How many days are enough for the Czech Republic?

kenzo

Earning My Ears
I've been thinking about a trip to the Czech Republic, and as my wife and kids loves most things Disney, I've naturally been considering Adventures by Disney for this adventure. However, I'm also open to exploring other tour companies. So, I wanted to get your input on a few things.

First off, I'm curious about the ideal duration of a trip to the Czech Republic. Regarding Prague, I'm wondering how many days are enough to truly experience it. I don't want to rush through and miss out on the incredible sights and experiences. What's your recommendation for the ideal length of stay?

Now, onto Adventures by Disney. Their itineraries are always tempting with that touch of Disney magic. Has anyone here had the chance to experience Adventures by Disney in the Czech Republic or any other European destination? How did you find the experience, and was it worth the investment? I'm particularly interested in how they handle family-friendly travel and if it truly adds a special Disney touch to the trip.

On the other hand, have any of you explored the Czech Republic with different tour companies or even on your own? I'd love to hear about your experiences, recommendations, and any tips you might have for a memorable journey. Are there any tour companies that you'd highly recommend or perhaps some to avoid?

Feel free to share your insights, whether you've already been to the Czech Republic or, like me, are still in the planning stages. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and get some guidance on making this adventure a reality. Thanks in advance for your input! 🏰🌍✈️

Hi, Kenzo! I also love Disney, but I don't have personal experience with Adventures by Disney. My sister-in-law, on the other hand, took her kids on one and they loved it! They did the Adventures by Disney Europe tour that included Poland, the Czech Republic and Austria over 8 days. They spent three days each in Poland and Austria, which sounds amazing. But get this - they only had 2 days in the Czech Republic. The Adventures by Disney tour provided guides in each place, but also free time to explore on their own. That's when some of them booked private tours for the second day in Prague, so they could see even more sites. Brilliant 😄 idea!

If you have eight days available and want to visit Poland, Austria, and the Czech Republic, I highly recommend the Adventures by Disney tour (it's a bit expensive but definitely worth it), but keep in mind that you will only have two days in the Czech Republic. If you only want to visit the Czech Republic, I suggest booking a custom local private tour guide, which will give you the flexibility to customize the itinerary and visit the sites that you want to see, even if you only have a few days. This will allow you to have a more relaxed tour.

I'm going to ask my sister-in-law for more information about the private tour that they used in Prague this weekend, and I'll share it with you as soon as I have it.

Hi, Kenzo! I also love Disney, but I don't have personal experience with Adventures by Disney. My sister-in-law, on the other hand, took her kids on one and they loved it! They did the Adventures by Disney Europe tour that included Poland, the Czech Republic and Austria over 8 days. They spent three days each in Poland and Austria, which sounds amazing. But get this - they only had 2 days in the Czech Republic. The Adventures by Disney tour provided guides in each place, but also free time to explore on their own. That's when some of them booked private tours for the second day in Prague, so they could see even more sites. Brilliant 😄 idea!

If you have eight days available and want to visit Poland, Austria, and the Czech Republic, I highly recommend the Adventures by Disney tour (it's a bit expensive but definitely worth it), but keep in mind that you will only have two days in the Czech Republic. If you only want to visit the Czech Republic, I suggest booking a custom local private tour guide, which will give you the flexibility to customize the itinerary and visit the sites that you want to see, even if you only have a few days. This will allow you to have a more relaxed tour.

I'm going to ask my sister-in-law for more information about the private tour that they used in Prague this weekend, and I'll share it with you as soon as I have it.
Thanks for sharing your sister-in-law's experience with Adventures by Disney in Europe. It sounds like they had a blast, even though their time in the Czech Republic was brief. I'm definitely considering the Adventures by Disney tour for our family trip.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the private tour your sister-in-law used in Prague. Customizing the trip to our preferences sounds like a great idea.

If anyone else has tips on the Czech Republic or Adventures by Disney, feel free to chime in. Your advice is much appreciated!

Cheers,Kenzo 🏰🌍✈️

I can only touch on Prague, my family stayed in the city for 2 days on our own during a trip to Germany. 2 days did feel too short, so I would recommend at least 3-4 days. Prague Castle can take up most of a day on its own, and you'll definitely want some time to explore old town. The city was pretty easy to get around on our own by using trams or just walking. Most people we met, especially those working in any customer-facing roles, spoke English so there wasn't much of a language barrier. The only thing we had trouble with was a machine to buy tram tickets as it only had Czech as a language, but you can buy tickets at many of the local shops so it wasn't a big deal. I will say Prague is the most beautiful city I've traveled to and I've wanted to go back from the moment we left. No matter how long you're there, you'll have a great time!

I can only touch on Prague, my family stayed in the city for 2 days on our own during a trip to Germany. 2 days did feel too short, so I would recommend at least 3-4 days. Prague Castle can take up most of a day on its own, and you'll definitely want some time to explore old town. The city was pretty easy to get around on our own by using trams or just walking. Most people we met, especially those working in any customer-facing roles, spoke English so there wasn't much of a language barrier. The only thing we had trouble with was a machine to buy tram tickets as it only had Czech as a language, but you can buy tickets at many of the local shops so it wasn't a big deal. I will say Prague is the most beautiful city I've traveled to and I've wanted to go back from the moment we left. No matter how long you're there, you'll have a great time!
Thanks for sharing your experience in Prague! Your insights about the city are really helpful. It's good to know that at least 3-4 days are recommended to fully enjoy Prague's attractions, and I'll make sure to include ample time for Prague Castle and exploring the old town. The fact that English is widely spoken and that navigating the city is relatively easy is reassuring.

I appreciate your recommendation, and your enthusiasm for Prague has me even more excited about the trip. It sounds like an enchanting place that's worth exploring at a leisurely pace.

If you have any more tips or suggestions, feel free to share. Your insights are valuable!

One of the issues with Prague is that it is medieval city. Not build for the masses of today. I was there for 3 days a week or two before Easter (pre-covid), and it was soooo busy at the major tourist attractions. Also getting around was hard, lots of congestion.

Last edited:

I'm sure you and the kids will have an amazing time on the Adventures by Disney Europe tour! From what my sister-in-law told me, she selected a local tour guide based on reviews, and messaged the guide through https://gowithguide.com/czech-republic/prague to create a customized tour after she booked the Adventures by Disney tour. The local tour guide worked with them to tailor the tour exactly to their family's interests. The kids especially loved seeing parts of the city most tours don't cover. Arranging a private tour is a great compliment to the Adventures by Disney Europe tour.

Good luck planning - I hope it all comes together smoothly! 😊

One of the issues with Prague is that it is medieval city. Not build for the masses of today. I was there for 3 days a week or two before Easter (pre-covid), and it was soooo busy at the major tourist attractions. Also getting around was hard, lots of congestion.
Thanks for sharing your experience in Prague. It's good to get a sense of what to expect, especially in a medieval city that wasn't designed for today's crowds. It sounds like it can get quite busy, especially at major tourist spots, and congestion can be a challenge.

Considering your feedback, I'll definitely plan accordingly and perhaps aim for a time when it's less crowded. Your insights are valuable, and they help paint a more realistic picture of what to expect in Prague.

@hmsTigger Thank you for sharing! I will definitely try and check this out.

@georgemiller
Thanks for the tip! That sounds like a fantastic way to complement the Adventures by Disney tour. I really appreciate the suggestion of using a local tour guide from GoWithGuide. Customizing the tour to match our family's interests and getting to explore hidden gems that typical tours might miss sounds like a wonderful idea.

Your insight is much appreciated, and it definitely adds another layer of flexibility and personalization to the trip planning. It's all coming together smoothly, thanks in part to helpful advice like yours!

That was my experience with Prague as well. I went for a week end of September 2022 and the crowds really bothered me. 2 days would have been enough for me. Definitely a pretty city, but small. Most people speak English and it was easy to get around. I also went to Karlovy Vary and Karlstein. In Prague I really liked the tower at Petrin for a great view. I paid everything by card, never needed cash.

Yes, Prague can be very busy during the travel season. Winter would be less busy (with the exception of Christmas). If planning a trip there it might be worth it to check calendars for other European countries (especially the big ones: Germany, Poland, France, Italy, Spain, UK) to see if it isn't a holiday weekend for one of those. Prague is a popular city break destination for Europeans. So, if several countries have a holiday weekend (or a holiday on a Thursday before the weekend for example), this will increase crowds, too.

There is plenty to see in the Czech Republic. There are some really beautiful landscapes and many amazing smaller towns. It's also a very welcoming country and easy to travel in. I think if you want to visit the country in more depth, planning a road trip to see Cesky Krumlov, visit towns in Moravia, see the Bohemian Switzerland (it extends across the border to the Saxonian Switzerland). You could even hop across the border to Dresden or Nuremberg (in Germany, even Munich would not be far for an American), Wroclaw (Poland) or Vienna (Austria).

https://www.visitczechia.com/en-US/ should be a good starting point to find out what you would like to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter