how do you have lunch with an imagineer?

Look for someone at one of the parks that has a name badge to verify he or she is a CM and then inquire if he or she is an Imagineer. If the answer is "Yes", invite them to lunch.

I'm just kidding!!!! :teeth:

I assume it's dealt the same way as a tour or other special item.

Since it is dining related, try the WDW dining line. I don't remember the number.

I can't remember the web site but there is a list of all (or most) of WDW phone numbers. Maybe someone knows that site and post a link.

we have had lunch w/the imagineer and it is fabulous. all you would do is call dining 30 days out and see if your date is available. you are in a private room at the brown derby and others may be there also. it is about 90 minutes is length and we would do it again in a minute! good luck!:tongue:

What makes a meal with an imagineer so special?? Fill me in please!

lunch w/ the imagineer is special as you are in a private dining room asking questions, hearing of projects (s)he has worked on or perhaps those that are being planned, and enjoying a fabulous meal. not many know about this and not many are interested in it, but it will be an experience you will be talking about for quite some time. we have done it twice and would do it again in a hearbeat! the age limit is 16 and above. do it~you will not regret it.:tongue:

According to the link posted above, there's pricing for all ages - is there really an age limit of 16 and above? My 13 year old would love to do this - just curious before I make the call.
Thanks!

give it a try! you might be lucky. just keep in mind the times we have done it there were all adults in the parties. good luck!:tongue:

Originally posted by famcruisefun
According to the link posted above, there's pricing for all ages - is there really an age limit of 16 and above? My 13 year old would love to do this - just curious before I make the call.
Thanks!
I seem to remember being told that there is no age limit for "Dine with an Imagineer," but that Disney Dining suggests that it's best for ages 14 and up. I don't remember the exact words, because it's been over a month since I called.

I really think it depends on the individual. I'm sure there are twelve-year-olds who would thoroughly enjoy it and get a lot out of it. And there are adults who don't care about the subject matter and would be bored.

In comparison, there are firm age limits for most of the guded tours, especially the behind-the-scenes tours.

That sounds very nice. Is it like a lecture with Q&A after? What kinds of things do you learn?

I thought I just read somewhere on the boards that they weren't doing this anymore, has anyone else heard this ? :confused:

Originally posted by Giagie
I thought I just read somewhere on the boards that they weren't doing this anymore, has anyone else heard this ? :confused:
You may have seen the thread, "Dec 19 lunch with Imagineer!!!!!," in which MamaQuack wrote, "We were lucky enough to get the last lunch with an Imagineer of the year!"

But that thread actually started in 2003, and MamaQuack was writing about lunch in 2003. Somebody added a reply yesterday, which is why it was back on page 1 of this board yesterday.

Originally posted by Horace Horsecollar
You may have seen the thread, "Dec 19 lunch with Imagineer!!!!!," in which MamaQuack wrote, "We were lucky enough to get the last lunch with an Imagineer of the year!"

But that thread actually started in 2003, and MamaQuack was writing about lunch in 2003. Somebody added a reply yesterday, which is why it was back on page 1 of this board yesterday.

That could very well be it :o I should've paid closer attention, but there's so much to read on here it's hard to remember everything. Since this is still available then I may look into it as well. It seems like a cool idea, and it'd be fun to pick the brain of an Imagineer ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter