How do you gift your points?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
My nephew is getting married in October and I would love to give him a stay at BCV as a wedding gift. I have gifted my points before for friends and family, but it was always a verbal offer, I would get their travel details and book it. But this is a wedding gift, so I can't just book any random dates and present them with a confirmation. I would need to find out what their vacation schedule is. I could just verbally tell them that my wedding gift is a stay at BCV, but I want it to be a surprise. I'm think of printing up a gift certificate....anyone have any creative ideas on how to present them with this gift? He loves Disney as much as I do. He messaged me last year while he was there and said he would give his right arm to stay at the Beach Club. I made note of that, knowing his wedding would be coming up.

We gifted my son and daughter in law a trip to Disney with our points for their wedding. I confess we were less than creative. 😁 We simply told them we would do it for their honeymoon.
I did verbally offer my points for his honeymoon, but they visit WDW frequently, so his bride-to-be nixed Disney as a honeymoon destination.

Since it takes so much planning these days, and booking at non-home resorts are not the easiest, I wouldn't wait until their wedding. I would let them know it IS a wedding gift, but you wanted to give them time to plan dates, and so forth .
Maybe take the couple out for lunch, and just tell them then.

Last edited:
I gifted my parents a trip to HHI for their 50th anniversary. I wrote a poem on a scroll and put it in a jar of sand. I gave it to them on an earlier anniversary so they would have time to plan and I would have the advantage of the 11-month booking window. After they read the poem, I told them how many points I was allowing them and gave them a point chart. I told them I would need to know 11 months in advance to make sure to secure what they wanted. It worked out perfectly.

I gifted my parents a trip to HHI for their 50th anniversary. I wrote a poem on a scroll and put it in a jar of sand. I gave it to them on an earlier anniversary so they would have time to plan and I would have the advantage of the 11-month booking window. After they read the poem, I told them how many points I was allowing them and gave them a point chart. I told them I would need to know 11 months in advance to make sure to secure what they wanted. It worked out perfectly.
So sweet! I hope they enjoyed their stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter