How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

I attend church online all the time. I work on Sunday in an office setting, and have church on while I am working. Now, there is a congregation in the church at the same time, but there wouldn’t have to be.

I haven't been to church in years! I'm just remembering my days at Catholic Mass. :rotfl:

A lot of events are being cancelled. There are no local cases yet. The stores have been busy but not too crazy. I was thinking tonight I should get some ingredients for chili.

I will be at my exercise class tomorrow morning (it's in a large space and social distancing won't be a problem). I will be out delivering meals on wheels tomorrow (those people really need the food). I have a dentist appointment I will go to. I will be at my church this weekend and will sing in the choir as usual. Our church is small, usually less than 100 people attend, probably will be closer to half that Sunday.

Next week is March break, so it would officially be two weeks off. I have no idea if we’re getting paid at this point. I guess we’ll be speculating at work tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll get some details soon.

The government was asked directly this afternoon if staff would be paid. He answered "yes" and then immediately left the podium. Laughing. Couldn't get off there fast enough.

I was pleasantly surprised as I thought they would enjoy their savings, so to speak. Let's hope it isn't word play.

And then I was searching on one specific school board's twitter. Once again they were asked directly and answered "yes".

So if a no comes all hell is going to break loose.

Last edited:
Our dining room table has officially become the satellite campus of UW-Madison, Marquette and Carthage. Just waiting and watching for a cancellation for the younger kiddos elementary/middle school.

Today was a day of answering a lot of unknowns and our Spring is looking a whole lot different. DS is on a FIRST Robotics team. They competed in a Regional competition in our hometown last weekend where they earned a trip to World’s in Detroit at the end of April/beginning of May. So much excitement over that! They also had decided this year to participate in another regional in Southern Florida at the beginning of April. All week we’ve been wondering if they would happen or if the school would allow them to travel. Today FIRST cancelled the whole season. We get why but it still sucks.

The government was asked directly this afternoon if staff would be paid. He answered "yes" and then immediately left the podium. Laughing. Couldn't get off there fast enough.

I was pleasantly surprised as I thought they would enjoy their savings, so to speak. Let's hope it isn't word play.

And then I was searching on one specific school board's twitter. Once again they were asked directly and answered "yes".

So if a no comes all hell is going to break loose.
That’s good to know. I figured the unions suspected the schools would close and that’s why they put the rotating strikes on the back burner.

I haven't been to church in years! I'm just remembering my days at Catholic Mass. :rotfl:

Even decades ago there were televised church services. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia used to televise a Sunday morning Mass on one of the local independent channels for the benefit of sick and housebound people. So online is really not that different.

Even decades ago there were televised church services. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia used to televise a Sunday morning Mass on one of the local independent channels for the benefit of sick and housebound people. So online is really not that different.

Yeah, but it was still a mass with the congregation, just televised.

No big deal. Just would be different

I think it's important to remember that, without adequate testing to determine the extent of the current spread of the virus, each of us will have to wait 14 days from now to determine if we've actually acquired the virus or not. In the aggregate that means that, as a nation, we can't use the way things appear right now as any sort of guide to tell us how widespread the disease is. The disease seems to spread most effectively before people even know they have it. We'll have to wait 2 weeks to know how we were actually doing on March 12. We're staying home now.

A lot of the big companies around are having everyone work remotely, public transit is still running (although with less people), supermarket shelves were definitely looking a bit bare, and there's a definite sense of foreboding.

I work at a private medical practice and we're remaining open - so far. We're not "essential" and wouldn't handle any types of cases related to the virus - so we'll see if we remain open or not in the coming weeks. We have plans to go to Connecticut for the weekend and are still planning on going - unless something changes. Obviously following all precautions (like washing hands - but I do that a lot in my field anyway...).

We were going to fly to Disney next week.
Now I will likely stay home and catch up with the stockpiling people after I spend hours on the phone to unbook all my travel plans.

Both of my DD's work in industries adversely affected by the virus restrictions and their employers have started cutbacks. So they may face lay-offs soon if this doesn't turn around, and DH and I won't be able to help out as much as we would like because we're retired and out IRA accounts have nose-dived.

Governor announced today schools will be closed for the next two weeks. So I will be home with my kids. Did some mega amounts of shopping today and I plan on us just staying home for the next two weeks at least.
Lots of things canceled but thankfully we didn’t have any real travel plans this year. We’ve got a trip planned for July but it doesn’t require flying.

I was supposed to fly to hawaii today for a week. Spent 9 hours on the phone yesterday canceling everything when things started exploding in our area. DH went back to work, but i am mostly going to lie low - trying to "flatten the curve."

Prior to yesterday we were just minimuzing contact, handwashing, etc. The last 48 hours have changed in our community, certainly.

Last edited:
Biggest challenge is dealing with the ridiculous crowds.

I don't expect my camping trips to be impacted.

We were going to fly to Disney next week.
Now I will likely stay home and catch up with the stockpiling people after I spend hours on the phone to unbook all my travel plans.
Same with us. Cancelling a Disney trip planned for over a year combined with the stress/uncertainty of the craziness around us is very depressing... My biggest concern isn't my health, but how this country is ever going to dig out of this economically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter