How many resorts do you call home?

Currently Saratoga and Animal Kingdom. If I were to add on, I'd consider:

- Aulani subsidized resale
- Animal Kingdom resale
- Saratoga resale
- Old Key West 2057 resale
- Disneyland tower direct
- Some future unannounced resort direct

Everything else, I consider either too expensive for what you get, I don't care for the resort itself, or it's a 2042 expiration, which I'm not interested in.

We own 200pts direct from BLT (2009) and 50pts BWV resale (2010). We're 40/43 years old and if BWV had a longer expiration date we'd own all our points there (and probably more of them). I wish I would have bought more there when I first bought in as I love that location. I just can't get myself to buy more there at current resale prices.

Hahaha! I did almost pick up a subsidized Aulani contract but the seller wanted too much per point, and as an East Coaster, I wasn’t certain I’d make use of it as often as I’d want. I could use for SAP, but just decided to add on more points to AKV.

But we own at 8 resorts: AKV (and we have both Jambo and Kidani contracts, as we wanted both!), BRV, CCV, HHI, PVB, RIV, SSR, VGC. So just over half way there to owning them all! ;-)

Isn't there an upper limit? I want to say it was like 2,000? It would be difficult to own at all of them unless you had some small contracts (then again, I have one that is only 60 points.... so I guess why not?)

only BCV and SSR. sometimes I have to book BCV at 11 months, but otherwise I don't find that to be a thing. I could add a Saratoga resale for < 100 pts

I seem to recall 4,000 at a single resort and 8,000 in total.
Edit: I read it here.

I knew it was pretty high. I thought my number was too low. My guide didn't really go into it (and this is from my memory of over 10 years ago when I can't remember what I ate yesterday). I just remember him telling me there was one, but it was more to prevent you from turning it into a business as they didn't want you to compete with them.

AKV ( 2 contracts, resale)
Aulani (2 contracts, resale, 1 is subsidized)
CCV ( 2 contracts, direct)
OKW (1 contract, deeded)

It will be 5 once the new Disneyland one is available.

We have 3 home resorts: BWV, OKW & BLT. We have more than enough points now, so we're probably done buying. (If DVC ever offers a 2057-extension on OKW at a reasonable price, we might consider that.)
The AP issue could definitely impact how we spend our time in Orlando. We normally fly down 4 or 5 times per year, sometimes just for a long weekend, so we always have AP's. They may have determined that AP's are money-losers in many situations. But in our case (and there are probably lots more like us) if Disney stopped selling AP's or some reasonable substitute, we'd use our points very differently and Disney would end up with far less of our $ overall. Hopefully they'll come up with a pass structure that balances some of these issues.

One resort, two contracts. We purposely added on at the same resort in order to have a bigger pool of points available at 11 months out.

We’re lame. We only own one contract…200 points at BCV. Part of me is drawn to buying a contract at Polynesian so we could have one in the Magic Kingdom loop (and Poly is our 2nd favorite resort behind BCV), but with all the recent changes being made at DVC I am more in “wait and see” mode. Not to mention the cost of the contract and the added yearly dues.

I am starting to understand addonitis, but I am resisting :-)

If you are an AP holder now why wouldn't APs be available for you when it comes time to renew? They are still allowing renewals, just not new sales.

When you stagger your annual trips by a week or 2 ( eg 3rd week august yr 1, 2nd week august yr 2) to get the 2 years out of one pass. Then you go a year ( from the time your pass expires at the end of your second trip) without a pass until you start this over when you travel on August year 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter