How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

September 14-22, 2018 WDW
3 Disney adults, 1 child

My bother and his family with be going with us and he qualifies for military discounts. (3 Disney adults, 1 child).

Resort (AKL) -$1500
5day PH (1adult, 1 child) -$864
Armed Forces Salute 5day PH x2 ~$530
-(via brother)
MNSSHP- ~$280 (using reward visa Points, so ‘free’)
-(using 2 military tickets)
EMM - ~$284 (using reward visa points, so ‘free’)
Memory maker - $50
-(military rate split with brother)
Gas - ~$150
Food/souvenir budget ~$1500.

Not counting EMM and MNSSHP using reward points for= ~$4,444. Yikes!

Last edited:
9/9-9/14 WDW for 3 adults
Package:
6 days, 5 nights at Pop Century (standard room, 2 queens)
5-day park hoppers
Free dining
= $2,332

1-day, park-to-park Universal tickets
= $530

Round trip flights from CA to FL
= ~$900

Total = $3,762 ($1,255 each)

All three of us are turning 30 within a couple months of the trip... that justifies the price, right?! ::yes::

Family of 11
Dad, mom, 6 kids, Grammy, Grampy and my brother.
I’m only including what we are financially responsible for ( my parents and brother pay their own way)
Flying in on 11/22 ( waiting to see flights available- budgeting around 3000-3500 for flights)
Staying 10 nights in a grand villa at Old Key West on rented points- 8384.00 ( parents and brother paid 2300 of this)
9 day park hoppers- we paid
MVMCP 800 dollars
Car rental for one day 60
Food ( we cook a lot in the villa) 3300
Souvenirs 1000.
Total at end of day between 16000-18000.
Thank goodness I can pick up overtime as a nurse!

I'm planning a trip for October or January. I'm looking at November as a possible. Hope I'm not going off topic, but what's a good budget for 5? The costs are 3 adult tickets and 2 under 9. I'd love to stay onsite but have looked at Bonnet Creek and even the Ramada Inn! Sadly, a trip to Universal Studios Orlando is cheaper even with hotels and tickets. Thank you for helping me figure it out.

Planning a Disneyland trip for myself for Pixarfest sometime in August or September. As much as I want to explore more of SoCal I can’t afford it right now. I want to experience DL before the craziness of SWL, Bugsland closes, plus I love Pixar but if I have to I’ll push it back to my fall break.

If you had the choice twould you choose the 2nd week of August, Labor Day weekend or the week before Thanksgiving for DL?

Expenses I’ll have for a 4 night trip
$400 for flight
$400 for hotel
$150 for food, snacks and tip
$280 for 3 day ticket
$300 merchandise budget
$70 for transportation
So $1600

Will have credit card for emergency fund

Currently doing Swagbucks so far I have $175 that I’ll be using toward my 3 day ticket. I’m planning on doing more offers with big bonuses so I should have enough for my ticket very soon. Swagbucks takes so much time. I’m going to at least keep doing it until I get enough for my ticket & transportation.

Going to hold a garage sell next month. I have so many old clothes. I probably have 300-500 old clothes. Planning on selling most of everything for $1-5. My realistic goal is to make enough for my merch and food budgets.

Instead of using most of my spare time doing Swagbucks I’m trying to get a job with an AAU team to book their hotels and whatever else they need to get free hotel nights at hotels.com and miles to use toward my flight. If I can get minimum wage as well that would be great but the volunteer hours could help me earn a scholarship.

I’m also opening up a new checking account. Bonus should be from $100-$200. Was going to get the Disney Visa credit card but I’m going to get the debit card instead to get the 10% off.

Half of my trip should be “free”. Depending on me qualifying for the bonus and if I can get a job with an AAU team or any team or organization I can book rooms or buy things for, my entire trip should be covered.

Doing a mother/daughter trip since ds started working part time and dh would have to be dragged there lol!
Hotel-- 7 nights All Star Music summer special $925 ($1225 cdn)
Tickets-- 2 adult 3 day base from Undercover Tourist $620 ($815 cdn)
Airfare-- $830 cdn non-stop flights and will be using Disney express from/to airport
Food-- Doing oop $100/day so $700 ($925 cdn)
Managed by some miracle to get an O'hana adr at 77 days out-- $110 with tip ($145 cdn)

Total-- around $3850 cdn. Not bad considering the 32% exchange rate.

:eek: This is what Ohana cost nowadays??????? WOW! I honestly didn't realize it was that expensive for two people!

It's just me for a 6 day/5 night stay and I have an AP. 2 nights at AKL $706.23 and 3 nights at POR w/ DxDP $1027.17. Add in a dessert party at $59 and an estimated additional $200 for OOP food/tips. So total right now is at $1992.40.

I'm doing Disney this year in lieu of my usual several long weekend trips to NYC (or elsewhere), so I'm really not spending more than I usually do on my yearly vacations, just doing it in one lump sum instead of spread throughout the year.

We're going to Disneyland Oct. 5-12. We own DVC, but we're paying cash for this trip, since the Grand Californian DVC is booked solid. So....

Disneyland Hotel plus four 5-day Park Hoppers: $5630.97 I fully expect a discount coming in July to knock down our hotel room price by 15-20%, so that will help.

We're driving from Salt Lake, so probably $300 or so for the gas, depending on gas prices at the time.

I've accumulated about $2000 in Disney gift cards, and we'll use those for food and merch.

We're also going to WDW in Feb. 2019, and with DVC, annual passes, and free airline flights, I expect that trip to cost only the price of food. We save a ton on that, however, because we have a full kitchen in our DVC unit. So we won't spend much more than I spend on groceries for two weeks at home.

I'm planning a trip for October or January. I'm looking at November as a possible. Hope I'm not going off topic, but what's a good budget for 5? The costs are 3 adult tickets and 2 under 9. I'd love to stay onsite but have looked at Bonnet Creek and even the Ramada Inn! Sadly, a trip to Universal Studios Orlando is cheaper even with hotels and tickets. Thank you for helping me figure it out.

How many days are you planning on staying?

Family of 2. May 31-June 6.

Port orleans Riverside, garden view room for 6 nights - $1,358

3 day Disney tickets - $650

Rental car and flight - $668

3 day/ 2 park universal tickets w/ express passes for one day - $650

Food/ souvenirs - $800

Total - about $4126

Family of 4 (2 kids, 5 and 7). Mid-October. Flying from New England.

Hotel: DS DoubleTree. $0 (Used Hilton Points) + Daily parking.

Rental Car: $217 for 6 days via National.

Disney Tickets: Through UT, $1563 (Not hopping).

Parking (Hotel+Park): ~$300

Airline Tickets: Trying to figure out what to do. Can get tickets via Spirit for $50 for the 4 of us using all of our Chase UR points. Calculating the bag and seat fees to be around $350, R/T?? Otherwise, planning on waiting for SW to drop fares and am checking daily - we have enough RR points to cover probably 2 out of 4 of us, so I'm guessing around $600 if we fly SW. We've never flown Spirit so we're hesitant to pull the trigger.

So far, ~$2100 + flights (anywhere from $350 to $600, depending on if we fly Spirit or SW). So looking at around $2500, not including food and other incidentals. Putting it on paper makes it seem so real!

:eek: This is what Ohana cost nowadays??????? WOW! I honestly didn't realize it was that expensive for two people!

It is our one splurge and at the beginning I also thought that it was a lot (and it is). However, if you consider that we both get appetizers, drink, main course and dessert and $110 is the final price tax and tip included it is not so bad. I don't think it's much more than any other TS restaurant. We have never been so really excited for it, I know it gets mixed reviews.

Family of 4 (all Disney adults)

11 nights in August @ POP, standard room
10 day parkhopper+ tickets
Free quick service dining upgraded to regular DDP
Flights - free (on points)
$5,173.00
(- $1250 work-related reimbursement, this is a working trip for me but vacation for DH and kids)
= $3923.00

We're going to Disneyland Oct. 5-12. We own DVC, but we're paying cash for this trip, since the Grand Californian DVC is booked solid. So....

Disneyland Hotel plus four 5-day Park Hoppers: $5630.97 I fully expect a discount coming in July to knock down our hotel room price by 15-20%, so that will help.

We're driving from Salt Lake, so probably $300 or so for the gas, depending on gas prices at the time.

I've accumulated about $2000 in Disney gift cards, and we'll use those for food and merch.

We're also going to WDW in Feb. 2019, and with DVC, annual passes, and free airline flights, I expect that trip to cost only the price of food. We save a ton on that, however, because we have a full kitchen in our DVC unit. So we won't spend much more than I spend on groceries for two weeks at home.

We will be there about the same time and had the same problem booking VGC - my husband was on-line and on the phone at exactly the 7 month window - for each of our five days. No dice. He decided to book Paradise Pier using our points. I wish we had just rented our points and used the cash to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel for less money. Can't change it now. There could be worse things to fret about!

DH & I Anniversary Trip, May 2018

Room/Flight/Tickets:
6 Nights Pop w/Mil Discount + 1 Night All Star Sports $816+$121
2 RT flights on SW $392
2 Armed Forces Salute 5day PH $483
Gift Cards for Food/Drinks/Souvenirs $1000

Extras:
Galactic Nights $275
Early Morning Magic $147
Happily Ever After Dessert Party-Plaza Viewing $118
Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party $158
Galactic Nights Tasting Package $60

Total: $3570
Kid Free, Star Wars filled Vacation... Priceless

Last edited:
Travelers are DD24 and myself. Six nights at AKL with 6 day PH tickets came to $2220. Airfare from Boston is free with rapid rewards points, so it cost me $23 in taxes for our airfare. I have more than enough in gift cards ($450) and Disney VISA rewards (about $1200) to cover our food and drink. I had a Free Dining package at ASMu, upgraded to DDP, for about the same price, but we decided we'd treat ourselves and stay at AKL to celebrate DD's 25th birthday!

It is our one splurge and at the beginning I also thought that it was a lot (and it is). However, if you consider that we both get appetizers, drink, main course and dessert and $110 is the final price tax and tip included it is not so bad. I don't think it's much more than any other TS restaurant. We have never been so really excited for it, I know it gets mixed reviews.
Good for you. I really hope you enjoy the meal! :) And have a great trip!

In the past to save money we have always looked for free dining to save money. Now that moderate resorts don’t include regular dining I am looking to see other ways people save money. We enjoy the regular dining plan meal plan but thinking we could pay out of pocket for the same services and pay less for our hotel.

For Two of us it was $1667 for 5 nights in Sept. That's lodging at all star Sports, 5 day Park Hoppers, and I scored free dining.
Airfare was $608 (I could have done better but I wanted non-stop and very specific times)
Parking (at the airport) will be another $60
Budgeting $300 for drinks, and a couple of meals that will NOT be a part of our Quick Service Dining Plan.

So not including the unexpected expenses and souvenirs.. Trip cost total is about: $2635.00 (so about $265 per person per day)

Ok, almost sorry I did that... pardon me while I recover from a little spending guilt. Our original planned vacation this year was only going to be about 1k....

Oh my... Seeing all the responses on here, and the money you all are saving just depresses me, but happy for you all... I'm taking my daughter, her husband and my 4 grandchildren. Ages, 7,3, and Twins will be 18 months when we go..
We're booked at the OKW, 2 bedroom villa....standard rate, because all the sun and fun discounts were already booked.... I'm hoping someone doesn't pay their deposit, and we can get in on the discount.... If not.... A 7 night stay, along with deluxe dining, is over 10,000..... Geese, did I just say that?! Wow!!!!! But, it's all worth it, just to see my grandchildren's faces, when they see Cinderella's castle for the first time!!!

Yup, our trip in November will be $10K for a 6 night stay at Grand Floridian. But I too feel like it will be priceless.

We already had our trip end of Feb and first week of March, 2018!
Airfare from N. Minnesota: $379 each = 760 plus insurance
9 nights, 8 days at POFQ garden view for 3,000, package which includes tickets with PH.
food was out of pocket. We lumped all spending with the food (gifts, goodies, anything we wanted to buy at Disney, plus food for 2 adults. We only had 4 ts, one at BOG, LTT, Art Smith's Homcomin', and Sci-fi. The rest was when and what we wanted to eat. Very freeing: The total for all that "food and soveneirs (sp)) was $1000.00.
So, 760 plus 100 insurance, plus resort package 3,000, plus food and all else $1000.00 - $4,860, thereabouts. I feel that was a good price for what we got:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter