How fast do races fill up?

Dopey filled within hours last year. I don't remember exactly how fast. It wasn't one hour, but it wasn't 8 either. If you want to run Dopey, plan to register as soon as it opens.

Ariel484 - really enjoyed your Trip Report by the way - Looks like you have quite a bit of experience with Disney Races. How long does it take for the Dopey Challenge to fill up? I was at the 2015 Marathon Weekend with my family and completed the Goofy Challenge. I am hoping to run the Dopey Challenge next year but wondering if it is hours? Should I be taking that day off and trying as soon as it opens?
Thank you! :)

@FFigawi summed it up in the post above!!

Did a little research. According to Runner's Guide to Disney (Facebook account) the 10K sold out in just over 2 hours. The 5K, Half, Dopey within 4 hours. I remember leaving work around 3:45 and reading a post about them being sold out and was glad I signed up at noon-ish because otherwise I wouldn't have made it home in time to sign up.

Yeah, basically...if you know you want to do a race you'll want to be ready to sign up right when registration opens at noon. :)

Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it. Looks like I am taking the day off or at least a long lunch to make sure i get a spot. Filling up in two to four hours is crazy!

Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it. Looks like I am taking the day off or at least a long lunch to make sure i get a spot. Filling up in two to four hours is crazy!
I'm curious to see what happens this coming Tuesday, when regular registration for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend races opens. During early registration Dumbo spots for AP holders and DVC members filled in something crazy like 15 minutes, so I'm guessing Dumbo will be full in well less than an hour. :confused3

Start refreshing the page a bit before noon...the links will sometimes go live early.

Dopey registration filled up in I believe 4 hours? If you can register early (with AP or DVC) do it.

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter