How is everything booked already?

I got what I wanted, including 'Ohana, with the exception of Rose and Crown. Our ADR window opened yesterday. Started a "Finder" on Touring Plans. It has come through for me many times in the past, hoping it will this time as well.

Agreed, I used finder as well for our hard to get spring break ohana dinner for four.

I don't know if the finder is still free but it was two months ago when they "found" three different reservation times for dinner at Ohana.

I chose the 5:20 time as it worked best with our schedule but the other two times were during regular dinner hours as well.

We are right there in the same boat with everyone here. Our window opened yesterday and we couldn't find one time all week for Ohana, Akershus or Garden Grill. Hopefully they will release some additional times later as everyone has mentioned.

I'm headed over to Touring Plans to get on this "finder" thing that you've all mentioned!

It definitely sounds like something has been up with ADRs, but the OP says she started looking at 5am, but 6am Eastern is the start of the online booking window (unless OP is in a different time zone).

I doubt that it matters in this case because multiple posters have reported weirdness with ADR availability, but when things are working "normally" you can't see the full selection of available times until after 6am on the morning when your ADR window opens up.

I agree with you on this- especially since our trip is for the supposed "best week" of the year to go as far as crowds are concerned. I have NEVER had issues making reservations like this before. It's killing me! I did follow others' advice though and I signed up for the touringplans reservation finder. It's worth the $15 subscription fee for that tool alone!

I think the reservation finder is still free on the TP site.

I have to agree that I don't think it's free dining causing the problems. I booked last Tuesday for Thanksgiving week (which includes free dining) and I got everything I wanted at great times except Akershus which had absolutely no availability for my entire stay. Wednesday afternoon the entire week opened up for Akershus and I easily got my day. We went last year for the same exact dates (which also included free dining) and I don't recall it being any easier or more difficult than this year. I really believe for whatever reason they are holding off releasing times for certain restaurants.

Perhaps more free dining packages were released this year?

What other reason would guests have to book up so many dining reservations so far out? They're booking the restaurants because they're eating "free" food they normally wouldn't eat.

The first two weeks of December are no longer slow times because Disney has packed their resorts and tables with guests. Good for them I suppose.

I don't think free dining is going anywhere.

I've never, and as long as I'm working, won't be able to plan at 180 days. I think the most notice I've ever had was like 6 weeks. Tons of reservations pop randomly, you just have to keep checking. I can (with the exception of V&A, and I still have good luck on their waiting list) usually get just about pretty much anything I want. I often get lunch ADRs same day, actually, for my last 5 trips, they've all been day of for lunches. If you keep checking in - you'll get what you're after, I'm sure of it!

Disclaimer: I prefer to eat pretty late, that may effect my ability to get ADRs, or it may be my stubbornness.

Just signed up for it - unfortunately not free any longer. :headache:

You could get it with any subscription level though.

I don't have a paid subscription but it still seemed to work for me. Granted I haven't gotten any notices but I just signed up today.

I think party size and trip length must play into it as well. I booked Sunday and have been able to get everything I wanted at "normal" times except I have an early Fantasmic but didn't get that until yesterday. That included most of the hard to get ones. I feel bad for everyone who has struggled. I really do think things will open up though.

Forgot to add we are a party of four so that may have been easier than larger groups.

Just signed up for it - unfortunately not free any longer. :headache:

You could get it with any subscription level though.

The Touring Plans website says you don't need a paid subscription in order to use the service. Did you try to use it and it wouldn't let you or something?

This may be a silly question.
The 180 days period, can you only book for that day or for the duration of your break?
So, if the first day of your holiday is the 10th, 180 days in advance can you only book that day only or right through to the 24th ?

Perhaps more free dining packages were released this year?

What other reason would guests have to book up so many dining reservations so far out? They're booking the restaurants because they're eating "free" food they normally wouldn't eat.

The first two weeks of December are no longer slow times because Disney has packed their resorts and tables with guests. Good for them I suppose.

I don't think free dining is going anywhere.

Free dining availability is getting more limited every year. Plus now that the moderate resorts don't offer the regular TS plan for free, more people are opting to try the quick service plan for the first time.

I believe lack of ADR availability is just Disney holding them back and/or not loading them into the system 180 days out.

I seriously cannot believe this. Today is our 180 day mark as well, and I haven't gotten a single reservation I wanted. I am livid. I guess I'm just going to hold off and check every day for openings!

i had the same problem. I called and spoke with someone in guest services bc i was considering cancelling my vacation and taking my party of 11 elsewhere. To say i was pissed is an understatement. They could not give a reason why everything was booked. We tend to think some of it has to do with people double and triple booking their dining and picking where they want to go at the 24 hour mark, and cancelling where they do not want to go.
Needless to say, she was able to get me every place i requested with the exception of BOG. I hated to have to pull the "let me speak to your manager" card, but for the money we are paying, there should be options available on day 180. i could see if i was trying this a week or month prior... but i logged on at 6am on day 180.

Try going my route. worst that can happen is they cant help you.

I just went on today to see if I would struggle to get ADRs towards the end of my trip. Nobody should have trouble today from the 2nd on. I only searched for 5:00 time and there was everything. I could have gotten Anything and everything from BOG to Akershus and Ohana. I did switch a Fantasmic Hollywood and Vine for a good time. I seriously searched for them all and could find times around 5:00. So glad for those booking today. Hopefully better luck. Now the earlier days would still be trickier.

I had the same problem yesterday, which was my 180 day. I logged on at 6am and NOTHING available for our large party (11), even if i split it into small groups. I called them at 7am. waited on hold for 45 mins. She was unable to help me find anything either. I was pissed. (still am somewhat). I asked to speak to a manager because this is completely unacceptable. If i am paying close to $70 a day for a meal plan, (DVC so yes, paying) there should be options. There should be option paying or free!
They transferred me to Guest Services. Needless to say, after threatening to cancel and take my money down the street to another said park, she was able to get me everything i wanted, except for BOG. The times are not the greatest- but at least its something. Good luck everyone. I hope it works out for you all. This really does stink!

I arrive the day after Thanksgiving staying for 8 nights. Although I got most everything I wanted, the times for Akershus were not ideal. I think it has more to do with them holding back reservations for CP.

I had the same problem yesterday, which was my 180 day. I logged on at 6am and NOTHING available for our large party (11), even if i split it into small groups. I called them at 7am. waited on hold for 45 mins. She was unable to help me find anything either. I was pissed. (still am somewhat). I asked to speak to a manager because this is completely unacceptable. If i am paying close to $70 a day for a meal plan, (DVC so yes, paying) there should be options. There should be option paying or free!
They transferred me to Guest Services. Needless to say, after threatening to cancel and take my money down the street to another said park, she was able to get me everything i wanted, except for BOG. The times are not the greatest- but at least its something. Good luck everyone. I hope it works out for you all. This really does stink!

I'm glad you got what you wanted. I do think though that they just hold some back as evidenced by what I saw today. Now I've had all of mine booked for days but read so much about trouble people were having so I logged on and saw so many options at good times. I do think a party of 11 would be so much harder for sure. I've never had to book for that size!

Overall I think patience works for smaller groups even though it's harder to be patient. A few years ago I booked well after 180 days and still got everything.

It would be very frustrating though to not see anything. Another tip I noticed. When I searched for "dinner" I got later times. I searched for 5:00 and up they popped!! This was for 12/1 on though. I'll admit I didn't try every day before then.

Good luck to all!

Most good stuff was gone before the FD window opened (that only started on 5/29.)

I was this morning as well. I got everything I wanted day and time except Sci-Fi, would have taken early lunch or early dinner but could only get 2:55. And no biergarten. But I don't think that is sold out, I think it just hasn't been released yet. I had to move a few restaurants around. Narcoossees was sold out 12/3, which was odd.

I was not trying to get any real hard ones though, got Crystal Palace and Ohana breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter