how many outdoor garbage can do you have?

One garbage can. One recycling bin. One green waste - yard, food scrapes, paper towels, pizza boxes

I mixed them up the other week and dumped all the recycling into the green waste. UGH! I used the grabbers I have to reach things on the top shelves and got as much of it out as I could.
My BIL is an engineer and works landfills, he says used pizza boxes should go in garbage.

We have about 4 large cans for garbage, 2 recycling bins, 1 green bin for yard waste (plus our landscaper takes away grass and leaves). Garbage pick up is twice a week, recycling once a week, Wednesdays are green and bulk pickup. Our recycling is on Thursdays so we missed due to thanksgiving, my daughter had about 30 friends her the Wednesday before thanksgiving to pregame before the bars, they’re going to hate us today.

1 trash, 1 recycling (both are the same large wheeled cans provided by the sanitation company)

This is the maximum allowed for pickup in our area. We do fill up the recycling bin (only gets picked up every other week), but the trash can typically has plenty of room (usually just one or two kitchen sized bags).

Do you use them all for garbage? Or are you just asking how many cans people have, but use them for other purposes (like storing garden tools, etc)? I think we have one in our shed and one that was repurposed for compost.

We have about 4 large cans for garbage, 2 recycling bins, 1 green bin for yard waste (plus our landscaper takes away grass and leaves). Garbage pick up is twice a week, recycling once a week, Wednesdays are green and bulk pickup.
I'm genuinely curious if you actually use 8 garbage cans worth of trash each week. Where we live they will only pick up what fits inside the one can, so if you had anything extra you would need to save it for the following week or take it to the dump yourself.

My BIL is an engineer and works landfills, he says used pizza boxes should go in garbage.
It was once thought that the grease embedded in the used box would ruin the batch of cardboard being recycled.

This gets repeated often but turns out is not true.

The industry is trying to get the word out that as long as you remove the leftover pizza, who has leftover pizza, before putting the box in the recycle bin, all is well.

https://www.afandpa.org/news/2023/lets-set-record-straight-pizza-boxes-are-recyclable

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/yes-you-can-recycle-your-pizza-boxes

t's advice from the dawn of curbside recycling: Don't put your pizza box in the blue bin because the greasy cardboard and cheese scraps make it unrecyclable. For years, conscientious recyclers followed this advice, and tens of billions of pizza boxes were sent to landfills and incinerators. The intentions were good, but it turns out that the advice wasn't. New research reveals that, so long as you remove all the pizza, the cardboard container that held your Veggie Supreme can be readily recycled into something new.

Depends on the house.
One house we are allowed one garage and one recycling
The other house as many as I need

1 large wheeled one for garbage and 1 large wheeled one for recycling provided by our trash company. We also have a couple small spares for overflow from my son's open house.

1 trash, 1 recycling (both are the same large wheeled cans provided by the sanitation company)

This is the maximum allowed for pickup in our area. We do fill up the recycling bin (only gets picked up every other week), but the trash can typically has plenty of room (usually just one or two kitchen sized bags).

Do you use them all for garbage? Or are you just asking how many cans people have, but use them for other purposes (like storing garden tools, etc)? I think we have one in our shed and one that was repurposed for compost.

I'm genuinely curious if you actually use 8 garbage cans worth of trash each week. Where we live they will only pick up what fits inside the one can, so if you had anything extra you would need to save it for the following week or take it to the dump yourself.
Not so much anymore, although it’s the season with Amazon orders, we have 5 kids so yes, we used a lot of them. Garbage is unlimited here, I could put out as many cans and bags as I wish.

4 trash cans and one recycling can- typically put out 2 cans each pick up day but sometimes 3. Trash picked up twice a week, recycling picked up once a week and lawn debris (leaves, grass, branches etc) picked up once a week. During the 2 regular trash days you can put out things like mattresses, chairs etc but if you have a fridge, couch or something big like that you just call for a special pick up and they send a special truck for it- no extra charge for anything.

Same I have yet to put food waste and pizza boxes in the green waste. I'm sure one day I will get a warning notice
Funny you say that. We have the little plastic organics container they gave away on our counter and my wife yesterday commented how easy it has been to remember to put egg shells, apple cores, vegetable trimmings, etc in there and then put it in the big 90 gallon green waste (organics) can on trash day. Pizza boxes too, but it is odd after soooo many years of being told they could only go in the trash, not the recycling, it does cause me to do a double take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter