How much would you pay for a SWL ride?

They already do $50/person/day for 3 club level (plus earlier window for all your passes) and a minimum of 3 days.

I could see a “Batuu Express” package for $50-$75 person that includes FP for both rides and a snack or drink credit.

I think they will also continue to offer EMM, but maybe now it’s SWGE or TSL on alternate days. And they will raise the price of DAH.

Exactly!!!

I don't see them going as high as $100 per ride but i can see a $25-$50 range for each ride. I can totally see Disney give out this option.

I would imagine they would have to keep SWGE open longer during the day to fit in these "paid FP+". I dont know how it would interfere with regular FP+. I guess they will have a computer program figure all that out.

$25 is way too low, too many people would pay that. They don’t have the supply for that demand. Even $50 would be incredibly popular. I really think $100 is the beginning of where people would start stepping back.

Animal Kingdom currently charges $250 for what is essentially a Flight of Passage fastpass with some other stuff attached. Supply for that isn’t quite as high, so that’s why I’m guessing lower the price, and cut all the other stuff, and spread to more people. A clean $100 gets you one ride, it’ll sell well. And it keeps the club level price still desirable. Then as demand decreases, start the 2 ride bundle for only $150.

I could see them going for $500 if they just cut the supply down and tossed in both rides, a meal, and some other stuff like a lightsaber.

They have enough demand to run over a hundred VIP tours a day (sometimes hundreds) and those run in the thousands.

$25 is way too low, too many people would pay that. They don’t have the supply for that demand. Even $50 would be incredibly popular. I really think $100 is the beginning of where people would start stepping back.

Animal Kingdom currently charges $250 for what is essentially a Flight of Passage fastpass with some other stuff attached. Supply for that isn’t quite as high, so that’s why I’m guessing lower the price, and cut all the other stuff, and spread to more people. A clean $100 gets you one ride, it’ll sell well. And it keeps the club level price still desirable. Then as demand decreases, start the 2 ride bundle for only $150.

I could see them going for $500 if they just cut the supply down and tossed in both rides, a meal, and some other stuff like a lightsaber.

They have enough demand to run over a hundred VIP tours a day (sometimes hundreds) and those run in the thousands.

I think if they are going to charge that high price they won't put any restrictions on it. Like 3 night min stay or anything like that. It will be $100 per ride no strings attached on the day you want.

Oh I definitely think they do a SWGE tour at some point. I think the tour, 2 FP, a droid or lightsaber, and a snack (not a full meal) for $750/person.

Edit: the 2 FP would be during the tour, not in addition. Tour would be 2-3 hours total.

If they keep FP tiered, I could see an upgrade to FPs for your whole trip - essentially charge me $100 to not have to deal with tiers and book at 70 days or something. (77 would theme it.) Make it a little worse than the club level ones. It'd at least let you book both SW attractions.

What do they charge for that VR experience in Disney Springs? $30-40? They must be considering that as they plan this.

If they keep FP tiered, I could see an upgrade to FPs for your whole trip - essentially charge me $100 to not have to deal with tiers and book at 70 days or something. (77 would theme it.) Make it a little worse than the club level ones. It'd at least let you book both SW attractions.

What do they charge for that VR experience in Disney Springs? $30-40? They must be considering that as they plan this.
The VR is $33/person online (including processing fee) and I think $35/person if you show up without a reservation.

I honestly hate threads like this. I feel just talking about it gives them enough hope they could sell these things for who knows what.

But to answer the question, I take my family down to WDW about once or twice a year for the past 10 years. We normally plan to go and see the new things. If there is nothing new, I feel we can just wait a bit longer to go the next time. We are planning to hit star wars land the summer after opening. So if I start reading reports that there are no FP+ for visitors looking at 60+5/6/7. We will just not go. I am not going to pay $100 per person to ride a single ride. And this is coming from a person that planned trips around SWW the last 2 years it was around because we happened to hit it the previous year and had so much fun. We are not star wars super fans but we are fans and enjoy star wars entertainment.

While I never got the chance to do EMM or DAH on my last trip...I'm willing to admit they are the best options out there to get what you want done when you only have a short time to be there. Not everyone family can do a week long trip. As for FP+ and Extra Magic Hours...these perks are losing their value as more Disney hotels are being built (forcing more competition for said perks) and it's even worse since they're allowing non-Disney hotels to book at the 60 day mark. The entire FP+ system is just broken and needs a complete overhaul IMO.

I almost think that Disneyland's Maxpass works better cause at least you don't have to compete for FPs until you get there and can only get them one at a time (no having to worry about FPs running out weeks in advance or stupid Tiers).

While I know DHS has the EMM/DAH for Toy Story Land, I could see them doing a separate one for SWGE at a higher price and running independently. This would require roping up the way between TSL and SWGE to keep people away people who didn't pay for the SWGE one. Or just having them on separate nights.

I am assuming there will be a package instead of a pure upcharge for FP. Combine the FP with a meal or snack credit and a droid or lightsaber for set amount. (They would be brilliant to set up one package for one ride with the droid and another for the other ride with the lightsaber.) I doubt Disney will need to worry about their occupancy rates but if they market it as dining package that 180+10 might be invauable because I could see something like this selling extremely well. $150-$250 per ride if it came with a lightsaber or droid as well as a meal would probably sell well.

I think it's sad that so many people are willing to pay just whatever. I think the price of tickets is high enough that it should cover whatever is in the parks, without having to pay an upgrade to avoid the pauper's 6 hour line. All along we've been writing off big price increases on tickets, switch to day centric pricing on tickets, a 50% increase in MaxPass.... to the fact that SWL was coming. Now it appears they might need more. Honestly, I'm close to being done with all of it. I really hope this is wrong.

Next thing you know Disney will start requiring tickets for every ride ... perhaps different coupons based on the thrill level/popularity of the ride - each with a different cost. Let's say they label them as A-E tickets and perhaps sell them in a booklet and then let you buy more of what you want

I waited 2 1/2 hours in line for Space Mountain, ticket book in hand, the year it opened. I think people like to forget, there were always lines at Disney World, and there were always extra things you could choose to pay for.

I think it's sad that so many people are willing to pay just whatever. I think the price of tickets is high enough that it should cover whatever is in the parks, without having to pay an upgrade to avoid the pauper's 6 hour line. All along we've been writing off big price increases on tickets, switch to day centric pricing on tickets, a 50% increase in MaxPass.... to the fact that SWL was coming. Now it appears they might need more. Honestly, I'm close to being done with all of it. I really hope this is wrong.
Unfortunately, for every person to be fed up with this, there are 5 ready to pony up and take there place. Especially when it comes to Star Wars.

I personally would opt for DAH instead of FP. Rather be in a less crowded land and enjoy the land and the rides. It also replaces the cost of a regular park admission, so not exactly a add-on.

We already pay for @ least one upcharge type thing per WDW visit in the $200+ per person range, so if they offer something like they did for Pandora during our next visit in early 2020, we’ll do that and skip V&A.

Unfortunately, for every person to be fed up with this, there are 5 ready to pony up and take there place. Especially when it comes to Star Wars.

I personally would opt for DAH instead of FP. Rather be in a less crowded land and enjoy the land and the rides. It also replaces the cost of a regular park admission, so not exactly a add-on.
Oh, I'm quite sure they wouldn't miss me. And that's the first time I've said that. For a while after SWL opens they can get away with all sorts of nonsense.

I waited 2 1/2 hours in line for Space Mountain, ticket book in hand, the year it opened. I think people like to forget, there were always lines at Disney World, and there were always extra things you could choose to pay for.

Not saying it hasn’t gotten much more crowded and much more expensive but not like it used to be empty and free or anything

And from day one people who could afford more tickets could ride me rides

When your product, a seat on a ride, has far more demand than supply, what is the best way to bring supply/demand into equilibrium? You charge more until you find the balance.

One way to "charge" is through time. You "pay" by waiting in line. Disney doesn't want anyone to have to wait in line. When you are waiting in line you are not shopping, eating or having fun. People who aren't having fun aren't spending money, they are only spending "time," which is the park admission. If you pay $100 to enter the park, and wait in line so long you can only ride once, you are paying a hefty amount for that ride.

In a way, Disney had it right with the old ticket model for rationing rides. People thought long and hard about what ride they were going on. I was very young, but I remember those ticket books. It was also cheaper to enter the park. You could just enjoy walking around without paying for rides you didn't want.

If you charge, people would be less likely to repeat ride, freeing up slots. People who pay would "really, really" want to go, not just do it to impress their friends.

Currently, because all rides cost the same, popular and unpopular, people stampede for the same "it" attraction. The scarcity of ride slots makes people just want to ride more and more. Some good old economics could help.

When your product, a seat on a ride, has far more demand than supply, what is the best way to bring supply/demand into equilibrium? You charge more until you find the balance.

One way to "charge" is through time. You "pay" by waiting in line. Disney doesn't want anyone to have to wait in line. When you are waiting in line you are not shopping, eating or having fun. People who aren't having fun aren't spending money, they are only spending "time," which is the park admission. If you pay $100 to enter the park, and wait in line so long you can only ride once, you are paying a hefty amount for that ride.

In a way, Disney had it right with the old ticket model for rationing rides. People thought long and hard about what ride they were going on. I was very young, but I remember those ticket books. It was also cheaper to enter the park. You could just enjoy walking around without paying for rides you didn't want.

If you charge, people would be less likely to repeat ride, freeing up slots. People who pay would "really, really" want to go, not just do it to impress their friends.

Currently, because all rides cost the same, popular and unpopular, people stampede for the same "it" attraction. The scarcity of ride slots makes people just want to ride more and more. Some good old economics could help.
I gave your post a "like" because it's well written and I agree with it, all except for one thing. I can't imagine anyone riding something "to impress their friends". That sounds ridiculous to me and I sincerely hope it's not a thing people do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter