How much are park hoppers going up 12/08?

I bought my tickets yesterday for a May trip with 7 day park hoppers and Magic Maker. Checked it this morning to compare:

Yesterday my total (2 adults, 1 child, 7 day Park Hopper, starting date May 3) was $2,308.

Today the total is $2,506.

Around a $200 increase or a bit less than 10% increase. I think it changes quite a bit depending on the time of year/week.

I bought tickets last night for an early 2023 trip - 8 day park hopper - and the ticket went from $743 to $810 including tax. I'm glad I got them last night.

Just looked at some quick numbers.

Adding PH is now:
  • 1 Day ticket: $60-$65 above MK ticket price. Cost of adding PH to a 1 day ticket fluctuates depending on what day your ticket is for.
  • 2-4 Day ticket: $85
  • 5-10 Day ticket: $90

Yeahhhh glad we got our March tickets during the Undercover Tourists black friday sale. 2 adult and 2 child 6 day park hoppers for mid march were $2667. Today through disney they are $3,080.

Yeahhhh glad we got our March tickets during the Undercover Tourists black friday sale. 2 adult and 2 child 6 day park hoppers for mid march were $2667. Today through disney they are $3,080.
Whoa, that's $513.33 per day for a family of 4. Blows my mind. Is that todays price with or without tax?

Disney is insane with their prices, $145 a day to be in the park, and unless you get Genie+ and spend more you stand in lines all day. All I heard about was the 1 day ticket price changes so I didn't buy my Feb trip tickets and now its $74 more. Good thing this is my last trip for the foreseeable future.

Whoa, that's $513.33 per day for a family of 4. Blows my mind. Is that todays price with or without tax?
If you get them through UT there is no sales tax. You save a little getting there then through Disney direct and they are an authorized reseller. I couldn't remember how much I saved by buying PHs last night so hopped on their website to plug in the same dates/ticket types and evidently they are still selling at the old price. It shows a $170 saving for a 6 day PH mid-April.

If you get them through UT there is no sales tax. You save a little getting there then through Disney direct and they are an authorized reseller. I couldn't remember how much I saved by buying PHs last night so hopped on their website to plug in the same dates/ticket types and evidently they are still selling at the old price. It shows a $170 saving for a 6 day PH mid-April.
To clarify, there is sales tax (UT isn't exempt from it, like military travel offices are), it's just that UT includes it in their posted prices.

We're a day late on this but pricing through UT shows around $2k for 6 day WDW pass and 3 day Universal (both hoppers -- 7 day trip just adding on a day to each for check out day flexibility at both spots). This is for 2 adults. We do really well financially and it still stings to see this. I simply don't know how you folks with kids afford this stuff... $2k before you even factor in getting to Orlando, lodging, food, etc. Insanity.

Oh and as an edit... this is before factoring in the optional Genie+ and ILL decision.

We're a day late on this but pricing through UT shows around $2k for 6 day WDW pass and 3 day Universal (both hoppers -- 7 day trip just adding on a day to each for check out day flexibility at both spots). This is for 2 adults. We do really well financially and it still stings to see this. I simply don't know how you folks with kids afford this stuff... $2k before you even factor in getting to Orlando, lodging, food, etc. Insanity.

Oh and as an edit... this is before factoring in the optional Genie+ and ILL decision.
This is why we stayed off-site last trip and will for this one as well. And honestly, the only reason it works for us is we can drive to Disney World. We looked at doing Disneyland next year but pile on airfare for a family of 5 (with lodging/tickets/food) and yeah, the total price is intense.

We are taking our annual spring break week to Orlando. Normally that is at WDW. We are a little Disney'd out, so we are setting up shop at Marriot Cypress Harbour and are doing Universal instead. I had already made up my mind to get the top-tier AP, thanks to the anticipation of late hours and the after-4P Universal Express. For non-FL residents, that comes to about $804 after tax. Not the cheapest way to visit Universal, but cheaper than buying a 5-day ticket and adding Express daily, plus it gives us a bit of extra time to spread our visit out over the week, includes parking, some modest discounts, etc. etc.

For grins, this morning I priced the ticket for the same week at WDW. A 7-day park hopper (what I normally buy for this trip) is ... $804. That's before buying the virtual queue product.

Yes, I'm replying to myself. If you add in G+ and ILL, that'll bring it up to almost $700 per day for a family of 4. That's without hotel and food.

I’m guessing I should know this being a long time DVC member, but I’ve had an AP for the past few years.

Have a trip planned for March and had told my travel party they needed to confirm/purchase park passes by end of this month. Unfortunately heard back from them late last night that they are “in”, and of course they just missed buying park passes before the price increase.

So I have two questions: They are debating somewhere between 4-6 days for park passes. If they buy the park pass now for 4 days and decide to add 1-2 more days when we’re there in March, will they just be charged the additional amount that is showing today (assuming there are no additional price increases before then)? Also, same question with park hopper. What if they go to Magic Kingdom only the first 2 to 3 days and then want to add park hopper for the next two or three days. Is that possible? I do realize they could run into troubles with park reservations if they wait.

Many thanks!

So I have two questions: They are debating somewhere between 4-6 days for park passes. If they buy the park pass now for 4 days and decide to add 1-2 more days when we’re there in March, will they just be charged the additional amount that is showing today (assuming there are no additional price increases before then)? Also, same question with park hopper. What if they go to Magic Kingdom only the first 2 to 3 days and then want to add park hopper for the next two or three days. Is that possible? I do realize they could run into troubles with park reservations if they wait.

Many thanks!
I believe you cannot have a mix of tickets on 1 reservation. Either ALL single-park, or ALL park-hopper.
To do what you're talking about, you need to buy the tickets in 2 separate reservations.

I've done that by purchasing the final-days first,... and then the beginning days on a separate purchase.
If you do it the other way (1st days first, and last days last), it may not work. As an example, the first 2-day ticket on June 1 will give you up to 4 days to consume two days. So I'm unsure if it'll let you make an additional reservation starting June 3, since your first purchase overlaps June 3.

Someone please tell us if that's incorrect.

I’m assuming they have a room-only or DVC resort reservation and are buying tickets separately and this is not a room+tickets package.

If they continue to do as they have in the past, when adding days to a ticket, Disney simply charges the difference between the ticket you have and the current cost of the ticket you want.

If adding park hopping, the cost is the same whether it’s added before the ticket is used or part way through the ticket’s use. IOW, if adding hopping to a 4-day ticket, the price is the same whether it’s added on day 1 or day 4 of use.

I’m assuming they have a room-only or DVC resort reservation and are buying tickets separately and this is not a room+tickets package.

If they continue to do as they have in the past, when adding days to a ticket, Disney simply charges the difference between the ticket you have and the current cost of the ticket you want.

If adding park hopping, the cost is the same whether it’s added before the ticket is used or part way through the ticket’s use. IOW, if adding hopping to a 4-day ticket, the price is the same whether it’s added on day 1 or day 4 of use.
Thanks. Yes, sorry if I wasn’t clear. We are staying on DVC pts, so tickets only. So if they’re not sure how many days they’re going to use, but are pretty sure they’re going to want Park hopping on a few of those days they should at least purchase the minimum number of days (say 4) with the park hopper option. Then they could add 1-2 more days of entry when they’re down there (assuming of course park reservations are not full for the parks they want). I hate park reservations so much. I wish they would just get rid of it!

Thanks. Yes, sorry if I wasn’t clear. We are staying on DVC pts, so tickets only. So if they’re not sure how many days they’re going to use, but are pretty sure they’re going to want Park hopping on a few of those days they should at least purchase the minimum number of days (say 4) with the park hopper option. Then they could add 1-2 more days of entry when they’re down there (assuming of course park reservations are not full for the parks they want). I hate park reservations so much. I wish they would just get rid of it!
Yes, I think that buying the known number of hopper days now is reasonable. They should probably keep an eye on park pass availability for the potential additional days, in case they need to make a decision sooner rather than later about adding them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter