How late can you sleep?

Before I moved here, I could sleep away an entire day. Now, my bedroom's air vent is right above the kitchen's air vent and when the coffeemaker starts brewing and filling my room with the aroma of fresh coffee I pop right up.

If its cloudy and not garbage day, I might be able to sneak a 9;30 in

I want to sleep in on my days off but between the dogs and my body clock I can’t make it past 7 am.

I generally get up between 5:30 and 7:00.

I’m also a very light sleeper. Only a very awesome Ninja could sneak up to my bed without waking me. And I wake up very quickly and pretty cheerfully. It sucks for me to deal with grumpy morning people. C’mon! Wake up! Get your day going!

If we have nothing planned an a weekend I can easily sleep past noon. I’m off in the summers and pretty much convert back to a college lifestyle - up till 2 am and sleep till 10 or 11.

Heck it’s almost 2 am now and I have to be up at 8 for work tomorrow. Night owl all the way.

In recent years I believe maybe 8:00 AM is as late as I have ever slept. Generally I cannot sleep past 7:00 AM on the weekend. During the week I am always up before 6:00 AM.

I am up early most days 530 ish... but on days when i want to sleep late, i can usually push it to 730, sometimes 8...

On a weekend, I generally get up 8am-9am if I have nothing going on. I sometimes will lay there half asleep until 9:30 or so, just to relax and slowly wake up. Only time I'll sleep later is if I have a late night the night before!

6am. Every day for the most part. Dh and the kids are morning people too. Dh and eldest dd are up at 4:55 every day for swim practice. I love being a morning person. I feel like I get so much done by nine. Comes in handy at Disney too!
I don’t actually do anything in the quiet morning hours except enjoy the peace and privacy of not having anybody else up and around. I’m most productive in the early afternoon. Mornings are all about “me time”. :cloud9:

My body pretty much needs 8 hours of sleep. During the week I go to bed by 10 because I get up at 5:45. On the weekends, I try to stay up until about 11, so that I can sleep until 7.

I could go until around 11. Anything before 8 is a hardship (and I have to wake up at 6 on work days, which is like torture).

My body always wakes up around 7am (maybe 7:20ish at the latest). It is frustrating because DH takes the dog and goes to bed around 9pm. I go around 11pm. Then the dog wakes around 4-5am and I am the one who has to get him. I take him to the living room and go back to sleep on sofa and the dog lays there and goes back to sleep too (so why the scratching at the side of our bed at 4-5am???). But DH then gets up around 5-6am and his going in kitchen to run the Keurig and all that disturbs my sleep. Why he can't do the dog in the AM since he's the one who takes him to bed so early (and I suspect his snoring is what makes the dog scratch at 4-5am)? In his mind it's because he works and I don't...I guess. But I am not getting decent sleep and am rather grumpy and my back hurts from trying to sleep on the sofa. DH's answer is to go to bed when he does. No thanks to 9pm bedtime...I am not 80. I take to the guest room every once in a while too (when I need to replenish but still will wake at 7am...though will get undisturbed sleep...even if I take the dog as he sleeps in when it's just me which is why I suspect it's DH's snoring that wakes him at 4-5am). I have begged DH to meet in middle and we all go to bed at 10ish but he won't. He gets plenty of sleep, even waking at 5am.

I am usually in bed between 11PM and 12AM and up 5:45AM Monday through Friday and 5AM on Saturday (October through April for a volunteer thing I do). Given the opportunity, I can usually sleep in to about 8:30 or 9AM. After that, I gotta pee :)

Up until last fall or so, 7am was the latest. We would be out drinking all night and I still would pop up at 630 or so.

Now? I can easily go till 830 on weekends. Makes me feel INCREDIBLY lazy, but my body must need it. I have sleep issues, so when I can actually get a good stretch in, I try and take it..

We just flew back from Europe yesterday so my body doesn't know what time zone it's in. I woke up at 8 a.m. EDT but that's 2 p.m. across the pond. We're spoiling the grand kids on the east coast til Friday -- have no idea how long it will take to re-acclimate to 3 more time zones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter