How much physical pain can you tolerate and carry on?

Depends on the type of pain - I has spinal surgery - omg unbelievable pain for 3 days - then I could handle with ice and alieve - /nd spinal surgery was cake walk - not as intense not as painful
Nerve pain is horrible to deal with
Migraines - they are bad but nine times out of ten you can get thru then
Had a tooth abbess - again infected nerves omg the pain
Kidney stones - someone shoot me to make it stop !!
birthing kids - well there’s an end in sight
Cat bite - hurt for weeks - kept getting worse
Dog bite - hurt for maybe a day - not that bad
Broken bones - have had more than my share - most I ignored i
The human body is amazing - you never know what you are capable of until you are in the situation and sometimes you may surprise yourself !! Sometimes the tiniest thing hurts like the devil and something major is not that bad!!

Well apparently my pain tolerance is rather high. I have been told several times by an ER that they were surprised I had waited so long to seek help. I’m much more aware that when it’s bad, I no longer wait!

Me too. I always hear people complaining about how much something hurts, to the point of being debilitating. I just don't experience the same thing, like with my back issues. When I had my wisomd teeth out they sent me home with a bottle Hydrocodone and I took one as instructed right when I got home and never took another. I don't like messing with that stuff anyway, but it really didn't hurt that bad to me.

Chronic pain I can cope with but when it's acute pain from a sudden injury I am a big softie! I had years and year of back pain, but took painkillers, had a steroid injection and tried to carry on with life. After 7 years of increasing pain in my shoulder, many painkillers and steroid injections again, I had surgical removal of calcium deposits and bony spurs. However if I trap my fingers or fall over I am a wreck. I figure it's the shock of instant pain, rather than the slowly increasing pain of chronic conditions.

I can handle quite a bit of pain and usually tough my way through injuries unless I simply cannot function otherwise. The same goes with illness, although 2020 has made me paranoid about that.

I have a high threshold and usually wait too long to seek medical attention. I am not a big fan of prescription pain killers because, frankly, I don't usually need them. I have one doctor who I usually see annually and he greets me every time with some reference to the time I partially amputated my toe, didn't seek treatment until the next day (and then only because it was an open fracture and kept bleeding) and refused his prescription for oxy.

Refused Percocet after my c-section, walked on a shattered foot for a month, you name it....but don't you dare touch my eyes. I have to take valium and tramadol every time I have an eye procedure (but to my credit, I tolerate double the length of procedure time most of their patients do).

When I get a migraine, I push myself to carry on until I physically cannot. I’ve slugged through countless days at work and have been able to rally myself, but once was so bad I left my classroom in tears and drove straight to the ER.
I had one on a plane that was so bad, I was vomiting and writhing in agony. I felt so badly for the kid next to me. He still probably talks about the weird lady next to him on the plane.

^ This. I thought I'd chime in on this one because the use of Feverfew had me not experience another migraine again. However, it can not be used past 5 years (this was decades ago so I'm unfamiliar with now) and luckily for me that time frame carried me through to peri menopause where my hormonal migraine cause was naturally eliminated.

^ This. I thought I'd chime in on this one because the use of Feverfew had me not experience another migraine again. However, it can not be used past 5 years (this was decades ago so I'm unfamiliar with now) and luckily for me that time frame carried me through to peri menopause where my hormonal migraine cause was naturally eliminated.
I’ve tried Feverfew before but it’s worth trying again. Mine are totally hormonal. I’m 46 and lately they have been horrendous. I think I’m just starting peri menopause.

I had several broken bones as a result of the wreck but initially the worst were the broken ribs. Every breath was painful. The nerve damage from my broken leg was bad too and still gives me problems to this day.

A lot. I have migraine and IBS and am in a moderately high amount of pain several times a month. I can't just go lay down and hide when it hits, either. So, I just do my best to get through it.

I had a weird first labor. I had to get a shot to stop my contractions because they were too strong and too frequent (literally no break between them only an hour after my water broke) and my doctor was worried my uterus was going to rupture. The nurses said that they were surprised I hadn't passed out yet from the pain. I was hysterical and crying because I thought I was being a wimp, and they were reassuring me "this is NOT normal." So, I guess I can handle a lot of pain without passing out.

I have an extremely high pain tolerance level. I suffered from Endometriosis for years, and carried on working throughout. Yes, it hurt. But not enough to knock me on my butt. It takes a lot to do that. I have chronic gastritis, which can cause horrible pain. I had an attack a few weeks ago that lasted an entire day. But stuff had to be done. If I tell someone something hurts, it *really* hurts. If I tell someone something really hurts, it's probably a ten. When I broke my arm in two last year, I just sat there while the bones were re-aligned while everyone around me winced.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.
When I had both my girls I did it 100% naturally - no painkillers involved - I didn't want them.
Currently, my knees are bad and I need to have them both replaced - I still workout, coach my DD's softball team, practice with her one on one and do my best to live life like my knees are 100%.
In my personal opinion, when you submit to the pain, you start to feel worse, which effects you both physically and mentally.
I am 49 years old - I will not submit, not yet and hopefully not ever if I can help it.

I’ve tried Feverfew before but it’s worth trying again. Mine are totally hormonal. I’m 46 and lately they have been horrendous. I think I’m just starting peri menopause.

Yes, mine got worse too. I was offered an injection med, but could not tolerate it so that's when I started my research into herbals. Feverfew became my choice and lifesaver!

quite a bit back in October I managed to stand on a kitchen knife blade up (I know stupid) ended up with a cut 5cm long and 1/2cm deep but kept working

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter