How many out there are on the January 25 2003 Eastern?

Originally posted by monie516
Just wanted to thank Melissa for putting together such a nice DIS meeting. The nametags were great! We looked very official-lol. It was so nice to meet everyone! Wish the cruise had gone smoother for us, but perhaps we'll get a chance to try again one day. If I can ever get DH back on a ship-lol!

Total agreement...thanks Melissa!! It was really nice meeting everyone and seeing faces we knew, as we sailed.

Monica, When we meet you and heard about your DHs back problems, I felt so bad for you both. Then later I heard about your NLV adventures and felt even worse. I hope that everyone is feeling better now and that you will someday be able to cruise again and have a BLAST!!

sue

Thanks Sue! It was unfortunately a truly miserable experience for us. DH never left the room after Monday morning except to go th the med center. Perhaps we'll be able to afford to do it again one day.

Originally posted by PiperG

I posted a trip report. Make sure to go out and read the last paragraph about the wild experience DH had. That would qualify as our strangest moment on the ship.

Hi ho, Hi ho, its back to reality I go with 10'' of snow here in MN. [/B]

Would you post the "last paragraph" here. I want to read it, but don't have time to go look for it.

All of this back to reality stuff, I could live without. Much to much to catch up with.

sue

Here is the story, which now lives in infamy on this board!

One night I sent DH up to Deck 9 around midnight to see if there was any food up there. The deck was empty, except for a lady laying on the circular landing that goes up from the Mickey Pool to deck 10. She was dressed to the 9s, and clearly had passed out. He was just about to find a CM to assist, when she woke up and tried to walk. She tilted over to a 45 degree angle, so he caught her and asked if she needed some help. She thought her cabin was on deck 6, so since he was going back he took her down in the elevator. When he asked her room number, she said 660600. Too many numbers, he says! She just claims there are lots of 6s and 0s in the room number, so they decided to try 6600. Once they arrive at room 6600 she just starts banging on the door. DH is hoping a big tatooed guy doesn't answer and punch him in the face. She asks to be taken back to the ESPN bar to which DH says no. She then starts going through her purse looking for a KTTW card. DH tells me she had this little purse that was filled with receipts, coffee cards and grocery saver cards. She kept going through it while he kept her upright. Finally she finds her KTTW card and it works! Just then, the phone starts ringing so she runs for it but starts to fall. He pushes her towards the bed (so her head does not hit the floor) and she picks up the phone. She tells the person on the other end to talk to my DH, but he tells her to just hang up the phone and beats feet out of there. He figures it won't take long for some big guy to get down to the room and knock him out for being in the room with his drunk wife. As he is leaving she calls out, "You are my angel." LOL Well, we saw her a couple of times on the ship and on C. Cay. She seemed to survive thanks to her angel!

Sue,

Sounds like it may have been one of the "entertainers" from dueling pianos on Friday night!!!:rolleyes:

Nancy

PS Really enjoyed meeting you and Kevin.

I don't know what the most magical was, there were so many things. I discovered that ADULTS, who are not Disney nuts, can cruise Disney and have a fantastic time. We got to ride on the Segway, really cool!! Meeting old/new friends from the DIS boards, was a big plus, it was really nice meeting everyone.

The least MAGICAL happened on our trip to the airport. After a cruise, we are usualy sad having to go to the airport and go home. This time we were having such a good time, talking with Tinkerwife and Tinkerhubby (love the name-great talking with both of you). The driver was keeping us updated, as to the time of touchdown for the shuttle. We all keept hoping we would get to see it. Then the bus driver told us the shuttle was lost on the radar and the last time this happened was with the Challenger. He put on the TV so we could watch the coverage. Very sad ending to a fantastic cruise.

We will definatly be back on Disney again.

sue

quote from 4cruisin: Strangest: Friday night at dueling pianos when 2 other guests decided that they wanted to be part of the entertainment. They obviously had over indulged (all week apparently) and really made fools of themselves. Jeff and Fidelio were very professional but these 2 women made fools of themselves and were totally oblivious to that fact

Got to agree that this was very strange and they made total fools of themselves. They tried to ruin the last show of the Dueling Pianos, of course they didn't understand that. Jeff and Fidelio were fantastic, I hope to see them again some day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote from tigoblue: I have never felt so wonderful for six consecutive days in my life! Six, because we all had a very difficult time unwinding the first day. After that, all smiles.

Tracy..I think a lot of us had a hard time unwinding on sunday. The weather was so bad, it keep a lot of us indoors. I know I spent the day telling Kevin that "we will enjoy this cruise, but I will never sail Disney again".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

quote from tigoblue, again: I swear somebody slipped me a mickey . Had a wonderful time with Sue and Kevin Sunday night at Sessions, and felt just fine there. Had to go back to the cabin for DD. She was lonely.

Are you trying to blame me and Kevin for slipping you a mickey(grin). You should know we were only trying to get rid of you, not really. It was really great getting together with you and Gary. I hope that we can get together, when Kevin and I go out to Fort Wayne. In the mean time, if you want have Gary get hold of my daughter (Laura Fiig), I think you would get along very well.

Monie and Tracy,

So sorry you got a dud, as a cabin steward, ours was really great. Just telling you for future reference, so you know that there are good cabin stewards on Disney, not to gloat.

sue

PennyKeating - What a rotten time, hope everyone is feeling better by now. Really nice cabin steward!!

dvarallo - Hi neighbor, I missed meeting you. I hope everyone is feeling better.

pigelet - I agree about the tendering in St. Thomas. I have tendered many times, but this was so disorganized. When we went to Rockin Bar D, they said they had a tender ready to go to Havensight and had no idea when the next tender would be. Maybe 15min maybe 30. We also decided we didn't have enoung time to go to St John.

Nancy(4cruisin) - I am guessing that you and I did not get sick, since we were not around the kids very much. I did get a cold as soon as I got home and it messed up my asthma, but nothing like NLV at all. Mostly over it now anyhow.

sue

Originally posted by tlgoblue
SJM,
Are you out there? Just wanted to say Hi and that we really enjoyed your company.

Yes I am here, just trying to get caught up. Maybe sometime before our next cruise. We also enjoyed your company and hope to see you, when we get out to your home town.

------------------------------------------------

We saw Kevin riding the segway. Looked fun.

We both rode the segway, it was a blast. Try it next time you are on Disney.

-----------------------------------------------

I have suitcases all over my family room , (still) no food in the fridge, and

Suitcases put away, contents still all over the house. Draged Kevin grocery shoping on Sunday, there was no food in the house.

------------------------------------------------

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!?!?!?

Now that my cold and asthma is getting better, I am starving. Kevin is bringing food home, if he ever gets done with OT tonight.

-----------------------------------------------

Keep in touch! You can PM me for e-mail. Talk to you later!

It says I can't email you. My email is kjmullen@comcast.net. Talk to you soon.

sue

Sounds like it may have been one of the "entertainers" from dueling pianos on Friday night!!!:rolleyes:

PS Really enjoyed meeting you and Kevin. [/B]

Nancy - It sure sounds like them. Glad to see that they entertained others also(grin).

We also enjoyed meeting you. Dueling pianos would not of been the same without you. Say hi to the rest of the gang, for us.

PiperG - Thanks for posting the story, I am glad your husband survived. Funny, if it were not so sad.

Sue

Hi,

Just wanted to see if any of you are on the board and how you are all doing.

We had almost a foot of snow today, can't wait for our next cruise.

sue

Hi Sue,

I check in from time to time. Not the obsession that it was, thank goodness. (grin) Are you back to "normal" now? I think I am finally used to being home.

I also wanted to thank all of you who thanked me for the name badges. Really made me feel good. :)

Anyone else rebook or planning on rebooking? I think we are going to book for the September 25th 2004 sailing, my DD's 6th birthday (28th). It will take us that long to save the money since we like to pay cash so the vacation is paid for when we travel. We are not the most disciplined people about paying off debt on a credit card that you can conveniently pay $30 a month on and never make a dent. We're planning on booking next month when the Amex rolls over.

Also was planning an April trip to Texas with my best friend of 30 years, but we can't get a hotel room at the time we wanted to go, so we're thinking of cruising RCCL for 3 or 4 days. The price is unbelievably low, something along the line of $350 pp for ocean view. It will be nice to have some "girl time" and I hear the food on RCCL is pretty good. :) I have cruising fever!

DS and DH appear to have a stomach virus, I am thanking my lucky stars they didn't get it last week!

Love to hear how everyone has adjusted to being back in reality. (What if you don't want this as your reality? lol.)

Hi all,

The past week has been a tough one for me. The trip exceeded all my expectations so I have definitely suffered from post cruise depression.

We actually leave for a land and sea one year for today. I am hoping that creating my scrapbook for our 1/25 trip will keep me fairly busy for a few months. Then, I can start obsessing about that next trip. Once on the Wonder (its a quick 3-day after 4 days at the park), I hope DH will book another 7 day. This time I want to try the Western.

Hi Everybody!

Yeah, some of us are still out here! I, too, am suffering sever post cruise depression, but I had a pretty good remedy this evening; Portugese Fisherman's Stew! (For all of you who know me, LEGAL SEAFOOD, with a hint of COMMON GRILL! Guess what? I made it myself! OOOOH! I DO have a future!) Yummy! What a nice way to transition back to Hot Dogs and Mac-n-Cheese! (Saving for the Sept. 6, cruise!) Anyway, thinking of last week, and looking forward to September. It will be bitter-sweet. In-laws are joining us, but we celebrate two birthdays. (Not to give anything away-DH, 40 and DS 13!) Wishing you all a lovely, if not snowy week. Let's keep in touch. It just keeps it real for me!

Smiles to all!
REMEMBER THE MAGIC!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tracy

My question is, what is back to normal? We have food in the house, bills paid, but still have piles of summer clothes to wash. What's the rush, we had almost a foot of snow, don't think we will need them for a while. Instead of winter tops, I am wearing my Disney t-shirts.

Before we sailed the Magic, we were already booked on the Zenith, to Bermuda for this coming August. We will be sailing Disney again, just don't know when.

Melissa, which RCCL ship are you thinking about? Hope your kids get better quickly.

PiperG - The only was to get over post cruise depression, which is very normal, is to book another cruise(grin). The PCD will go away, as you are planning the next one.

Tracy - I have only cooked 1 or 2 meals since we got home. Most of the time, I call Kevin at work and ask him to bring something home.

If I remember, you are sailing 9/6, the Magic Western? You have to go swiming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman.

Tracy, I got your email, but am still very behind. I came home with a cold, which messed up my asthma. Got things under control, so I thought and I am not feeling well again. Maybe it is time to see the dr., unless I am better by monday.

I think we are in for more snow this week. Hope everyone stays/gets well.

sue

Hi again!

Hey Sue, no need to rush the e-mail thing. No apologies necessary. Hope you're feeling well soon. As far as cooking goes, it's not something I relish, but I've become quite good at it. (apparently, something to write home about, as Gary calls people singing my praises whenever I "outdo"myself :p ) Nice to be appreciated.

As far as being back to normal, Normal for me is a series of recovering from one vacation, only to begin planning another.
Suitcases never seem to cool down, and the laundry is never done! The only thing I can hope for is that kids get back to some sort of routine for school. I often wonder what their childhood memories will be like. Will they ever feel grounded? "My parents used to drag me all over the planet! Never spent a Holiday at home!" Or will they develope a thirst for travel and knowledge? Will it be a part of who they choose to be or will the resent us for it? I keep telling them to save for therapy. :p
Need to go now. Promised DD I would make scones with her today! Talk to you later.

REMEMBER THE MAGIC!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tracy

Originally posted by tlgoblue
As far as being back to normal, Normal for me is a series of recovering from one vacation, only to begin planning another.
Suitcases never seem to cool down, and the laundry is never done! The only thing I can hope for is that kids get back to some sort of routine for school. I often wonder what their childhood memories will be like. Will they ever feel grounded? "My parents used to drag me all over the planet! Never spent a Holiday at home!" Or will they develope a thirst for travel and knowledge? Will it be a part of who they choose to be or will the resent us for it? I keep telling them to save for therapy.
Tracy [/B]

LOL....living where you do, requires therapy!!

Have you always traveled a lot, or only since you moved to FW?? Living there, is very good reason to travel a lot(VBG).

sue

Well...I'm still trying to check the Cruise board every so often, but I think I've moved on to a new fix...we're seriously thinking about joining the DVC! I've been spending lots of time on their discussion board.

I've done extensive research on it since coming home and now I'm psyched about joining and planning our next vacation!

Must be all of us stuck in the winter doldrums especially if we live in the frigid north (15 degrees here today!) that feel the need to plan for the next getaway.

Me, I just like always having something to look forward to!

Hope everyone is doing well post cruise!

Deb

OK! Scones are in the oven, and DD is giving herself a "Day at the Spa!" "First, I'm having a bath" (Yeah!) "By the time I'm done, the scones should be done, and we'll do High Tea. Then I'll rest by the fire and read a little. Then maybe a pedicure. Rest and read. Oh, What's for dinner? Maybe a manicure IF I have time, then more reading, then bed. Yep! that should pretty much take up the rest of my day!" Not that we enjoyed our cruise or anything!

DH is feeling a bit under the weather today. I think he had to make his own Margaitas last night, and well..., never send a DH to do DW's job!

I think we're all coming down with colds, but it's ok. Don't want to rush back to the rat race anyway!

Sue,
LOL...We've always enjoyed traveling, but it has taken on a hightened significance since moving to FW. You know what they say, "The ONLY way to have fun in FW is to leave!"

Has anybody heard from Laurie? (jlmcantwait) Was wondering how things went for her and her family. Did anybody get together with them? I was really looking forward to meeting so many of you, but I guess we all just had something going on all the time. We had the late seating, which makes it hard to catch up with anybody who has children. I really enjoyed the late seating. It was not as rush rush as the early, but DD did get very tired and often had her face in her plate by the end of the meal.
We'll do early in September.:rolleyes:

Back to the scones. Oooh they smell goood!

Bye for now!

REMEMBER THE MAGIC!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tracy

Hi All,

We are already booked for the 12/4/2004 western on DCL. Gary and I actually booked on board to insure the $200.00 credit. I also did it so I can maybe push the date to the non-existent 10 day Christmas/New Year's cruise if in fact it ever happens. I don't think we would go away over the holidays as we consider that family time with my dsis (Janone) and her family but I figured the worst that we do is tie up a $500 deposit and I can always cancel without any penalty. I will say that I found the price pretty hard to swallow. DCL needs to keep their price competitive and I don't think that they are doing that.

We are planning a trip to Las Vegas for next January so that is taking up some of our time. My dsis wants to try another cruise line for our next cruise just so we have something to compare DCL to. I'm hoping if I save enough pennies, dh and I can do both. I really enjoy the cabin size on DCL and would hate to be in a smaller cabin on another line. DH and I are also talking about returning to St. Thomas for a week. We want to see the island and spend more time exploring it than a cruise allows.

Ahh, so many vacations, so little money.:rolleyes: I always have the travel bug, but it gets worse just after we return. We are looking forward to Vegas, so if anyone has any good tips or websites they are aware of, please let me know.

Hope everyone stays well.
Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter