How many days would YOU do in each park

Eight park days. I would PLAN for 2 days in each park, with the last day being planned for HS. Then after I had visited all 4 parks once, I MIGHT decide to change that last day to either Epcot or MK.

Make sure to plan a rest day and time for Disney springs. We also take at least one day to go over to Universal.

Otherwise depends on your favorite park or parks.

I would do 3 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 1 HS and 1 AK with a day off to rest and visit Disney Springs somewhere in the middle.:)

The last time we did 8 park days we did 4 days at MK, 2 at Epcot and 1 at HS and AK. If we had hoppers we might have split that 4th day at MK with another 1/2 day at Epcot, but it still worked out the way we did it.

At least 2 days at each MK and Epcot. 1 1/2 days at AK and HS would be ideal, but could be done in a full day. It does depend on your traveling party too. If you have younger children they can not handle the full day or fast pace as older children or adults. We are kind of trying to figure out our plan for our first trip with our daughter next year. She will be 4 almost 5. We take walks around our neighborhood (~1 mile) and she is complaining - her feet are sore, she is tired, she wants to be picked up. So with all that we know we will be going at a much slower pace than when we went with out 9 yo twins.

Everyone is using 100% of the days for park days. We never do that. We always have a couple of days for the pool. We're going for 8 days this year and I only bought 5 day park passes.

2 MK, 1 EP, 1 AK and 1 DHS. The last couple of years we skipped DHS because our kids are young, but we're going this year so we can see Fantasmic and some other things.

I don't know if the OP visits regularly, but that would certainly weigh into the # of park days. If not frequent Disney visitors and you want to see as much as possible without running around, I would say you really need 2 days at each park except for DHS right now, where 1 would be sufficient. On the other hand, 8 days of park touring without breaks can wear people out.

We usually only do one day for each park except MK which we do twice, but if I could have it my way it would be:

MK- 3 days
HS - 2 days
Epcot - 2 days
Ak - 1 day

I feel like that is how much time I would need to enjoy everything I want to enjoy without feeling too rushed.

If I had 8 days:

2-MK maybe even a 3rd night with a park hopper
1- Epcot (just not my, or my family's, thing for more than a day
2- AK (1 would definitely be a half day and then go back to MK at night)
1- HS

2 resort/pool days with nights at Disney Springs

We will be at Disney for 10 nights in August. We won't be doing a park on arrival or departure day which leaves us 9 full days. Right now we are planning 2 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 2 days AK and 1 day HS. That will leave us one day of no parks which we will use for a pool day and going to Disney Springs, and one day for Typhoon Lagoon.

If we end up getting free dining we will have park hoppers and I imagine we will pop into MK or Epcot a few extra times. Food and Wine will be starting on the last four days of our trip, and I don't think we will use a second full day at AK.

2 days for MK,
3 days for Epcot( because of the flower & garden festival & because this is where we like the restaurants,
1 day at HS,
1 day at AK,
& 1 free unplanned day to go to whatever park you want to repeat .
You don't have to stay a full day at the park... you can always hang out at the resort awhile or go to DS part of the park day.

We do 9 night trips, so similar in length to you. We park hop, so many days are 1/2 days at 2 different parks, but when all tallied up and assuming one night less to equal your 8 night trip, my breakdown would be something like this:

MK - 3
EP - 2.5
DHS - 1.5
AK - 1.5

MK - 2
Epcot 2 or 3
DHS 1
AK 1

On our last trip, we did three days in MK, but only because of MVMCP - we had to leave by 7pm. If we would stay past 7pm (or 4:30pm when it got very crowded with party goers), we could get everything done in two days. We also did two days in Epcot, but next time we may do three, because we like Epcot, and 1 in DHS. We got everything done that we wanted to get done, and then some. DHS may become a two day park when the additional "lands" open up.

On our last trip we did MK 2.5 (one was night only), EP 2, DHS 1, AK 1. But on our next trip, it'll probably be the same, just adding a night to AK to be 1.5. One of our 'days' at Epcot we didn't stay until night, and DHS we could didn't rope drop but got there mid-morning. Once the other lands open there, it could become 2 days.

Everyone is using 100% of the days for park days. We never do that. We always have a couple of days for the pool. We're going for 8 days this year and I only bought 5 day park passes.

2 MK, 1 EP, 1 AK and 1 DHS. The last couple of years we skipped DHS because our kids are young, but we're going this year so we can see Fantasmic and some other things.

I don't know if the OP visits regularly, but that would certainly weigh into the # of park days. If not frequent Disney visitors and you want to see as much as possible without running around, I would say you really need 2 days at each park except for DHS right now, where 1 would be sufficient. On the other hand, 8 days of park touring without breaks can wear people out.
Personally, I just have the hardest time saying 'no park' once I reach the point where an extra day in the park only costs $10, lol! Even if it's just a couple hours in the park and the rest of the day is for swimming. :)

Tough question because it's a very personal question...................for my wife and I its:

2 - MK
2 - EP
2 - AK (with Pandora)
1 - HS

Doug :goofy:

9 night/8 days in late April/Early May. What is your perfect amt of time in each park. I am really excited about the Flower and Garden show at Epcot so want plenty of time there. It will be my husband and I, our 4yo daughter and my mother. I keep going back and forth on our plans even though we've been tons of times. With the renovations going on at HS, how long do you think we need there?
We have 8.5 days in June with a 5 and 6 year old. We are doing:

3 MK
2 EP
1.5 AK
2 off/resort/pool/Disney springs

We like to tour 2 days on, one day off. Since you go before Pandora opens, I would do if I were you:

3 MK
2EP
1 AK
2 off (or maybe 1 DHS and one off if you don't want 2 down days)

Your guess is as good as mine!! LOL!! I feel like the trying to figure out the number of days is virtually impossible because it's never enough. It never fails - I will decide we only need 1 one day in DHS but then for some reason we end up not being able to do everything we wanted to do.

But I would plan for 2-3 days in MK and 2-3 days at Epcot. DHS and AK are a tough call for me. Honestly I think you probably need 2 days at both if you want to see everything, but I wouldn't sacrifice precious time at either MK or Epcot to make that happen. My advice would be to do all of the parks once and then decide where you want to go back to the most. If you plan it out so you get your FPs for the most popular rides you want to do on your first day at each park, you will most likely be able to get FPs for the less popular attractions for the next time you are there. When I spend 2 or more days in a park I never feel like I have to rush around as much and I don't worry as much about FPs.

Now, if you are going to try to schedule in any of Water Parks, that's when I start pulling out my graphs and charts to determine the best strategy. :teacher:

2 Mk
2 Epcot
1.2 HS ( spending the other half day at MK)
1.2 AK ( spending the other half day at MK)

OR

MK
Epcot
AK
HS
Rest
Epcot
Ak/HS
MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter