How loud is Raglan Road? (Spelling fixed!)

AimeeAurora

Earning My Ears
I know there is live entertainment, but is it bar-level loud? We have an ADR this month and I just now thought about it. My 5 year old can be picky about loud noise. I wasn't sure if some areas of the restaurant might be quieter than others. Thanks!

There are two rooms off of the main room that are quieter. During the dancing, especially, it can be quite loud in the main room.

I must preface this by saying I absolutely love the food at Raglan Road. That being said, I now would only work it into the rotation if it's early enough in the day. I know the entertainment is the reason a lot of people go there, but I just could not handle the mind- numbingly loud ambiance after a full day in the parks. We were there for a 7pm ADR for my dad's birthday. We were quite happy to get seated in one of the little side rooms, hoping that would be quieter. Shortly after we ordered, a group of dancers came over and set a plywood platform down right at the end of our table. I don't know if it was just a long day... but the stomping on wood literally made my head want to explode. It was the kind of loud that makes it hurt deep in your ears. We endured that through most of the meal. We never interacted with each other during the meal, because we really couldn't have a conversation. We were all on the dining plan, so dessert was included. We actually asked if we could have the dessert brought to us packaged to go. Everyone in our party just wanted to get out of there.

I will say.... in any discussions on the Disboards I have seen about Raglan Road, I have never heard anyone else have this complaint. However, this was my first trip north of 40, and Space Mountain (which I have always loved) dang near killed me. Maybe it was just a bad week for me.... or I just got really old, really fast!

I find it very loud. I don't go there expecting to have a conversation with whoever I'm with. I go to enjoy the atmosphere and food (Kevin's Heavenly Ham!!!) :)

Same. Like the foood but I want to enjoy my dinner not be bombarded with noise

We love Raglan Road for the food and entertainment, but is near impossible to have a conversation.

We enjoy it. If you are directly in front of the stage. it can be quite loud. If you are off to the side, or a side room, not so bad.

Our first time there we were seated in some funky table that felt right next to the band. LOUD.

Since then it’s loud bc it’s music and mainly hard-shoe Irish dancing, but not as loud as that first time.

We do tend to go for weekend brunch now, though, which might mean they turn it down a bit.

It's way too loud for me. I like sitting outside. They do bring dancers out there too. I take a couple "long walks" to the bathroom, once when I first arrive and once again before I leave to get a taste of the inside ambience, but there's no way I could stand it for the full meal. It's a fun place and the food is good, though.

During peak dinner hours (6pm - ), it is quite loud. As in, so loud that you have to really raise your voice to talk to people in your dining party. The side rooms are quieter but you won't get a view of the stage. We found the outdoor terrace to be much quieter, even when a band is playing.

I loved the food but it is crowded and lots of ambient noise as well. Not in a hurry to go back
but was still a nice place to try once.

I've never eaten there, but I've stood outside and listened to the musicians that play on their outdoor patio. The music and singing are great, but I'm sitting on the far wall away from the restaurant and it was plenty loud for me there. I could only imagine how loud it would be inside near the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter