How Early is Too Early to Plan??? - TR Link Added - 12/29

Sad to see any trip end! And sadder that a place you were looking forward to didn't deliver!

Looking forward to your TR!

Ok... so maybe I did use that FP+ for Anna and Elsa that I never could get moved to the same time as everyone else. Find the loophole and exploit it. More princess time for DD. She got to see them twice!

20141219_120136.jpg

Today was a perfect end to our time in Disney World although it came way too soon.

Thanks for following along with my random and sporadic updates while we were gone. We had a great trip overall, but it definitely felt more busy than our past December trips. I feel like we ran ourselves ragged and didn't get as much done as we expected to.

We're back home now and trying to adjust to our re-entry into the real world. I'm going to try to get somewhat caught up on TR's before we head off to California. I'll probably try to get a TR started at some point, but it might be a little bit photo deficient. We really didn't take the time to take a lot of pictures and just tried to enjoy ourselves. We had Memory Maker, but didn't even get a lot of photo pass pictures because it seemed every one we passed all week had a line and we just didn't want to take the time to wait for a picture. It certainly did seem much busier than we had expected, but still very manageable.

Thanks for following along with my random and sporadic updates while we were gone. We had a great trip overall, but it definitely felt more busy than our past December trips. I feel like we ran ourselves ragged and didn't get as much done as we expected to.

We're back home now and trying to adjust to our re-entry into the real world. I'm going to try to get somewhat caught up on TR's before we head off to California. I'll probably try to get a TR started at some point, but it might be a little bit photo deficient. We really didn't take the time to take a lot of pictures and just tried to enjoy ourselves. We had Memory Maker, but didn't even get a lot of photo pass pictures because it seemed every one we passed all week had a line and we just didn't want to take the time to wait for a picture. It certainly did seem much busier than we had expected, but still very manageable.

Welcome home! We'll take whatever you want to give us as far as a TR goes. Love the picture of your DD with Elsa.

Thanks for the kind word over the past week.

20141212_143614.jpg

The car is loaded. Just need to find a place for MiL and FiL to stash their bags. California is going to be a tough one for our family to pack for. One of those bags has nothing but shoes for the kids and DW... :rolleyes2

Getting ready to lay down and sleep for a while. We'll be on the road in about 5 hours. Hopefully my next post will be from the parks!

I think that's a FINE packing job!

Sharon from Cleveland is the best CM ever. We got the best Little Mermaid room on property...

20141213_143854.jpg

SCORE! I want that little mermaid room

Sorry about the crowds and nasty other guests marring the experience. A large group is BRUTAL on the whole rope drop thing. I've learned I have to let it go, or just go ahead without those who aren't ready, and be ok with it either way.

LOVE the princess photos!

It is HARD when kids are at that age not to be run ragged. Add extra players into the mix and it's a triple whammy. I'm glad it was good overall and hope you can now rest and recover from your vacation. Welcome home (and sorry I've been so MIA!).

Welcome home!! I've had trips like that; sometimes it's hard to find that balance, but even moreso with little ones.

Welcome home! We'll take whatever you want to give us as far as a TR goes. Love the picture of your DD with Elsa.
She definitely got some good princess pictures.

Welcome home Andy! Sorry it went by so fast, but I hope it was a great time.
It was a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

I think that's a FINE packing job!
Well, as it turned out, DW had 3 more bags that I didn't know about at that time, so that "window" in the middle... yeah, I couldn't see out the rear of the vehicle at all when it was all said and done. :rotfl2:

SCORE! I want that little mermaid room
We were extremely excited about it!!!

Sorry about the crowds and nasty other guests marring the experience. A large group is BRUTAL on the whole rope drop thing. I've learned I have to let it go, or just go ahead without those who aren't ready, and be ok with it either way.
I was all for it. But I have to also keep DW happy, so... :rolleyes1

LOVE the princess photos!
We don't have many pictures... but we do have plenty of those!

It is HARD when kids are at that age not to be run ragged. Add extra players into the mix and it's a triple whammy. I'm glad it was good overall and hope you can now rest and recover from your vacation. Welcome home (and sorry I've been so MIA!).
Well, yeah... you'd know about touring with a group after your epic New Years trip. :rotfl2:

Don't worry about the MIA thing. I've been pretty sporadic around here for the past couple of months myself.

Welcome home!! I've had trips like that; sometimes it's hard to find that balance, but even moreso with little ones.
And I didn't get a chance last week, so :welcome: to my PTR!

It really is hard to find the balance. I always want to do as much as I possibly can when we go because we will likely only be going once every couple of years or so.

And I didn't get a chance last week, so :welcome: to my PTR!

It really is hard to find the balance. I always want to do as much as I possibly can when we go because we will likely only be going once every couple of years or so.

Thank ya much! Glad to be here. :goodvibes

You're much like us, then. I only get to go every 4-5 years here, so I feel it even more. Making the most of every trip is paramount, but that's easier to do with "kids" that can keep up.

Hey, send me a PM when you launch your trippie. I am in and out with school and all going on, and don't often "just cruise". I"ll subscribe to get me there more often. :)

Thank ya much! Glad to be here. :goodvibes

You're much like us, then. I only get to go every 4-5 years here, so I feel it even more. Making the most of every trip is paramount, but that's easier to do with "kids" that can keep up.

Hey, send me a PM when you launch your trippie. I am in and out with school and all going on, and don't often "just cruise". I"ll subscribe to get me there more often. :)
Yeah, we've been getting spoiled by the frequency of our trips lately. I grew up going every 4 years or so, then had about a 10 year gap, but I've been 4 times since 2008. And I still want to do everything, every trip! :rotfl2:

Welcome back! :)
Thanks. And you made a valid point about the solo trip idea. Will you be doing a TR from yours?

Because I'll be attending a conference in Orlando next year.

And I don't know if DW will go or not... so... :rolleyes1

Andy, I wish you and your family a VERY

Thank you! I hope you did as well!

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

And you made a valid point about the solo trip idea. Will you be doing a TR from yours? Because I'll be attending a conference in Orlando next year. And I don't know if DW will go or not... so... :rolleyes1

Yes. I've had a couple people ask me for one so it's a go.
I'm hoping for a different kind of trip, but I suspect I'll fall back into commando mode as soon as I hit a park! :laughing:

Yes. I've had a couple people ask me for one so it's a go.
I'm hoping for a different kind of trip, but I suspect I'll fall back into commando mode as soon as I hit a park! :laughing:
:lmao::rotfl2: Isn't that how it always goes? You can't resist your instincts!

We do commando too; burning the candle at both ends seems to be our modus operandi. Even when we swear we're gonna slow down and take it all in. I guess we still take it all in, just in hyper-sonic speed mode.

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!!

Andy - I didn't realize you were leaving random updates, but that's probably because I've barely been on the DIS in the last two weeks. So glad you had a great vacation and I think your packing job is awesome. I can't wait to read all about your trip so I really hope there is a TR involved, even if it has to wait!

We do commando too; burning the candle at both ends seems to be our modus operandi. Even when we swear we're gonna slow down and take it all in. I guess we still take it all in, just in hyper-sonic speed mode.

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!!
:rotfl2: That's exactly how we roll! Then we take the time to slow down the last day after we've done it all. Unfortunately, we never got to that point this time around.

Andy - I didn't realize you were leaving random updates, but that's probably because I've barely been on the DIS in the last two weeks. So glad you had a great vacation and I think your packing job is awesome. I can't wait to read all about your trip so I really hope there is a TR involved, even if it has to wait!
I just kind of put something up from my phone if I had a chance. That's why they really don't stick out. I didn't take the time to edit the font or anything like that or even reply much.

And one of these days, I'll start a TR if I can ever come up with a good title.

Welcome Home!

Thanks for the updates... and better you than me braving the crowds at that time of year. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter