how much was your custom wedding?

I don't know how you guy's manged those prices. I am trying to do mine for 16K and no matter what I take off the prices are so high it does not go below 18K (original quote 27K).I am very frustrated because with everybody else's quote I fell like I am being jacked around. I have cut almost everything and my budget is still not working. Oh also I have 60 ppl

Did you include your photography and videography in that? Several people didn't include that in their BEO (I am assuming because they are using outside vendors). I know those are huge expenses for me!

Lets see if I can be of any help for everyone!

-Wedding Pavilion - 2343.00
-Floral - 3911.21 (This was double but we had to cut it down as much as possible, which I still find to be a ridiculous amount, but we were an in-park wedding therefore we had to use Disney floral)
-1 Limousine - 330
-2 motorcoaches for eight hours: 697 ea.
-Wedding cake + castle topper (150 ppl): 1943.00
-Bar (4 hours--package, premium and water and soda for some) - 4000.00
-pre reception items (passed) 2498.62
-Reception Venue rental - 3195.00
-2 chefs vendor, hot, meal: 40.00 (They ended up getting regular guest meals, though)
-Dinner: 6818.13
-DJ package: 1875.00 (This was supposed to be at 4400, but we were able to talk our way out of it)
-Magic Kingdom photo shoot: 800

Does not include:
-photography: 5000

We got married at the wedding pavilion at 7:30 p.m., had our pre-reception at the courtyard between the GMR and the sorcerer hat icon and our reception inside the Magic of Animation Building in Disney's MGM studios! It was an amazing wedding and other than going the complete opposite way and having an intimate, we wouldn't have done it any other way.

Our floral was much much higher like I mentioned, close to 6K when we first got it, but we worked with Disney a lot and cut corners on a lot of things to make it go down. For what we got from them (considering a lot of things were wrong) the price we paid was still way too much. I would suggest, if you can, to go with an outside florist. One thing though about the floral was that it was breathtaking....they really know how to do a good job!

We cut down on the bar and ending it an hour before the end of the ceremony and put a soda and water package out BOC. That cut a lot of costs considering how many people were left at 1:30 a.m. I would also suggest to look at your guest list and determine how big of drinkers your guests are. Overall, I think we should have gone with BOC because we paid close to 27 per person at the wedding (which a lot of them didn't touch a drink the entire night)

Our pre-reception/reception venue rental was a big chunk of our budget, but it was well worth it in the end--it included the character sketch class for all of our guests throughout the evening, which was amazing!

The DJ was originally going to cost us close to 4400 dollars because it was going to be outside in the park, but we moved some things around and ended up having the DJ inside which dropped the cost a little, but we still had to do some negotiating. They finally ended up letting us bring in a contracted outside (disney approved) DJ for 1875. We had DJ Scooter which was the best vendor, I think, we had! He was amazing

The Magic Kingdom photo shoot was 800 but was a waste for us as we didn't have any photos turn out good enough to purchase :( That was our fault though, we were just so tired and were not looking our best, to say the least!! :) lol!

The only other thing that wasn't included in Disney's budget was our photographer. She was one of the biggest chunks of our budget! We have some amazing photographs and I personally couldn't imagine have gone with our original photographer, she was just superb, so I'm glad we spent the extra cash for her!

I hope that helps someone! We cut our budget down tremendously, but it took some work! I think we cut it down to the lowest possible amount for what we were having and where we were having it! Disney is very willing to help you cut down so take advantage of your planner :)

ours is around 14k right now, including wp, limos, dessert party, living seas reception, masses of food, cake, stitch and mushu, and photography for 26 people

Mushumadness- is that £14k or $14k I'm having a similar wedding and having around 25 people so I am very interested on knowing how much if you dont mind

This thread has been soooooo helpful, I can't even tell you! I have been going back and forth between an intimate and a custom, mainly because of cost. My mom had it stuck in her head that a DFTW would cost at least 40K for 50 people. Now I have some ammo to go fightin' with. :rotfl:

This thread has been soooooo helpful, I can't even tell you! I have been going back and forth between an intimate and a custom, mainly because of cost. My mom had it stuck in her head that a DFTW would cost at least 40K for 50 people. Now I have some ammo to go fightin' with. :rotfl:

Glad we could help :goodvibes We were back and forth too for a long time, however, you have to consider that the intimates 'start' at $3000 (or whatever it is now.) We figured once we added in what we wanted to do, it would have been closer to $7000 which made us decide to just go with the custom :) Good luck on your decision, let us know!!

It's funny because Brian suggested an Intimate and said oh we can just add on stuff! I told him that by the time we do all that we could of had a custom and invited a few more people. My mom started giving me a hard time about costs about MY wedding when my brother was getting married. It will get interesting I am sure. Right now we are looking at September of 2008 so the prices will change but at least I have a good idea of all the hidden fees. She lives in Florida (2 hours from Orlando) so she might know other vendors or have friends that can help. She used to own a hair salon too.

About the MK photoshoot - are you paying for the JUST the photoshoot or the photos too?

And also, does anyone know, could you get an item off any menu in WDW at your reception?

Lets see if I can be of any help for everyone!

-Wedding Pavilion - 2343.00
-Floral - 3911.21 (This was double but we had to cut it down as much as possible, which I still find to be a ridiculous amount, but we were an in-park wedding therefore we had to use Disney floral)
-1 Limousine - 330
-2 motorcoaches for eight hours: 697 ea.
-Wedding cake + castle topper (150 ppl): 1943.00
-Bar (4 hours--package, premium and water and soda for some) - 4000.00
-pre reception items (passed) 2498.62
-Reception Venue rental - 3195.00
-2 chefs vendor, hot, meal: 40.00 (They ended up getting regular guest meals, though)
-Dinner: 6818.13
-DJ package: 1875.00 (This was supposed to be at 4400, but we were able to talk our way out of it)
-Magic Kingdom photo shoot: 800

Does not include:
-photography: 5000

We got married at the wedding pavilion at 7:30 p.m., had our pre-reception at the courtyard between the GMR and the sorcerer hat icon and our reception inside the Magic of Animation Building in Disney's MGM studios! It was an amazing wedding and other than going the complete opposite way and having an intimate, we wouldn't have done it any other way.

Our floral was much much higher like I mentioned, close to 6K when we first got it, but we worked with Disney a lot and cut corners on a lot of things to make it go down. For what we got from them (considering a lot of things were wrong) the price we paid was still way too much. I would suggest, if you can, to go with an outside florist. One thing though about the floral was that it was breathtaking....they really know how to do a good job!

We cut down on the bar and ending it an hour before the end of the ceremony and put a soda and water package out BOC. That cut a lot of costs considering how many people were left at 1:30 a.m. I would also suggest to look at your guest list and determine how big of drinkers your guests are. Overall, I think we should have gone with BOC because we paid close to 27 per person at the wedding (which a lot of them didn't touch a drink the entire night)

Our pre-reception/reception venue rental was a big chunk of our budget, but it was well worth it in the end--it included the character sketch class for all of our guests throughout the evening, which was amazing!

The DJ was originally going to cost us close to 4400 dollars because it was going to be outside in the park, but we moved some things around and ended up having the DJ inside which dropped the cost a little, but we still had to do some negotiating. They finally ended up letting us bring in a contracted outside (disney approved) DJ for 1875. We had DJ Scooter which was the best vendor, I think, we had! He was amazing

The Magic Kingdom photo shoot was 800 but was a waste for us as we didn't have any photos turn out good enough to purchase :( That was our fault though, we were just so tired and were not looking our best, to say the least!! :) lol!

The only other thing that wasn't included in Disney's budget was our photographer. She was one of the biggest chunks of our budget! We have some amazing photographs and I personally couldn't imagine have gone with our original photographer, she was just superb, so I'm glad we spent the extra cash for her!

I hope that helps someone! We cut our budget down tremendously, but it took some work! I think we cut it down to the lowest possible amount for what we were having and where we were having it! Disney is very willing to help you cut down so take advantage of your planner :)
Rustyflwr3 -- Thanks for the information! Very helpful! How many guests did you have?

I found this thread useful when I was trying to estimate costs, and I just got my initial BEO (yah!), so I thought I'd share. Some items also have 6.5% FL tax and/or a 20% service charge. I'll indicate when that's included or put (+ tax) or (+sc) after the base price.

Personal Floral
$85 (+ tax) - Bridal bouquet designed with light blue and dark blue delphinium. Wrap the stems 75% with 350 Royal Blue satin ribbon.
$57.50 (+ tax) - flower girl: light and dark blue delphinium petals in ivory Mickey basket.
$14.50 (+ tax) - flowers for groom and fathers: white dendrobium orchids with ivy, lily grass and 350 Royal Blue sating ribbon stem wrap (3 total).
$21.00 (+ tax) - flowers for mothers: light and dark blue delphinium with filler, greens and sheer ivory ribbon -- wrist corsage (2 total)
Total cost for "personal" floral: $228.00 ($242.82 with tax)

Ceremony decor
$150 ($159.75 with tax) - floral clusters of light and dark blue delphinium with greenery tied with white satin ribbon bows. Tie to the front two corners of the railings and one on each "exit door" of the black grating. 4 clusters @ $25 each, 4 clusters @ $12.50 each.

Reception decor
$12.50 (+ tax) - Place card table: scatter light and dark blue delphinium blooms on the place card table.
$34.00 (+ tax) - Cake table: 120" baby blue satin floor length linen
$31.00 (+ tax) - Cake table: 120" ice blue organza overlay
$12.00 (+ tax) - Cake table: swag cake table at 3 points
$5.00 (+ tax) - Cake table: scatter sea blue glass stones on table
Total: $94.50 ($100.64 with tax)

Adult table decor
$175 or $125 (+ tax) - Floral Centerpiece: 22" or 10.5" or 9" cylinder with blue water in the vase. Top with French floral ball of light blue hydrangea, light blue delphinium, white roses and white gerbera daisies.
$15 or $5 or $5 (+ tax) - rental of 22", 10.5", and 9" cylinders for centerpieces
$2.50 (+ tax) - shotglass votive candle: 6 per table ($15 per table)
$29.00 (+ tax) - 108" baby blue satin floor length linen for the existing rounds (tables in the Living Seas seat 6 guests each)
$20.00 (+ tax) - 90" round ice blue organza overlay
$16.00 (+ tax) - swag table at 4 points
Average price per adult table: $230.00 (total with tax for 12 tables: $2,939.40)

Kids table decor
$25.00 (+ tax) - Butcher paper and 3 packs of standard crayons
$55.00 (+ tax) - Centerpiece: 6 large lollipops and 3 straight swirl lollipops decorated with curly ribbon of various colors and arranged in foam covered with multi colored mylar paper in a galvanized bucket. (Priced for guests to keep.)
$4.50 (+ tax) - battery operated votive "candle": 3 per table ($13.50 per table)
$36.00 (+ tax) - 90x156" baby blue satin floor length linen for the existing square tables (the Living Seas has 2 square tables that seat 6 guests each.)
$40.00 (+ tax) - 2 90" round ice blue organza overlays
$16.00 (+ tax) - swag table at 4 points
Total: $185.50 per table ($395.12 for two tables, including tax)

Place settings
$11.75 (+ tax) - rental of silver beaded charger: 1 per adult ($913.50 for 73 adults, including tax)
$4.00 (+ tax) - ice blue satin napkin ghosts folded and tied with 350 Royal Blue satin ribbon in a bow: 1 per guest ($362.10 for 85 guests, including tax)
$6.00 (+ tax) - White chocolate rectangle place cards with dark blue writing and a silver mesh bow with the table number written under the Guest name: 1 per guest ($543.15 for 85 guests, including tax)

Floral delivery fee: $180.00. No tax added.
Cake floral: Tower of Roses cake -- use light blue Miami hydrangea instead of roses: $200 ($213.00 with tax)
Floral total, based on 85 guests, 12 adult tables, 2 kids tables: $6,049.48 including tax.

Ceremony costs
$1,500 (+ tax) - Ceremony location fee
$150.00 (+ tax, sc) - Powered Speaker Package: includes 2 speakers
$160.00 (+ tax, sc) - Wireless Microphone, Lavaliere: one for groom, possibly one for Officiant
$45.00 (+ tax, sc) - Audio Mixer, 4 Channel
$65.00 - Technician/Operator: Tech will assist with set and maintain audio, price is per hour.
Total including tax, service charges: $2,111.58

Photo/Videography
$2665 (+ tax) - Custom Wedding Photo Package, 6 hours coverage
$1600 (+ tax) - Custom Wedding Video Package, 6 hours coverage w/ 1 DVD copy
10% discount for Photo & Video for using both Disney services
Album Choice: Black/Digital Montage
Total including tax: $3838.50

Transportation/
$261.60 - Limousine for 3 hours, max 8 passengers
$87.20 - Charter bus for 1 hour. We're getting two, for 7 hours each. One is handicapped equipped and seats 47. The other seats 55.
Total: 1,482.40

Our Bar is bill-on-consumption (BOC), so our WP just listed some common (morning) beverages. These prices do not include tax and service charge:
$6.95 - spicy bloody mary
$7.95 - chilled mimosa (price per bottle?)
$9.00 - classic bellini
$7.95 - irish cream coffee
$7.75 - coffee and kahlua
$5.00 - domestic beer
$5.50 - imported beer
$3.75 - soft drink
$4.00 - bottled water
$6.00 - call brand cocktail
$3.75 - fruit juice
$6.25 - house wine

Food/Beverages per person
$8.50 (+ tax) - wedding cake
$100.00 (+ tax) - Bartender
$47.00 (+ tax, sc) - Adult brunch
$23.50 (+ tax, sc) - Child brunch
$13.95 (+ tax, sc) - Vendor meal (we'll have 3 for 2 photographers, 1 videographer)
$1.70 (+ tax) - Cake handling fee
$20.00 (+ tax, sc) - Adult beverages (my estimation based on above prices)
$15.00 (+ tax, sc) Child beverages (my estimation based on above prices)
So, for 73 adults, 12 children, my estimated total including tax and service charges is: $7,747.84.

My cake is the "Tower of Roses" with light blue hydrangea instead of roses. The top and bottom layers are chocolate cake with raspberry mousse. The middle layer is yellow cake with raspberry mousse.

And here's my menu, which is a modification of Tinker Bell's Brunch Buffet:
Pre-reception
Seasonal Fruit Display: fresh fruit and berries artistically presented on fruit skewers
Chilled deviled eggs
Regular and chocolate croissants

Reception
Oven Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
Hardwood Smoked Bacon
Maple Glazed Pork Sausage Links

Carving Station:
"Raleigh" deep-fried turkey breast
Beef Tenderloin
Warm bakery rolls, mustard, mayonnaise and butter

Omelete Station:
Eggs and Omelets (made-to-order) to include Assorted Cheeses, Ham, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Spinach, Salsa and Egg Substitute.

Waffle Station:
prepared-to-order with Caramelized Bananas, Chocolate Hazelnut, Fresh Fruit, served with whipped cream

Danish, Brioche, Cinnamon Buns, Rolls, Butter, and Jellies
Assorted Dessert Pastry Display

Fresh Orange Juice, Coffee and Teas

back to the costs...

Entertainment
$1780.00 - String Quartet (violin/violin/viola/cello), to play at ceremony, pre-reception, and start of reception, 3 hours total
$820.00 - Pianist to play at reception for 3 hours. Living Seas has a piano, so that isn't included in the cost. (In our BEO, this is listed as a 4 hour set, with an additional $175 for the last hour, but we don't need that. Our WP also lengthened the reception time by and hour, which we will be changing.)
$535.00 - Caricature artist for 80 guests, approximately 20 portraits per hour, 3 hour call time featuring 3 30-minute sets. We'll need 3 for 80 guests.
$800.00 - Donald Duck, in formal attire, will greet and entertain guests, sign autographs and take photos with guests during 30 minute call time.
Total Entertaiment: $5,005.00

Reception venue
$500.00 (+ tax) - $532.50 total.

So, our grand total, including all tax and service charges, right now for 73 adults, 12 children (8 aged 3-9 "count" as children) is $26,767.30

Great breakdown. As you are reading down it seems like so much money but when you get to the final total it seems doable. I am thinking of probably 50 to 60 people for a brunch also. This is a great help in planning.

Linda

I found this thread incredibly helpful and thought I would return the favor. This is the information I received on Friday, April 27, 2007 (just so you know how old the prices are in the future).

Estimated Event Budget

Cermony
Wedding Pavilion... $2662.50
1 Floral Moving Fees and Equipment... $25.00
1 Floral Wedding Package (see below for breakdown)... $2193.90
1 Limousine... $336.00
1 Motorcoach... $885.00
1 Handicap Motorcoach... $885.00

Pre-Reception
1 Venue Pkg. Living Seas Salon... $532.50
75 Hosted Bar - Call brand cocktails @ $6.00/each... $575.10
75 Custom Pre-Reception Menu @ $17.75/person (3 appetizers)... $1701.34
1 Fee Bartender $100.00/each... $106.50
1 Disc Jockey... $1285.00

Reception
225 Hosted Bar - Call brand cocktails @ $6.00/each (estimated 3/person)... $1725.30
3 Daisy Plated Children's Meal @ $19.95/person... $76.49
72 Custom Plated Dinner Menu @ $95.00/person... $8741.52
1 Custom Plated Dinner Menu - Diabetic @ $95.00/person... $121.41

Dessert Party
1 Venue Pkg. United Kingdom Lochside @ $250.00/each... $266.25
1 Venue Pkg. United Kingdom Terrace @ $250.00/each... $266.25
75 Illuminations Viewing Fee @ $12.50/person... $998.44
75 For the Child in You - MODIFIED MENU @ $25.00/person... $2396.25
1 Custom Wedding Photo Package (Non)... $350.00

Estimated program total: $26,129.75*

*Charges have yet to include the wedding cake price

Floral Proposal

Bridal Bouquet:
Round, French bouquet of white roses, freesia (with buds) and light accent of light green amaranthus. 75% ribbon wrap the faux stems in antique white satin. No bow. Cost: $275.00

Maid of Honor Bouquet:
Round, French bouquet of dark peonies, white peonies and light green amaranthus. 75% wrap the faux stems in bridesmaid's dress fabric (to be provided by bride). Pearl pin closures up the handle. Cost: $150.00

Bridesmaids Bouquet:
Same as the maid of honor. Cost: $150.00/each Quantity: 2

Flower Girl:
Dark pink rose flower wand with sheer cream ribbons. Mist with pixie dust. Cost: $25.00
Flower halo of dark pink spray roses, white waxflower and shear cream ribbon accents. Cost $70.00

Groom:
White freesia with buds, ruscus, wrap stem in antique white satin ribbon. Cost: $15.00

Best Man:
White rose, light green amaranthus accent, rucus, wrap stem in antique white satin ribbon. Cost: $15.00

Groomsmen:
Same as best man Cost: $15.00/each Quantity: 2

Fathers/Grandfather:
Same as best man Cost: $15.00/each Quantity: 3

Brides Mother:
White presentation rose, filler, ruscus and sheer cream ribbon accents. Cost: $20.00

Grooms Mother:
Same as bride's mother Cost: $20.00

Grandmothers:
Pin on corsage of white rose, light green amaranthus, ruscus, sheer cream ribbons. Cost: $25.00/each Quantity: 4

Hostess:
Same as grandmothers Cost: $25.00

Ceremony:
Option 1 - Altar arrangement of a long and low stylized arrangement of mixed coordinating floral. To include white roses, peonies, light green amaranthus. Mixed light green greenery. Cost: $225.00
Option 2 - (3) 6" cylinder vases filled with hand-tied mixed arrangements of white and light green floral with accents of lily grass inside of the vase. Space evenly across the altar. Cost: $55.00/each (reception charge)

Pre-reception:
(12) Accent conversation areas, bar, etc. with votive candles Cost: $2.50/each Quantity: 12

Dinner:
(7) 6" cylinder vases filled with hand-tied mixed arrangements of white and light green floral with accents of lily grass inside of the vase. Centerpieces for every other table. Cost: $55.00/each Quantity: 7
Remaining (7) tables to use existing Living Seas candle lamps Cost: $0.00
(7) Accent around each candle lamp with loose white and light green blooms Cost: $10.00/each Quantity: 7
(14) Accent each table with (3) votive candles Cost: $2.50/each Quantity: 42
Epcot to provide existing blue and green linens.

Cake:
Custom cake (see picture) - White roses, white freesia and light green dendrobium orchid blooms. Floral topper and an accent at the base of cake. Cost: $75.00
Accent the cake table with (6) votive candles. Cost: $2.50/each Quantity: 6

Subtotal: $2,060.00
FL Tax (6.5%): $133.90
Subtotal: $2,193.90
Move Fee: $25.00
Total floral cost: $2,218.90

KellyJo -- I noticed that you are doing LS and UK for the dessert reception. You might want to check your contract -- I think that they might waive the $275 venue fee for one of the locations of the dessert party if used in conjunction w/ the LS. I have not checked w/ DFTW to make sure, but it reads that way to me (paragraph 4h of my contract).

This thread has been a great help to me. I had no idea what the cost of my wedding would be, but now I at least have something to work with. Thanks to everyone that has posted budgets :thumbsup2

I'm getting married at DL, but with everything included, I'm looking at around 30k for my wedding.

Off-topic: I was wondering why everyone was choosing to have their bridal bouquet only wrapped 75%? If you rub your stems against your gown at all, it'll leave a stain (just like grass), so I for one am definitely wrapping mine 100%.

I'm getting married at DL, but with everything included, I'm looking at around 30k for my wedding.

Off-topic: I was wondering why everyone was choosing to have their bridal bouquet only wrapped 75%? If you rub your stems against your gown at all, it'll leave a stain (just like grass), so I for one am definitely wrapping mine 100%.

Most bouquets through Disney have a water source. The 'stems' you see sticking out at the end are faux stems so they won't stain your dress and your bouquet will be fresher through the day.

just had our first beo and we are looking at $17000, which is good, it doesnt include the picture though we booked randy chapman, or the flowers or dresses

KellyJo -- I noticed that you are doing LS and UK for the dessert reception. You might want to check your contract -- I think that they might waive the $275 venue fee for one of the locations of the dessert party if used in conjunction w/ the LS. I have not checked w/ DFTW to make sure, but it reads that way to me (paragraph 4h of my contract).

:cool1: :banana: :yay: Thank you so much for pointing that out! I think you just saved us some $$$. I pulled out our contract and saw that it says that the park rental fee is $275 but "$200 of this park venue rental will be waived if also using the Living Seas Salon for your reception." I owe you!! I'm talking to our EM tomorrow and am going to see what she says :)

:cool1: :banana: :yay: Thank you so much for pointing that out! I think you just saved us some $$$. I pulled out our contract and saw that it says that the park rental fee is $275 but "$200 of this park venue rental will be waived if also using the Living Seas Salon for your reception." I owe you!! I'm talking to our EM tomorrow and am going to see what she says :)

Glad I could help! Let me know what they say -- we have the same locations!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter