How Early is Too Early to Plan??? - TR Link Added - 12/29

Welcome Home!

Thanks for the updates... and better you than me braving the crowds at that time of year. :thumbsup2
Hey, I'm just glad I'm not there this week. :crazy2::eek:

It actually wasn't too bad after our arrival day. But... we went to Studios on a Saturday evening with 2 Fantasmics on a day it had EMH. Not ideal, but all we wanted to see was Osborne lights and use a TSMM FP+

It was definitely more crowded than I've ever seen it in early/mid December, but over the course of the week as a whole, it wasn't too bad.

Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences, even the not so good ones like the melt down or Mama Melrose (we were still considering doing this since we've never been, but now it's scratched off)

Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences, even the not so good ones like the melt down or Mama Melrose (we were still considering doing this since we've never been, but now it's scratched off)

I hope you guys have a great trip!

Mama Melrose was a big let down for us. I've enjoyed it in the past, but this time just didn't live up to our past experience there. The food wasn't horrible, but it really didn't impress me any either. It seemed like our dishes must have sat somewhere for a long time before we ever got them. The service was absolutely horrible. Could have just been a bad day for them, but I'll say you made a good choice.

Welcome Back! I'm sorry that you had some not so stellar experiences, but I'm glad overall it was a good trip. We tried Mama Melrose's for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you this time.

Loved the upgraded room! I hope you took more pictures, that's where we want to stay at AoA, I would love a Cars Room!

I'm looking forward to the TR when you get to it!

OK, Disneyland vets. I finally managed to get myself back over to doing some planning for that trip. I don't know if we want to do any/many table service restaurants, but I want to go ahead and get a few reservations in case we decide we do want to. I know very little about Disneyland restaurants, so I need some input or suggestions for places that someone just can't miss if they have a chance to try it. We're most likely looking for lunch spots so give me your top choice in each park and DTD.

As of right now... My hope is that DW and I can go to Trader Sam's on our arrival day for an early dinner before kids are banned for the night.

I'm also considering seeing if DW and I can get a date night to go to Napa Rose at some point.

As of right now, the only reservation we have is for the new Fantasmic on the go dinner package for Friday evening. It appears to me that Fantasmic and Fireworks might only happen on Friday night while we're there so we'd have to do both that night? No actual showtimes have been released, but based on what I'm seeing from last year, this would appear to be the case. At the same time though, they're offering the dinner package on other nights, so I really don't know what to make of that. I can see us booking the package only to have our reservation canceled once they release the show schedule or something. Is it reasonable to be able to see Fantasmic and get a decent view of the fireworks on the same evening?

Thanks in advance, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!! :thumbsup2

As Alicia said, I always recommend the Lamb Burger at the Uva Bar in DTD. The Plaza Inn has a great Fried Chicken Dinner, you can split it between a few different people, especially with young kids. We get that dinner and a Cobb Salad for the two of us and there are still leftovers.

I tried the French Market with Alicia in July and it was great, again possibly splittable meals. The meatloaf and the chicken were both very large portions.

Another place that I like is the Bengal Barbeque. The skewers aren't a lot of food, but they are tasty. My favorites are the non-spicy Chicken skewer and the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Carnation Café is a sit down place with a GREAT lunch offering. I've had their Baked Potato Soup on every visit and it is a meal in itself, but you can split their meatloaf or a burger along with the soup, and that is a lot of food!

At DCA, my favorite place is the Garden Grill. They serve Mediterranean style food. You have a choice of Chicken, Kefta (meatball), tofu and I think vegetable. It's served with your choice of sauce a pita and rice. They also have a Greek Salad and a Gyro too. Everything there is good.

You have a lot of good suggestions from other people too. I just haven't been to a lot of the places that they have.

Oh Alison where are you?! She'll have better suggestions, i'm sure.

Our Thanksgiving trip wiped us out and then holiday visitors and cleaning took their toll on us staying caught up. I'm just finally getting around to everyone's TRs again!

Welcome Back! I'm sorry that you had some not so stellar experiences, but I'm glad overall it was a good trip. We tried Mama Melrose's for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you this time.

Loved the upgraded room! I hope you took more pictures, that's where we want to stay at AoA, I would love a Cars Room!

I'm looking forward to the TR when you get to it!
We've enjoyed Mama Melrose in the past. This time was just a big let down to us.

I do have a few more pictures of the room. I actually parked the car and then went to the room after we checked in, while DW and the kids walked through the resort to explore en route to our building. I beat them and actually got a few cell phone pictures before we trashed the place. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

You have a lot of good suggestions from other people too. I just haven't been to a lot of the places that they have.
Thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup2 Right now we really don't have any reservations, and I'm not sure we'll make any. The Plaza was one I had in mind that I'd like to try. But I think we'll play it by ear. And if we end up getting shut out of Table Service restaurants due to lack of planning, so be it. We want to stay flexible and as budget friendly as possible now that we've splurged on our resort choice. :rolleyes1

I'd kind of been waiting on my parents to get their trip booked before making reservations, but well... doesn't look like that will be happening. :sad2:

I know I had some requests for PM's when the TR went live, but I get to go meet with a guy about a quote for a new furnace this afternoon. :headache: I'll try to get to PM's tomorrow, but at least I had time to get the new TR set up.

Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup is now live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter