How much time does it take to have lunch at BOG?

Bunnyma

Earning My Ears
We have a 2:30 reservation. How much time does it take to get in, eat a meal and get out? Planning to preorder. Thanks.

I showed up at 11:50 for a 12 noon reservation, had my pre-ordered soup and cupcake by 12:05 and was out at 12:20. The charm is in the decor, which you'll enjoy as you eat. The food is meh and the service is designed to be fast and impersonal. The cupcake is about half the size of those in the WDW bakeries and the soup was .5 cup of potato leek gruel. No crackers, no bread, not even a paper placemat.

We had an 11:35 adr and were probably done before 12:30. The food, like someone said, is really not that great, but the atmosphere is cool. If you want a quiet room sit in the room with belle and the beast dancing.

I will agree that the speed of the service will not likely be your issue.
Where I will disagree with seemingly everyone is how good the food is/was.
Wife and I were there last week. She had a turkey sandwich (boring) and the french onion soup and I had the braised pork and we split the grey stuff cupcake. First the soup. She dug in first and there was plenty of cheese on top but I quickly saw the problem that the soup looked so this and brothy, is that a word? I then tried it and the flavor, again in my opinion, was great. We kinda fought over the rest of it through the meal. On to her boring turkey sandwich and again I was pleasantly surprised by it not being dry and had some really good flavor. Then my meal which was a huge portion btw of braised pork and green beans and mashed potatoes. The pork was tender and full of flavor. There was no fat to cut off at all the the gravy was very good. There were a TON of green beans which I was fine with but I could not finish all of them, and I am a big guy. Then the mashed potatoes were amazing, I actually commented several times about how good they were, I wish I had more of them and less beans. The cupcake was ok. The cake was moist (sorry) but nothing exciting. The mousse on top was good but again nothing to write home about. I know we may not have the most sophisticated tastes in the world but it was a very pleasant surprise that it was that good after everyone saying how bad the food would be.
Hope your experience is like ours, enjoy!

Thanks for posting this. Our family has a late lunch ADR on a moderate 6/10 day at 1:50 and I know I’m cutting it close with having a 7DMT FP at 2:30. I can modify the FP but the earliest I can modify it is almost 4pm and I really don’t want to push it back that late. So my plan is to try to stalk and hunt for an earlier BoG ADR (between 1-1:30) to give me more breathing room but know that it may not happen. This won’t be our first visit to BoG so we know what to expect. We plan to pre-order, eat lunch, and high tail it to 7DMT first thing after we eat. Since our FP window ends at 3:29pm I am trying to be optimistic that if we check in 5 min early at 1:45 that we should hopefully be done with a preordered BoG lunch in less than an hour and a half.

Last edited:
You will be fine. We have found that lunch at BoG doesn't take much longer than a more traditional QS place. You will be able to eat your meal without being rushed and still have plenty of time to make your FP. Have fun!

You will be fine. We have found that lunch at BoG doesn't take much longer than a more traditional QS place. You will be able to eat your meal without being rushed and still have plenty of time to make your FP. Have fun!

Thanks, that’s what I thought. I could understand it being tricky if we were dining TS and if we hadn’t been there before not being familiar with the QS lunch Set up. We are definitely pre-ordering in advance. I know that it’s right by 7DMT so we would know to plan to go straight to 7DMT right after finishing eating.

No crackers, no bread, not even a paper placemat.
I'm :confused3. Is a placemat typical at a QS restaurant anywhere?
Good to know. I am going in with very low expectations. Thanks.
More :confused3. Why eat somewhere you don't expect - what? quality? food? service?
Since our FP window ends at 3:29pm I am trying to be optimistic that if we check in 5 min early at 1:45 that we should hopefully be done with a preordered BoG lunch in less than an hour and a half.
Still even more :confused3. With forty minutes between your ADR and your FP, and 99 minutes from the start of lunch to the end of the FP, is it typical anywhere for a counter service meal to take an hour and a half?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter