• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many out there are on the January 25 2003 Eastern?

Hi all! Glad so many of you had such a great cruise! Really wish I could join in on the positives. DD was sick on the trip home and several days after but managed to get her to school so as not to miss any more days. DH is STILL sick- his resistance is so low after the Norwalk like stuff lhe's picking up everything out there-UGH. I emailed Disney about how we were treated and after 4 emails (1 each day till they finally responded) Said that I would heard from someone in their executive team in 2-3 WEEKS! Guess they have a few complaints huh?
Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll offer some sort of compensation. Perhaps I can convince DH to try again. Hardest for him was missing the islands & Castaway Cay- DD cried for him so much it made him feel so bad. She couldn't understand why he couldn't come out of the room even on the last day since he was feeling better. Especially since they had a daddy/daughter day planned for Castaway Cay-it was so sad.
Will keep in touch and let you know what I hear from Disney.

Originally posted by sjm
Melissa, which RCCL ship are you thinking about?

Hi Sue,

We are going on Sovereign of the Seas... I am hoping I don't hate it after the Magic! The cabins are 122 square feet! Plus she's an older ship (1988). The reviews are mixed. I just keep telling myself it's just for my friend and I to spend some kid free "girl" time together, catch up as we now live 2,000 miles apart, and I should remember that attitude can make a big difference. After all, where else can you pay less than $95 a day for (small) accommodations, meals and entertainment?

Hope your asthma is under control!

Nancy: Surprisingly (to me) DH and I both enjoyed St. Thomas and have also talked about spending some time there at some point. :)

Deb, don't think you northerners have the lock on winter doldrums! After the Caribbean, even here seems frigid! (grin)

Monica: Hope your family continues to improve. Let us know what happens.

We have our next vacation planned. We are hitting Disney the first week in November. Debbiebones, we are DVC members are love it! Boardwalk Villas. Have it reserved but may try to switch to the Beach Club. My kids are off for teachers convention and will use very points points that time of the year. My favorite time to go is September, the end, since it is not crowded and you use the least amount of points. Next year we will do a non-Disney vacation. Maybe a Beaches resort? Has anyone been? We are so hooked on vacations that I have to have the next planned as one is over. Helps take away the glum feeling you have when you first get home....
Carolyn

Tracy said:"The ONLY way to have fun in FW is to leave!"

Sue said: That is the way my daughter used to feel, she has found that there are some nice things to do in FW. Of course, it probably helps that she has family there(her husbands family).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nancy - We also want to do the Western on the Magic. We have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman, love them both, but have never been to Key West before. For now we are booked on the Zenith, to Bermuda, in Aug. Then we want to visit our son, who lives in Portland, Oregon and my nephew want us to do thanksgiving, on the beach in St Thomas.

I know what your mean, so many vacation plans, but so little money and so little vacation time. Can't wait until Kevin retires, that will at least solve the time problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monie - I hope that your family will be feel good, very soon and that you will hear good news from Disney. I hope that there will be a next cruise in your future and that it will be fantatic for you and your family.

In addition the the NLV, which is all over the place, I think a lot of people have been bothered by the chemicals they are using to scrub the ship. I know that the chemical smell was worse the first day or two and on the last day. These chemicals made my asthma act up and I am sure made many people more prone to getting sick. My solution for the future will be not to cruise right in the middle of flu season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melissa - We were on the Majesty of the Sea, a twin to the Sovereign, I guess about 8 yrs ago. The cabins were small, but we enjoyed the ship very much. I think you will have a great time, as long as you go with a good attitude.

If you have only sailed on the Magic, you will find the disembarkation procedure quite different and no where as good. You are called to disembark by the color of your luggage tags. You will find all luggage with, lets say red tags, in one area, NOT sorted by cabin number or number of bags. It is a real pain finding all your bags and finding a porter to help you. Kevin and I were blown away by the way Disney does the disembarkation, luggage collection and the porters taking care of you. Are you familar with www.cruisecritic.com? They have message boards for all the cruise line and all except the Disney one, are very useful.

My asthma is fine now, thanks. Still have some kind of bug and will probably see the doctor tomorrow. Nothing serious.

sue

Melissa-
We took the Royal Carribean several years ago w/ Sydney. She hated the kids club (she was only 3 at the time) but we enjoyed it. It's the main reason we decided to try the Disney. We enjoyed their private island though it's not as nice as Castaway Cay. Kirk and Sydney found a seashell there and after the cruise she told him they should not have taken it and he promised her one day they would return it to the islands. That WAS to have taken place on Castaway Cay, but alas, Daddy couldn't get off the boat. We still have it so-maybe next time :(
Rooms are tight, but after a cat 11 on the Magic anything seems good. What itinerary are you taking?

Good Morning Fellow 1/25ers!

Hope your'e all well.

Monie, has DH been improving?

Donna, are you still out there? How is your family feeling?

We managed to escape the NLV while on board, only to be plagued with the FLU! So far, only DS has it. Crossing our (very chapped) fingers, that the rest of us don't get it.

Been lurking here for a few days. No one is posting, so I guess lives are happening again! Still smiling much more now than I was four weeks ago. I REALLY needed that cruise!

Take care!

REMEMBER THE MAGIC! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tracy

Yes, I'm still here. Unfortunately, my son took a turn for the worse, but now seems to be geting better. He developed pneumonia over the weekend which I have to blame on the doctor on the Disney Magic. The doctor felt my son's illness on board was a result of the antibiotics he was taking for a strep throat he had the week before the cruise and the fact he was eating on board. So, the doctor told me to stop the antibiotics which I did. After I got home and spoke with a friend who is a nurse, she told me you should never stop an antibiotic until it's all gone or the bacteria can become resistant and move somewhere else. So, I called my pediatrician and he told me to re-start the antibiotic and finish it, but 3 days had passed that he wasn't taking it. So, the bacteria moved to his lungs and he ended up with pneumonia. He went back to school yesterday, but he's still a little weak.
I need a vacation now more than ever, but Disney is pretty well booked for the next few months, so I'm not sure what we'll do. Hope everyone else is doing well and thanks for thinking of us.

Donna,

So, the bacteria moved to his lungs and he ended up with pneumonia.

That is awful! Poor kid. Hope he takes it easy for a while. That can be very difficult to do for a child, but pnuemonia can really knock you for a loop. You guys have had your share of bad luck, too. Hope things start looking up soon!

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter