretty" even with a full beard.

It struck me funny back in the day when fictional captains Hook and Nemo could wear facial hair, but the real-life captain of the Queen Mary (then under Disney's control) could not.

I'm torn. And since I generally don't care for facial hair on a guy I voted No. I'm sure Disney will keep things neat and tidy, which is fine. And I think it could also depend on where they work. I think a guy with facial hair is perfect for Adventureland or Frontierland. Main Street USA, not as much.

What's interesting is this policy applies to the folks behind the scenes too. When I was being interviewed for a software development job with Disney Cruise Line, I was updated on the Disney Look and told that I couldn't have a beard (which without a beard I totally look like I'm 12.) I wouldn't have never been seen in any guest area.

I'm in support of modernizing the look - after all, a lot of the imagineers have facial hair. (Joe Rohde)

I am personally attracted to men with well groomed, short length beards or goatees. I think it is a very clean look and would not distract to my park experience. I even like the 3 day stubble look. Hmmmm, all the cast members got a little more butch in my eyes, don't yell, that is what I like.

Yet I wonder how they will enforce what is considered neat to one supervisor versus another. And what styles will be tolerated, even if they are short or neat? It could be a hairy situation.

Now when I was young I was asked by my Mom to not notice my Aunt's light stache, which made me notice it even more. I'm wondering if Disney would have allowed my Aunt to work there with her light stache hair ? It drove me crazy to keep looking at it. I guess staches are allowed today on Men at Disney?

I guess there will be some in here that miss the days when Disney only hired people that were squeeky clean and had slimmer waist lines, but there is not enough of these people available in America to work at at Disney for minimum wages. So I am guessing Disney needed to go after more of the facial hair part of the American Population.

Heck, I kissed a beard and I liked it !

Phil

I say if they choose the beard they have to wax everything else! :flower3:

rip :scared1:

I don't think massive amounts of cast members are going to go all Grizzly Adams come next Friday.

Some guys look better sporting a beard. Some guys look better if their face is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I think the change in policy will be beneficial to the former group.

I am sure that there will be plenty of standards and expectations and as long as its kept well groomed, it won't effect my Disney experience whatsoever.

I don't think massive amounts of cast members are going to go all Grizzly Adams come next Friday.

Some guys look better sporting a beard. Some guys look better if their face is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I think the change in policy will be beneficial to the former group.

I am sure that there will be plenty of standards and expectations and as long as its kept well groomed, it won't effect my Disney experience whatsoever.

Couldn't have said it better meself. I concur completely.

Oooh snooze! :rolleyes:

Who's up for a mustache ride? :cloud9:

Walt himself came up with that guideline. :teacher:He wasn't too fond of facial hair, or the carny look. Why change it now? To me that would be as bad as changing the name of Main Street USA to , I don't know, Coca Cola Avenue.

Yes, a few guys look handsome with facial hair, but unless they are playing Santa Claus, or a pirate...they do not belong "on stage". Keep them backstage. I shudder when I picture a CM might soon be sporting the pencil-thin go-tee, ********* look.

I really didn't think this was news since on the Keys to the Kingdom tour they showed us the "look" board and it showed you were allowed mustaches which was only changed when Disneyland Paris opened because those Frenchies love their mustaches.

I personally don't care I go back and forth to myslef sometimes I have a goatee most of the time I don't.

Cool. I like, and sport, facial hair. And since I'll be therefor Leap Day, they will have had some time to let their beards grow in! :)

I find facial hair super sexy so I have no problems with it in the least. :laughing:

Seems like the new rules are enforceable. I'm assuming there were already guidelines on what was an acceptable mustache and they were likely enforced....beards and goatees are a natural extension of that. Personally, I think beards would add a certain flavor in Adventureland and Frontierland.

I might be wrong but don't believe that the current guidelines would allow handlebar mustaches on Main Street (shame...I think they would add a certain charm...I've always enjoyed grabbing a pair of handlebars and riding a bicycle :rolleyes1 )

90072215.JPG

It doesn't bother me at all, just as long as it's kept nicely groomed. I'm all for handsome CMs with full beards :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter