How far apart in age are your kids?

2 years between the 1st and 2nd, 8 years between the 2nd and 3rd, and then 7 more years until number 4. My oldest was a senior in high school when my youngest was born. There's a lot I love about the age gaps, but I do see how close my oldest 2 are and do wish we had number 4 much closer to number 3. It would be nice to have them ALL a year apart, but we would have never survived the toddler years if they were all babies/toddlers at the same time.

I have a high school senior (graduates next weekend), a sophomore, and two 8th graders. I did not want my first two to be that far apart, we started trying for another when first was 10 months old. It took 9 months to get pg again. I found the two years between kids a good gap. I think it will be good to have the first one in college for a couple years before the next one goes to college too, gives us time to get a grip and see what finances look like with a college student. Having my hands full with four kids four and under was not hard for me (I used to be a nanny). Now it's hard with them all going in different directions and only one of them drives (and not my oldest :rolleyes1). I just want to warn you that getting pregnant again could be a snap, or it could take longer than you think so don't count on any time tables being perfectly orchestrated :upsidedow.

20 months between 1 and 2
3 years, 4 months between 2 and 3
13 months between 3 and 4
= 6 years between child 1 and child 4

Yes. I was 37 when I had mine and DS was taking all the nutrition. (I always tell them it was payback for her sitting on his head all those months, lol). DD was not growing anymore and we ran the real risk of losing her.

It’s crazy but I always knew I’d have twins. I talked about it all the time when I was a kid.

LOL, I always used to say I'd have twins, too!

They took mine at 36 weeks as I had developed HELLP. I was given the choice to have a c-section or not but opted for the section because I didn't want to go through with a breech extraction (twin b was breech, a was head down).

My kids are 5 years apart, not by choice, had some miscarriages in between. In my opinion, that is too big of an age gap. They were not close at all growing up. Being boy/girl and that far apart they did not have any common interests. Now at 28 and 33 they finally get along.
DD has 2 kids that are 20 months apart and the third on the way will be 33 month younger than his sister. It is great watching the 2 play together.

One thing that a lot of people may not think of when the are having kids, but when they get older it can be expensive. Two kids driving and paying high insurance premiums at the same time, or two kids in college at the same time. At least we didn't have that to worry about.

DH and I have a “yours, mine and ours” family, so some of the age spaces weren’t planned. Ages are 20, 19, 16, 13, 13, 10 and 6. The older ones help out with the younger kids, which is nice and builds their relationships.

My brother and I are four years apart, he being younger. I never felt it was a huge age gap, we still did a lot together. Now that we’re adults (and he has a large family of his own too, with five kids), that gap is a non-issue. We talk all the time and I consider him one of my best friends.

My parents wanted two kids close together and my sister and I are 3 minutes apart... sometimes plans work out even better than you thought!

My kids are 1 yr, 11 months, and 15 days apart. They look a lot alike, so sometimes, a silly person asks if they are twins. Um no, not unless 1 was stuck in the womb for an extra 2 years. :rotfl2: We didn't plan it out that way (how they're almost exactly 2 yr apart in age). It just happened that way. They're very close & share a bedroom at their request..

My kids are 1 yr, 11 months, and 15 days apart. They look a lot alike, so sometimes, a silly person asks if they are twins. Um no, not unless 1 was stuck in the womb for an extra 2 years. :rotfl2: We didn't plan it out that way (how they're almost exactly 2 yr apart in age). It just happened that way. They're very close & share a bedroom at their request..
Dd15, ds15, and dd17 were exactly the same height and weight from at least 13 years, everyone who didn’t know them thought they were triplets. During many of those years, dd21 and ds20 were the same height. I’d always get stared at.

Dd15, ds15, and dd17 were exactly the same height and weight from at least 13 years, everyone who didn’t know them thought they were triplets. During many of those years, dd21 and ds20 were the same height. I’d always get stared at.
You know what's really funny? ODD is like 4" taller than YDD and a couple of employees at the grocery store we go to would often comment, "are you SURE they're not twins?"

Um yes, I'm sure. I gave birth to them. I'm pretty certain that they're not twins. HAHA

5 years and 11 days between 1&2 - both girls. Planned that way- couldn't afford daycare for 2 at same time. Not working wasn't an option. However they are four years apart in school as we started the second kid a year early (developmentally she was ready).

3 1/2 years between 2&3 -third is a boy. Maybe TMI but he wasn't planned at all (BC fail lol). Of course I can't imagine life without him now. 2&3 are also four years apart in school

The age gaps worked and continues to work for us. I'd have been completely insane (instead I'm only partly insane lol) with kids closer in age. I enjoyed each stage of each kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter