how late can you be for your FP+?

Just wondering..in case of emergency:confused3..how late can I be???

Due to a monorail trapping us we were 25 minutes late to space mt. The Mickey head turned blue and the cm looked on his iPad for our end time. He then cleared us to go through. But I would not count on that always happening. We were 10 minutes late to seven dwarves earlier that week (due to a Tom Sawyer island incident) and the Mickey heads still turned green.

Just wondering..in case of emergency:confused3..how late can I be???

Usually the grace period is 15 minutes. However they don't have to honor that time. So if you are running 15 minutes late or less, you can always try getting on that ride. Just keep your fingers crossed too.:)

VERY MUCH CM discretion!!!

I have been let thru 15 min late (due to monorail) and I've been turned down at 10 min (Space Mountain.)

You cannot count on being let in past your window.

I have noticed the last few days that the rides are not letting you in early and Mickey is coming up blue even if only 5 minutes early. This was at animal kingdom and Hollywood studies.

I have noticed the last few days that the rides are not letting you in early and Mickey is coming up blue even if only 5 minutes early. This was at animal kingdom and Hollywood studies.

We were 15 minutes early for Space Mountain and asked and were waived through, no problems. The CM at Haunted Mansion would not let us through 5 minutes early.

I was 12 min late for BTMR last weekend and it turned green so we just walked through without anyone saying anything to us. I see a lot of people having to wait off to the side for their time to come up though. So I think they are more accommodating to being a few minutes late than early from what I have seen. The app let me switch times after I missed one though, but it wasn't busy that day so IDK if that is normal.

We have showed up 14 minutes late several times and the Mickey head turned green. I know that we were 20 minutes late to 7DMT in October due to the monorail and the CM let us in.

I see the monorail making people late is a theme. The monorail annoyed me so much this trip. It was so late and slow and exhausting. What is up with it?

Why is it always something like... "the monorail made me late" instead of "I didn't get to the monorail early enough to give me time to have a safe margin for my FP"? You did have some control of your situation.

Everyone had at least an hour long window. If you chose to wait until the end of that window to ride it, then I think that is a risk that you took and it isn't anyone's fault but your own if you don't make it in time.

Whether or not you are able to use the debatable 15 minute grace period is not at the discretion of the CM standing there, it is a decision made from above that the front line CM has to follow. If the park is really busy or the ride is behind due to a breakdown earlier they will not honor the grace period. Don't blame the CM.

Yes, I was thinking that park crowds and ride status might have a great deal to do with the grace period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter