How is everything booked already?

Okay just checked Akershus it is still small. Eggs, bacon, sausage and potato casserole. Unless they have changed it you do get some pastries. Different meal is better there.

Last time we had breakfast at Akershus, they had what you mentioned, plus biscuits, smoked salmon, peppered mackeral, couple of different kinds of herring, lots of different cheeses, fruit and TONS of different bagels/danishes/turnovers/cinnamon rolls...had more, but that's just off the top of my head. Maybe they've scaled way back since then. Haven't heard that they have, though. Not really a huge Akershus fan, anyway...or character meal fan.

Last time we had breakfast at Akershus, they had what you mentioned, plus biscuits, smoked salmon, peppered mackeral, couple of different kinds of herring, lots of different cheeses, fruit and TONS of different bagels/danishes/turnovers/cinnamon rolls...had more, but that's just off the top of my head. Maybe they've scaled way back since then. Haven't heard that they have, though. Not really a huge Akershus fan, anyway...or character meal fan.

No, they still had the bar thing. It just fits better with lunch or dinner to me. I don't want salmon and mackeral in the morning. LOL!!

Crowds during the week were fantastic! I've been several Octobers in recent years, and we much preferred the crowd that first week of December.

To give you an idea, on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, four of us walked into Trader Sam's at Poly and the place was more than 2/3 empty (it became fuller as the evening wore on, but there were still seats available when we left). The bartender said it was the slowest week of the year. We went to AK on Wednesday and basically walked onto Expedition Everest, which we often single ride if that option is available. Didn't need it this time. Dino and the river ride were down the day, so we just kept going onto EE. We hit Frozen on Thursday morning after our breakfast ADR at Garden Grill...there was a 30 minute wait for the ride about 45 minutes after park opening (that was about the best wait time for Frozen that week...some rides just have long wait times no matter what). We were staying at BC and had park hoppers, so we went to Epcot almost every night and had nice, low crowds. Left dinner after Epcot one night and noticed a 30 minute wait for Soarin', so we hopped in line. Overall, we found wait times for most popular rides were reasonable during the week...Frozen, Dwarf Mine Train, and Toy Story Mania were the exceptions (though each had lower wait times early in the morning).

Things got much busier on Friday/Saturday (the second weekend after Thanksgiving Thursday). Cheerleaders were everywhere! But overall, the crowds on the weekend were still more manageable than weekend crowds I've experienced in October.

The weather was also fantastic! Highs in the 70s or 60s with no humidity, and lows were in the high 50s a few nights.
Thank you so much for the info. I'm staying positive and hopeful!

We are normally end of January people but our 2016 trip was sooooo busy! (Well for a normally slow time busy) It seems like it's becoming very popular for South American guests.
Fingers crossed for early December!

I should clarify- historically, it's the best week to go because of a combination of things- great weather, low crowds, no special events during the day (no Food & Wine, no cheerleading competitions, no major internationally celebrated holidays, etc.) pricing and dining specials...AND you get to experience all of the awesome holiday stuff Disney has to offer. It's like the perfect storm of the best Disney has to offer on a very low crowd week! THAT is why it's rated the "best week of the year" to go.

We have always gone in early October for the DD's birthday, until last year when just the DD and I went for a girls trip due to her performing in Disney (hubby couldn't come with us) the first weekend of December. We fell in love! And for all the reasons you mentioned! We raved so much when we got home that the DH said okay, then let's book next December! So we did and in 180 days we'll be there again! We are staying at the Contemporary this time and can't wait! I love Disney at that time of year! We just did our ADR's this morning and got somewhat lucky for most of what we wanted!!

I had my TA from Dreams Unlimited try to book BOG at our 180 mark. She tried all 5 days off our trip, dinner and even breakfast and lunch and zilch. We are doing a split stay for the first time ever due to our low Canadian dollar (5 nites Pop, 5 at POR) so I wasn't able to book the last 5 days. Hopefully, something will come up. We are a party of 2 and REALLY want to eat at BOG. Also, we are hoping for Candlelight Processional also, but at Chefs de France. For now, we just have an ADR there and maybe we can convert that to the package.

Our 180 day window opended today.
Other than Arkerhus (I suspect no times released yet) I managed to get everything at the times I wanted including BOG and CRT. Happy are we

My 180 day window opened today. I was on their right at 6 am and couldn't find anything! No BOG, no sci-fi, no tusker house. I called and after talking to somebody, they helped me get all the reservations I wanted.

I did my ADR's for Thanksgiving week on 5/25 and did not have any trouble. I got Garden Grill on Thanksgiving and CRT for my daughter's birthday. We are now waiting for a Candlelight Processional Dining package. We also got Sci-fi which is at times hard to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter