How fast do races fill up?

Yikes, good to know, thanks.

I guess we'll put the date on the calendar and see how fast the server crashes...

Depends on the race.
I wanted to do the Princess half and it sold out in 22 hrs. Last year's Wine & Dine sold out in a little over a day. So yeah, def mark your calendar and go for it on the day it opens.

Good luck!

They sell out in hours now. They are super popular. I ended up joining a recognized running group who can ask for guaranteed spots (kind of like how travel agents and charity groups do as well) just to make sure I don't ever miss a race I really want to do.

Does anyone know what time the Disneyland marathon weekend online registration starts? I think it's on 2/10 but not sure what time the process begins.

I was gonna ask what time...noon is good. Midnight would have sucked!

Any experienced registrers can tell me...does the site crash often? We've had issues registering for popular races, and since I'll do this from work, hoping it'll work well...

Less than two months to registration!

It crashes everytime. If the link doesn'the work go to the official FB page or twitter where direct registration links will be posted.

Anyone remember (ballpark-ish) how long it took for the WDW Marathon weekend 5k, 10k, and half to sell out?

I registered for them last year but didn't pay attention to the sellout times once I was already registered.

I have an AP and I'm going to sign up during passholder registration for Wine and Dine so I'm certain I'll get in.I Do however plan to run it with some friends that dont have AP's.knowing that this race sells out within 24 hours,is there any way I can sign them up early with me,or is all I can do is hope that they can sign up in time the day it opens.Since this is their first Disney race the whole registration process and making sure they get in will be difficult as I'm sure not All of them can take the day off and make sure theyre in front of a Computer at noon.I already told them I could take the day off and register whoever I can,but 4-5 people will be a task.I just want to make sure we all get in.This is also the race that sells out faster than any of the races I've done in the past.

I Do however plan to run it with some friends that dont have AP's.knowing that this race sells out within 24 hours,is there any way I can sign them up early with me,or is all I can do is hope that they can sign up in time the day it opens[?]

Somebody recently shared an e-mailed response from runDisney stating AP/DVC registrations were limited to those holding the AP/DVC status and their immediate family/household. It claimed they had a verification process in place to try and ensure this and that they would discard any registrations found not in compliance. I thought I saw it on the Team #runDisney Facebook page, but I'm not finding it now.

Somebody recently shared an e-mailed response from runDisney stating AP/DVC registrations were limited to those holding the AP/DVC status and their immediate family/household. It claimed they had a verification process in place to try and ensure this and that they would discard any registrations found not in compliance. I thought I saw it on the Team #runDisney Facebook page, but I'm not finding it now.

Yeah that's what I figured,I'll sign up early during AP registration and then we'll have to coordinate who can sign up on their own or if they need me to to sign them up the day it opens,hoping we can all get in.

So, my mom has a WDW AP and is NOT registering can I register with the early link for the Disneyland half since we are the same household? I'm thinking not but thought I'd ask.

So, my mom has a WDW AP and is NOT registering can I register with the early link for the Disneyland half since we are the same household? I'm thinking not but thought I'd ask.

I don't remember the precise language of the e-mail and still didn't see it again, but I thought it included family and household, such that a mom could use it to register a daughter and vice versa. Since it's a great benefit to have if it's allowed, maybe give them a call or shoot an e-mail now so there's time for them to respond to you to know for sure.

Can you use an AP voucher number to access early registration, or does it have to be validated?

Considering an AP purchase, but it won't be validated until after the Wine & Dine early registration, so not sure if it is worth buying right now or waiting.

Can you use an AP voucher number to access early registration, or does it have to be validated?

Considering an AP purchase, but it won't be validated until after the Wine & Dine early registration, so not sure if it is worth buying right now or waiting.

Pretty sure it has to be a valid AP for you to be able to log into the Passholders section (which is where the early registration link is posted).

Ariel484 - really enjoyed your Trip Report by the way - Looks like you have quite a bit of experience with Disney Races. How long does it take for the Dopey Challenge to fill up? I was at the 2015 Marathon Weekend with my family and completed the Goofy Challenge. I am hoping to run the Dopey Challenge next year but wondering if it is hours? Should I be taking that day off and trying as soon as it opens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter