How long are waitlists to buy?

BCV has the lowest amount of resale (and therefore ROFR) activity of all the resorts. DVD has only had 49 deeds come back to them this year at BCV. Boardwalk had 127.

On a positive note, they have sold 109 BCV contracts this year, so it's possible to get the points, but probably going to take a while. I wouldn't expect anything until sometime next year as the new use years come around. Anything can happen though.

One resale company has 19 contracts listed for sale/ pending. Prices range from $125-175 per point. With most listed in the $140-145 range. With the high resale price there is not enough profit for DVD to buy them and resell them. They could buy all of them and resell them and make a some profit, but it is probably not worth their time. When they are busy selling CCV for $182.

I added my name to the waitlist for 75 points March UY at BLT on 9/26. Checked in today and was told I am 45th on the list.

Our 75 pt SSR March UY waitlist call came this morning. Started wait listing on 9/9/2018. Down payment made. Waiting on paperwork via FedEx. Points are already showing on our dashboard.

We’ve just been told that we’re between 75th and 80th in the list, so it looks like quite a long wait!

I am looking at adding 50 points to OKW. Anyone know the price of direct OKW points at this time and is there a waiting list?

I am looking at adding 50 points to OKW. Anyone know the price of direct OKW points at this time and is there a waiting list?

In late May to late June I was on the waiting list for about a month for OKW. When they finally called they had 125 points available in the Ocotber UY. $151 a point right now but they are sold as an extended contract with date of 2057 expiration.

We added our names to the VGF Dec UY waitlist in July to match up with our PVB contract. In late July we added our name to the any UY waitlist. Got called in early August for an AUG UY. We passed on the different UY and were called around October 1st for our DEC UY at VGF. We purchased them same day, sent back paperwork last week. Got all 2017 and most of my 2018 points already reserved for May reservations.

In my opinion, I really think the waitlists are guide dependent. Some check availability once a week and some check multiple times a day.

We just added on another 50 BCV today! We were on the waitlist for just under 2 months and our points in our Use Year finally came through.
So don’t believe your guide if they tell you there is no wait list or that it will take a year to get BCV points. We were told that twice, persisted, got on the list and in a matter of days had points the first time and just under 2 months this time, got our points.

We just added on another 50 BCV today! We were on the waitlist for just under 2 months and our points in our Use Year finally came through.
So don’t believe your guide if they tell you there is no wait list or that it will take a year to get BCV points. We were told that twice, persisted, got on the list and in a matter of days had points the first time and just under 2 months this time, got our points.

Just curious what use year month you added on for? I'm currently on the WL to add onto BCV for Feb. I've only been waiting around two weeks though. Thanms!

Just curious what use year month you added on for? I'm currently on the WL to add onto BCV for Feb. I've only been waiting around two weeks though. Thanms!

February has the most # of points at BCV making them the most commonly available, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just thought I should update this in case anyone has the same question. We had a very similar experience to 3cuteboys in that we were offered the points 7 weeks after being put on the waitlist.

We’ve already got some resale points in for ROFR, so (if we’re lucky) we may end up with a lot more than we intended!

I contacted them the beginning of this week to add onto my 160 Saratoga resale points. My UY is September. I was told if I wanted Saratoga I would have to waitlist. My other request was Old Key West. I was put on hold, and when the guide came back she was able to get me the 80 points I was looking for at OKW. I paid $151pp. I purchased and received my paperwork to sign yesterday. Good luck in your hunt for direct points!!

I added my name to the waitlist for 75 points March UY at BLT on 9/26. Checked in today and was told I am 45th on the list.

Hang in there! I was on BLT waitlist (75 pts for Oct use year) since June this year; a month ago I asked to be put down for BLT any use year. After almost 6 months of waiting I finally got my pts!! Yipee!

Good luck, Kari. Where are you hoping to buy? It's been 2 months since I started this thread and FedEx are picking up my contract tomorrow! It's very exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter