How do you make a peach cobbler?

disneyfan.uk

Earning My Ears
I have read in a post from the communtiy board about Peach Cobbler - How is this made - It sounds so yummy!!

Also, since the new boards have been up and running has nayone posted the cheddar cheese soup from Le cellier? ( I have to admit that I haven't done a search yet just thought of it as I was typing!!)

Thanks;)

Here's one I've made before - if you don't want it with blueberries, just use more peaches or any fruit you might like.

(Maybe BT will share her recipe with us)

Peach-a-Berry Cobbler

When Better Homes and Gardens magazine asked readers to name their favorite BH&G recipe, many readers nominated this recipe. Why? It's the juicy combination of two fruits and the "so fluffy" topping.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
3 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons coarse granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. For topping, stir together flour, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and the baking powder. Add milk and the 1/4 cup butter or margarine all at once. Stir until smooth; set aside.

2. For filling, in a medium saucepan stir together brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Add peaches and blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Add the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and the lemon juice; stir until butter or margarine melts. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Spoon topping in mounds over hot filling; spread evenly over filling. Sprinkle with a mixture of the 2 tablespoons coarse sugar and the nutmeg or cinnamon. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven.

3. Bake cobbler in a 350 degree F. oven about 35 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted into topper comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

Winter Peach-a-Berry Cobbler: Prepare and bake cobbler as above, except substitute 3 cups drained canned peach slices for the fresh peaches, 1 cup frozen blueberries for the fresh blueberries, and 1/2 cup syrup from the canned peaches for the cold water.

Here's the cheddar soup :

Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup

Ingredients:
1/2 lb bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
3 celery ribs cut into 1/4 in pieces
3 cups milk
1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces
2 tbsp butter
3 cups water or chicken broth
3 dashes tabasco
1 cup flour
1/2 cup beer
3/4 lb grated white cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

In a soup pot start to brown the onion over medium heat. When the bacon is starting to get crisp, add the onions, celery and butter. Cook until the onion is translucent. Add the flour and incorporate with the butter. Cook for 4 minutes-constantly stirring. Add the water/broth and whisk. Make sure there are no lumps. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stir every couple of minutes. Add the milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after you add the milk. After the last 15 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese then the beer. Add the tabasco and season with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick you can thin it out with some milk. Serve with your favorite bread and top with some chopped scallions or chives.

Boy that peach a berry cobbler sounds yummy!

And I do love that Cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier.

Just about every Southern cook has this EASY recipe:

Peach Cobbler

1 stick margarine
1 quart peaches
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. Slice peaches, pour 3/4 cup sugar over them, stir. Put the margarine in an 8" or 9" baking dish and place into the oven to melt. Combine remainder of the sugar, flour, baking powder, milk and salt. Pour batter over melted margarine. Spoon peaches over the top. Do not stir. Bake 40-50 minutes or until batter is brown.

Great warm with vanilla ice cream! Not bad cold for breakfast . . .

I use a very similar recipe to Tar Heel's. It is very good for berry or apple cobbler as well. Adjust the sugar to your taste...usually 1 cup to 4 cups fruit. And also adjust sugar if you're using very sweet peaches or white flesh peaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter