How many has gotten their room request with online check in ?

Well the descision is being taken out of some peoples hands. I have been trying to check in for 3 days now and it keeps telling me the system is down.:confused3

I did online check in. Asked for ground floor and got it. Check in was slightly faster than regular line.

I did online check in. Didn't get my requested building (asked for building 14 or something near food court at POR and got 35-furthest from there, but the hotel was full)
Still gonna try online check-in for when I go in October with my friends, maybe I'll luck out!

I did online check in and got my requests. I don't really understand why so many people are against it.

I've also used it multiple times with all requests fulfilled. I think the reason some people are against it is because it removes the possibility of a front desk CM bestowing last minute pixie dust and granting a fabulous upgrade based on how nice, polite, cute, friendly, excited, etc. we are while checking in. But my weakness isn't fear that I'll miss out on something. It's impatience to get to the parks so with online check-in, I usually come out ahead.

I've never gotten a single request (I know, I know they are only requests) on any of our last four annual trips (usually request the top floor and/or a group of buildings, nothing super specific - heck, I don't even get the bed rails!). I've always had my requests on my reservation notes and always done face-to-face check-in.

This year I figure it can't hurt to do it online. If I don't get any of my requests I'll only be 0-5. ;)

But you know what...I'll still be at Disney World! :banana::banana::banana:

The Disney error message says" system unavailable". Been trying for 2 days. Oh well maybe next week it'll let me do it. We have done it for the last 2 years but for some reason the system isn't available.:surfweb:

I am on the fence about doing on line check in for our next trip, too, but I feel like managing 3 room only & 3 packages would be a nightmare since we'd like to stay in our room only room for the package, too, if possible.
I related that information to the CRO people, but we also would like to have first floor (my father is handicapped) and two rooms adjoining - other room can just be nearby.

We would rather wait until check in and make sure everything is exactly the way we want it.

I probably wouldn't do online with this. I'd be concerned something wouldn't get read in the reservation. There is a lot going on.

We are the "vanilla" someone else mentioned. We make requests, but we get a 1 BR for just a few nights. No DP or anything. This last time, DH decided to hook in the CC. He hardly used it. Just kept using the CC anyway. Totally uncomplicated.

I'm no expert, but we did when we went last June. At the time of the reservation I asked for a room close to transportation, either Oak Manor or Magnolia Bend (POR). Then when I did online check in I clicked on the room preference of "Close to transportation". I got what I wanted. It was perfect.

Next year, that is now going to be a "preferred" room category, which will be more.

I did online check in and got my requests. I don't really understand why so many people are against it.

There are times when it is inconvenient to use online check-in.

For me, I travel often with friends and we have multiple credit cards on the account. There is no reason for them to make up all the cards with my credit card number and have to go back and recode all the cards with each credit card number, which is a feat in itself. I don't want to inconvience the online check-in person, who expects everything to go smoothly and then find out they have to add three more credit cards on the account. It isn't fair to the CM and it isn't fair to the people standing behind us expecting a very short wait.

In addition, I arrive the Saturday of Thanksgiving, around 10:30 am. I have always said that I would rather get what I requested/booked later in the day, then have them accommodate me early in the day with a room. Pretty much 2/3 of the people are checking out that day from the holiday and I would rather wait a while to get into the room I requested, then the first available room that early on a very busy check-out weekend.

Im still debating on if I should do online check in or not. I have put a request on my reservations when I booked and Im going to fax my request also. I know there a few choices to request with online check in but not like what building and near the pool, like we want. Do you think online check in will hinder our chances of getting our room request for a certain building and near the main pool ?

Yes, I used online check-in and received my room request. It is my understanding the online check-in has nothing to do with room requests. My room request was made with my initial reservation.

I did online check in twice and got my requested room once. So, I'm 50%.

We called in our room request for CSR 2 months before arriving. A week before arriving we faxed over a request for ground floor near pool. We did online check-in with the note that we would be arriving around 11 am. When we did arrive, our room was ready and our requests granted. Now maybe because we pressed that this was our first on property vacation that we wanted to be near a pool (not necessarily the Dig Site) but we were steps away from the main pool, which was heavenly!

hiya guys do you think online check in is better if your not going to get the resort till late. We probably wont arrive till about 10.30/11pm as we are coming from the new york marathon which my partner wiill be running1:cheer2: i'm worried if we don't do online check in we won't get any of our requests. We are booked into AKL but only a standard view mostly i just want a room thats not too far away as we are going to have our 4 yr old whos not the best walker!!

I did the online check-in yesterday, but I did not see a spot to request a particular section of the Resort. :confused3

I faxed in a request this afternoon.

There are times when it is inconvenient to use online check-in.

For me, I travel often with friends and we have multiple credit cards on the account. There is no reason for them to make up all the cards with my credit card number and have to go back and recode all the cards with each credit card number, which is a feat in itself. I don't want to inconvience the online check-in person, who expects everything to go smoothly and then find out they have to add three more credit cards on the account. It isn't fair to the CM and it isn't fair to the people standing behind us expecting a very short wait.

I just wanted to let you know you don't have to give them a credit card if you don;t want to. You can bypass this. The only time they request a cc is if you don't want to stand on line to checkout.

Are people still having problems checking in online? I was wondering because we can check in this Sunday! :love::woohoo::cheer2:

I just wanted to let you know you don't have to give them a credit card if you don;t want to. You can bypass this. The only time they request a cc is if you don't want to stand on line to checkout.

Yes, I know that. I was giving the example if you had multiple credit cards, it was best to wait until you got to the regular check-in, rather than holding up the online check-in line.

I did the online check-in yesterday, but I did not see a spot to request a particular section of the Resort. :confused3

I faxed in a request this afternoon.

Because online check-in has nothing to do with requests; and your request will be overlooked because faxes are no longer viewed; they are tossed.

Your requests are tied to your reservation. The computer now sorts the requests for the room assigner, so faxes have become inconvenient and are thrown away.

hiya guys do you think online check in is better if your not going to get the resort till late. We probably wont arrive till about 10.30/11pm as we are coming from the new york marathon which my partner wiill be running1:cheer2: i'm worried if we don't do online check in we won't get any of our requests. We are booked into AKL but only a standard view mostly i just want a room thats not too far away as we are going to have our 4 yr old whos not the best walker!!

Again, as many have stated continually in this thread, online check-in has nothing to do with requests.

It is convenient when you are checking in at very busy times, but since you are not, I would just wait and do the regular check-in.

Because online check-in has nothing to do with requests; and your request will be overlooked because faxes are no longer viewed; they are tossed.

Your requests are tied to your reservation. The computer now sorts the requests for the room assigner, so faxes have become inconvenient and are thrown away.

Well that makes sense then, thank you.

I must have been mis-understanding some posts. It seemed like people were saying they did room requests or such when checking in online.

I know my TA make our request when booking our reservations so I'm not too worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter