How late can you sleep?

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
There wasn't anything I had to get up for yesterday (Sunday) morning. I had chaperoned DD's orchestra field trip on Saturday and we didn't get home until late, so I texted DH to let me sleep in the next morning and went upstairs to sleep in the guest room where he wouldn't wake me up. I hadn't really gotten enough sleep the previous couple nights and I was looking forward to sleeping in as late as I could on Sunday.

I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. No one bothered me and the house was quiet, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I lay there frustrated, and realized that I can't even remember the last time I slept past 7:00.

How late are you able to sleep in when you really WANT to sleep in?

Generally the latest anymore is 7:00 and I feel fortunate when that happens (I get up at 4AM during the week). Oh I remember my teen years when I could sleep up through lunchtime.

6:15am. Doesn't matter if I go to bed at 10pm, 11pm or midnight. Can't remember the last time I wasn't in bed by midnight.

I'm usually in bed by 10:30 and up at 6 during the week. So on weekends even if I stay up past midnight, I'm usually awake around 6:30 or so. This past weekend I woke up at 8 and was so happy. :) Of course, I was sick all week and 6 wake-up was really wearing me down so must have really needed the extra.

Depends what time I finally fall asleep. I’d say noon, probably.

I’ve slept in until 9:00 or 10:00 maybe a handful of times since I became a mom almost twenty years ago. Even when I want to sleep in I’m usually up by 8:00 latest but more then 99% of the time I’m up between 5:30-7:30.

My three kids ages 19,16 and 12 can all sleep past noon and well beyond. I was never like that, even as a teen sleeping in until 10:00 was very late for me.

There wasn't anything I had to get up for yesterday (Sunday) morning. I had chaperoned DD's orchestra field trip on Saturday and we didn't get home until late, so I texted DH to let me sleep in the next morning and went upstairs to sleep in the guest room where he wouldn't wake me up. I hadn't really gotten enough sleep the previous couple nights and I was looking forward to sleeping in as late as I could on Sunday.

I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. No one bothered me and the house was quiet, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I lay there frustrated, and realized that I can't even remember the last time I slept past 7:00.

How late are you able to sleep in when you really WANT to sleep in?
Honestly, I never want to sleep in. Especially on weekends when we're all home together, those few hours before anyone else gets up is my favorite time of day. My alarm rings before 6:00 on work days and even without it I'm always awake around that time.

I am NOT a morning person. If given the opportunity, I will skip it entirely. I sleep best between the hours of 6am and noon. Unfortunately, I’m not usually given the opportunity.

Usually up by 7:00, but once in a blue moon I will sleep till 9:00 if I had an "intermission" during the night.
When that happens, the day just flies by, I hate that.

I rarely make it to 7am. Usually between 2:30 am and 6 am. The 2:30 is rare but it can happen for about a week at a time. It's usually in the 4am to 5am range.

I'm retired so I guess I could sleep all day if I wanted but I usually get up around 8:00 every day. What I do love is NOT having to wake up to an alarm clock anymore. That baby would ring at 5:45 every day!!!

I remember when I was 19 and opening the daycare I worked at. I woke up at 5:45 and thought that was SO early. It was just unnatural for a 19 yr old to get up that early :)Now, I consider 5:45 sleeping late :)

I used to be able to sleep to 11-12 pretty regularly, now 8-9 is great, 7-8 is typical

Well, I get about four hours sleep on work nights, so when my “weekend” rolls around, I usually go to bed about nine, and the latest I have slept is 3:00 pm the next day (and I was not ill). Once I get the long sleep out of the way, the other two non work nights I sleep about 12 hours each (typically 9:00 pm to 9:00 am).

When on vacation I have a long sleep the first night, and settle into sleeping 9-10 hours per night. I feel so good at the end of a trip, getting sufficient sleep, but with my work hours and an hour+ commute each way, there’s just no way to get as much as I need.

I can sleep 12 hours on Saturday or Sunday. But during the week I get up at 2 am to be at work at 3 am so bedtime is 7 pm. So staying up until 8 pm is staying up late. I went to bed at 9 pm Saturday night, and woke up at 630 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter