How many out there are on the January 25 2003 Eastern?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
I asked this quite awhile ago but only came up with 3 or 4 people. I'm wondering if our little group has grown any and if so, at what planning/packing stage are you?

I've stocked up on all new summer clothes for the family thanks to year end clearances! I love it every time I look at the new clothing....I'm reminded that "We're going on a Disney Cruise!"

Take care,

Deb

Originally posted by debbiebones
I'm wondering if our little group has grown any and if so, at what planning/packing stage are you?

Hi Deb,

You can count me in. Sounds so far like we won't be too crowded. Maybe we'll all get upgraded! :teeth: As far as packing, none; planning, way too much!

Didn't you say you have a 4 year old dd? Any more kids? I have dd4 and ds8.

Hi again Deb,

Since we both have 4 y.o. dd's, would you be interested in maybe having them snail mail a picture and a note to each other? I thought maybe if they recognized each other they might feel like they had a friend in the club. Email me if you are interested.

Hi Deb,

We are on the 1/25/03 eastern. My DH, DSis,(Janone) DBil and myself. Just 4 adults, no kids. We had such a great time on the 3 day last December, we couldn't wait to go again.

I have 99% of our clothes already bought. I took advantage of all the summer sales plus I am a compulsive shopper:smooth: , just ask my husband.

I am already trying to decide just what to pack as last time I took way too much. It has become our family joke now:Pinkbounc

I don't think the cruise if really too full as yet. I don't know if it has something to do with it being over Superbowl Sunday or not. We have already planned to be in the ESPN club early if the Patriots are playing!!

Looking forward to meeting our fellow disers on the cruise.

We are going 01/25/03 too! It will be our 1st Disney cruise. My DH, DD11 years and DS8 years. We are going with friends that have daughters 11 and 13. We are so excited! Our kids don't know about it. It will be a Christmas present for them. I have been watching the boards hopping to find someone else going at the same time.:D :bounce:

We are going 01/25/03 too! It will be our 1st Disney cruise. My DH, DD11 years and DS8 years. We are going with friends that have daughters 11 and 13. We are so excited! Our kids don't know about it. It will be a Christmas present for them. I have been watching the boards hopping to find someone else going at the same time.:D :bounce: See ya in 4 months!

Hi aaronamy,

debbiebones and I both have 4 y.o. dd's, so I had told my daughter about another little girl her age going. My ds8 was worried that there wouldn't be any boys his age there. Now I can guarantee him there will be at least one. :)

Hi MelissaE1,
My son will also be thrilled to know about another boy, as you can see we will be traveling with 3 girls. He always seems to be the lone boy with a bunch of girls. Maybe after Christmas they could E-mail each other so they would have a friend on the ship, not that I worry about him making friends, every vaction he seems to make a new best friend. I cannt belive how few on the boards are going on -1/25/03. I hope we get some great upgrades!:bounce:

aaronamy,

My dd has the same problem.... she is always surrounded by boys. I guess that happens sometimes when you have an older sibling of the opposite sex. She is also very social and luckily doesn't have trouble making friends either.

My son was very excited when I suggested the email idea. He's happy to know there is another boy his age. :)

Drop me an email if you feel like it and we can discuss it a little more.

We are also going on the January 25 Eastern Cruise. We have 3 DD's, ages 5, 9 and 13. We are so excited. We have too many short trips in between now and then to pack though. I guess that I will have to wait until after Christmas!! This is our first Disney Cruise and we couldn't be more thrilled!!

CoachMinnie:Pinkbounc

Hi all,

DH, DS5 and myself are also on the Jan 25th Magic. We can't wait! We talk about the cruise all the time!

Hey, check out the countdown timers... we are all sailing at different times! lol.

Hi All,

My countdown timer may be off a little because we are flying down the day before and staying overnite before the cruise. I am so excited that I counted that day as part of my vacation.:Pinkbounc

We are also flying down the day before (staying at the MCO Hilton Garden Inn with points). I think my timer is set to 1:00, the approximate time we are scheduled to get on the boat.

Wow! we are really close to double digit on these clocks. After that, our next big milestone is cruise docs.

What is everyone planning for excursions:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi PiperG,

We haven't planned our excursions as yet. We would like to see St. John and are planning on a beach day there but we are not sure if we will do a DCL excursion or just wing it on our own.

St. Maarten will probably just be a little shopping and sightseeing on our own. We did Nassau on our own, and it was fine.

I think I'd rather spend the money on massages and spa treatments although Janone and I are thinking over the excursions.

Have you planned any yet?
:D

I can't wait to snorkle in St. John, I love Trunk bay, but I think we'll do it on our own and save some money. Last time we were in St. Marteen we rented a jeep and had a blast. We did the beach, shopped and saw the sights. It was really easy to get around the island. We did a complete circle and saw most all of the island. I had a friend who did the 12 metre Regatta this summer and said it was awsome, but my kids are not old enough to go so I'll have to save that one for a future trip.:teeth:

I am clueless what excursions we should do. It looks like DD4 is too young for almost everything. I noticed most of the boat tours require at least age 5. I would really like to see Trunk Bay, so I guess I'll have to check into how to get her there.

Aaronamy, the jeep idea sounds like a blast. Do you remember how much it was?

Oh, BTW,

I wondered how everyone did their timers. I couldn't figure out when to choose. We are driving down from the Panhandle the day before, so I could have used that, or I thought about using the time I thought we'd be getting on the ship, or a few other ideas. I finally just used 5:00, the time the ship is supposed to sail. By the time we're that close it's not going to matter anyway! :)

We are planning to do the Atlantis Submarine in St. Thomas. It has received good reviews on this board and I think DS 5 will enjoy it. We will probably head back to the ship after that, as DS is enchanted by the Mickey Pool.

When we dock at St. Maarten, we are planning to shop for tropical cloths as we bought nothing this summer that would work for that night on the ship. I have several recommendations about shops from Disers. Hopefully I can find something on the spur of the moment!

We are saving our beach day for Castaway Cay :jester:

We have a quiet group... the week after us is putting us to shame. (grin)

Who else is planning a cruise-related Christmas or holiday this year? I am trying to think of some creative ideas for DH and the kids.

Closer and closer to double digits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter