How many times have you travelled with Disney?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
It seems like many in North America have the luxury of travelling to WDW a few times a year, buying DVC membership and annual passss. In my envy, I am curious to see how many of the Disney obsessed from Australia and New Zealand have actually been many times. I of course then realised that my Disney travel tally is actually quite high.

Approx 5 years ago I went to Disneyland during a trip to South west US. If only I'd known what that would start maybe I would have paid for more expensive flights and not gone through LAX.

Since then I ended up using Disney when cruising Alaska (fairly last minute choice as part of a trip to Vancouver), cruising Disney while in the Mediterranean on a trip to Europe, and then this year I took my first ever trip to WDW and cruised Disney in the Caribbean. 4 separate trips (ie all my trips in 5 years) ended up including Disney.

I now want to go back to WDW (loved the on site resorts) and have envy of people cruising Northern Europe. I may have even got my mother hooked after she did the Mediterranean cruise with me and i mentioned that Disney has other cruises in Europe.

How much Disney travel has everyone else done and was it ever enough? I am worried I might be addicted as I feel like one WDW trip was not enough then realised I have taken so many trips.

I've been to WDW and HKDL once each so far. In October I'm going to both DL and WDW. I have plans to visit every park in the world (well... we'll see what happens with Shanghai). I'm thinking I'll do Tokyo DL in 2017 :)

I took my first trip to the US in 1996 and visited both DL and WDW. Over the next 4 years, before I married, I visited WDW twice and DL once travelling with family to help them with the kids. Since marrying in 2000, I have been to DL in 2001 with my Mum & Dad, went with my DH and 2 kids to DL in 2005, then in 2013 my DH & 6 kids went to WDW & DL. In 2 months, we are heading back and going to WDW & DL and going on the Disney Fantasy for or first ever cruise. I have only stayed onsite once at the DL hotel in 2005 though.
So to summarize I've been to DL 5 times, WDW 4 times, with an upcoming trip to do them both and DCL. I love going to Disney.

I've been lucky enough to visit every Disney Theme Park and to do a short Disney Cruise departing from Florida.

I've been everywhere once with the exception of Tokyo Disney which I've been to twice and which I'm returning to later this year.

I'm planning to visit Disneyland in Los Angeles for a second time next year and to also do a Disney Cruise to Alaska on the same trip.

I have been to Disneyland 3 times starting in 2007, with another trip this September, so will be 4 times in 8 years (2007, 2011, 2012, 2015). And I also went to Disneyland Paris last year. Every time I feel like I've been enough times, after a year or so I want to go back again. I really need to branch out a bit as all of our US trips have been Disneyland based, with just a couple of days here and there going to other places - so next time might be Universal Orlando with a side trip to WDW and/or DL!

We also would love to have a white Christmas in Canada - and I would tack a few Disneyland days onto that too.

Scary thing is I now see a trip to Disneyland as a quick and easy thing, the September trip is just me and the kids for a week, people have said I'm brave taking the kids by myself but it's so easy now after being a few times. Just wish it was cheaper!

We've got a pretty good tally going...

2011: 7 nights at DLR
2012: 4 nights at HKDL
2013: 5 nights at DLP, 2 nights at HKDL
2014: Approx 10 nights all up (split stay) at DLR
2015: 1 night at DLR so far, another 7 nights coming up in September
2016: I still plan to spend a couple of days at SDL when that opens, and will probably try to tack on a couple of days at HKDL on the way through

And that will probably be the end of our good run for a number of years.

The only place I've stayed onsite has been HKDL, where I've stayed at both onsite hotels. I've been with my husband and my parents (together and separately), and have converted each of them lol! I do plan to eventually get to all the Disney locations around the world.

I've got my sixth DL visit coming up in December - my first non-solo trip so will be a completely different one for me- they have been anywhere from 1 day to 9 days. WDW I've had two 5 day visits onsite at Pop, I'll get back there one day but I prefer DL. Hong Kong and Tokyo I've visited once each, Hong Kong was a day trip during their Halloween celebrations, Tokyo was 2 days and I have plans to head back next year for the 15th anniversary.

Back in 2006 I visit DL twice in the space of 3 months - Dad was working for Qantas and I was getting his benefits then so it made it easier! My excuse - I was hooked after that first trip and I remember telling my boss I had 'unfinished business' there! I since did 2 trips to HKDL, 2 trips to Aulani, the first time there I bought into DVC when our dollar was above parity (so happy about that now!), then my next DL & Aulani combined trip coming soon!

After our first trip to DL way back as youngsters in 1984, we managed a couple of trips to DL again in conjunction with some longer hols then went to WDW for the first time but long on the bucket list in 2008 to celebrate our DD graduation and treat her for her hard work with an amazing Xmas visit. I blame the disboards for amping my enthusiasm as subsequently we have visited every park-DL again in 2011, TDL in 2012 (can't wait to go back), DLP in 2013, WDW in 2014 and HKD booked for this year. We don't cruise though TR here are actually tempting me and ABD also looks attractive for some exotic locations. We never go just to the parks though; we would end up overdosing, we always combine with touring nearby or stopover places so we are not quite the fanatics as some.

1990 - Disneyland California
1992 - Disneyland Ca
1993 - Disneyland Ca
1993 - Disneyland Paris (aka Euro Disney)
1994 - Disneyland Ca
1998 - Disneyland Ca
2009 - WDW (onsite POP - loved it!)
2009 - Disneyland Ca (on site Disneyland Hotel - horrible hotel. Paradise Pier - loved it)
2013 - Disneyland Hong Kong (on site Disneyland Hotel - fantastic!)
2014 - Disneyland Ca (on site Paradise Pier - loved it!)
2015 - Disneyland Paris (on site) (Upcoming in September)
2015 - Disneyland Tokyo (Upcoming in October)

Been 3 times to Disneyland, first time 1996 with my mother in law who was a travel agent at the time, think my airfare was $100 agent special, lol, second time 1997 with hubby, 3rd time in 2013 with hubby and 2 kids, competition win.
Always dreaming of more holidays too

One each to DL (2010) and WDW (2013). Dec 2015 will be our second trip to both...counting down the days!!

I went in 2010 for my 'once' in a life time trip and got hooked lol Have now been four times

First "once of a lifetime trip" was in 2011.
2011 - WDW, DL/DCA and DCL.
2011 - HKD
2012 - WDW, DCL
2013 - WDW, DCL, DL/DCA
2014 - Aulani
2015 - DL/DCA
2016 - WDW, DCL, DL/DCA

Needless to say we got seriously bitten by the Disney bug. :rolleyes1

such relief that it is not just me. I do seem to get a bit of judgement from friends and colleagues (although some friends are more addicted than I am). They seem to think that travel should be for culture only and while relaxing at resorts is acceptable (and usually results in envy) they don't understand the Disney thing given that I don't have children.

This last trip (we've been back four days) we did four nights at Disneyland and nineteen nights at Disneyworld, broken up over six weeks. I'm not sure there's ever too much ;) When you stay a while you can relax and enjoy so much of the non-theme park stuff that's on offer. You can wander the resorts, you can swim, you can shop.

Some of our trip was with family who had never understood why we stay at Disney so long. I think they got a better idea of its size and how much there is to do (although only a taste because you don't know what you don't know, kwim and theirs wasn't a long stay).

We've been to DL 3x, WDW 3x & DCL 3x. Our last 2 DCL cruises were back to back so actually 5 cruises in total, which makes us Gold :).
DL in 2003 was the start of our obsession. We discovered WDW & DCL in 2006.

such relief that it is not just me. I do seem to get a bit of judgement from friends and colleagues (although some friends are more addicted than I am). They seem to think that travel should be for culture only and while relaxing at resorts is acceptable (and usually results in envy) they don't understand the Disney thing given that I don't have children.

I get that a little also, people don't understand why I am so taken by the whole Disney experience, I just roll with it and tell them I've never had better holidays in my entire life and the memories we are having as a family are priceless. I can think of a lot worse things to be rather than a Disney Loving Dad!

I did my first Disneyland trip in 2001, then 2009 with my DH and DS.
2012 we did DCL, WDW and DL and 2014 did it all again :worship:
This year will be DL only, not sure when we'll get back to WDW :( (hopefully not too long :worried:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter