How Do You Feel About Your Keurig?

I guess I would say that yes - the K-cup only makes so much coffee at any given strentgh. So if you want to fill up a larger cup - like a tall stainless steel travel mug with strong coffee then yes you will need two k-cups to make enough coffee that is as strong as you would like it.

The other options I see are:

1. get a smaller stainess steel travel cup if you don't need that much coffee.

2. OR fill the tall SS cup with very hot water and let it sit for awhile. Then brew the one k cup into it and then cover and go. It should still stay hot for a pretty long time. If you use milk or cream make sure that is heated too before you add it to your coffee.

3. Finally, different K-cups contain different strengths of coffee. For example, the strongest ones I have found were some of the dark Starbucks brews. Yes, they are pricier per K-cup but one of those brewed with a higher volume of water may yield the same volume of desired coffee as two K-cups of a different brand and strength and ultimately that might be a cheaper way to go. In other works the Starbucks K cup might stretch farther if that make sense - and cost less than 2 more regular k kups.

4. Finally, you can get one of those reusable k cup and put your own coffee in it and then brew two k cups' worth - that might be cheaper - not sure . . .

Does that help?

I only like my coffee hot so I can relate. And I like it strooooong so yes, I do go through a lot of kcups.

Makes perfect sense, thank you!!

If I'm not mistaken, this is... a coffeemaker?

backs away, slowly

People are a wee bit too much emotionally and/or otherwise engaged with their kitchen appliances these days for my comfort. I recall seeing something about a man and his toaster not too long ago...

Seriously? No, you're joking, right? :confused3

I held out for a long time, but after years of washing a coffee pot and pouring out the excess (overbrewing because you can't brew less than three cups and have good flavor), and I cannot stand old coffee (for me, anything over 20 minutes old), I am thrilled with mine! I have this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B60-Special-Edition-Brewing/dp/B000AQSMPO

Which I got on a great sale last year at Best Buy.

The environmental aspect does bother me. I did try the re-useables and hate them. But now I've found the Java Delight Un-Cups and love them!!! I love the flavor, and love that they are less for the landfill.

I have this one.

We usually only drink coffee in the Fall and Winter. Never more than one cup each, and I drink decaf. So it really works out well for us. We have had it almost a year, and I like that my machine has size options. I like weaker coffee, so I us the largest setting.

I doubt it would be a good thing to have if you drank a lot of coffee everyday.

Everyone in the house loves it! Coffee/tea/hot choc. Everyone has their own favorites.

After chaperoning an all day 3rd grade field trip, I was so happy to come home and be able to make myself one single cup of coffee to get me through the rest of my day!

I have had a K45 Elite for three years and I love it. I don't even drink coffee only tea. I use it everyday to make a glass of fresh brewed ice tea.

I have a k45 elite and have had it for 5 years. Love it!! if you are going to buy one before Oct 31 st i am a bzzagent and have 50% coupons to give to family and friends, if you order it off keurig.com I can give you a code to get it. Just let me know. The best coffee maker i have owned.

I have a k45 elite and have had it for 5 years. Love it!! if you are going to buy one before Oct 31 st i am a bzzagent and have 50% coupons to give to family and friends, if you order it off keurig.com I can give you a code to get it. Just let me know. The best coffee maker i have owned.

Updating to say I ordered an Elite model, thanks to you sharing that 50% off code with me. I appreciate it so much, that was really nice of you. :)

I ordered several of the "sample packs" of K-cups, I think that's a nice idea to do a sample pack so you don't have to buy a larger pack at first, to see if you like that kind or not.

Can't wait for my new Keurig to arrive!! :yay: Thanks again, mrsmom!!

Hubby absolutely loves it--nearest Starbucks is 1.5 hours away so now with their k-cups he can have his favorite coffee at home. Kids love it for hot chocolate, myself I do not drink coffee....we've had ours 3 years now and the use of it has not slowed down at all, I would say its used now more than it was 3 years ago because of Starbucks :coffee:

WIsh I would have known this before I bought my Elite this past weekend.....

Never fails. Day late, dollar short!

I really like the coffee and the machine but I had owned two machines when they first came out and within a few months they each broke down. I've heard they have solved these breakdowns but I'll stick with my reliable coffee pot. I do miss having that coffee variety on a whim.

We have the Platinum model which allows us to select cup size. I bought it last year for my husband because he tends to be a coffee connoisseur, I preferred the plain old drip method. When we first got it and used it a couple of times, I was kind of like meh... There seemed to be a little funny taste to the coffee. But after a couple of weeks, it brewed a better cup than our drip maker. I think it's just the newness of the appliance. Anyway, now I LOVE!!! our Keurig and the drip maker is sitting in the closet. There are so many really good varieties to try. Dunkin Donuts is by far our favorite. A;though Kahlua is excellent too. You can only get DD at a Dunkin Donuts store, but Bed Bath and Beyond has an excellent selection to choose from which is where we get our Kahlua from. I say go for it!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter