How old is your car?

Van 2008 Toyota 154,000 miles. No plan to get anything else.

Dh 2013 Toyota 100,000 miles

Ds21 2008 civic 164,000 miles

Ds19 Hyundai Santa Fe 2008 200,000 miles

Dd16 accord 2002 156,000 miles

All paid for

My baby will be 5 on June 30th. She's been wonderful so far but starting to get a little expensive...!

ETA: She's a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop. 70,000 miles.

I drive a 2014 Kia Sedona
Husband drives a 2015 Kia Rio

I love my van. I hate my husband’s car. If I have to drive it for anything I whine and complain and act like I am suffering a slow painful death till I get my baby back. :rotfl:

Me: 2013 Toyota Highlander
DH: 2007 Honda Ridgeline
DD17: 2006 Hyundai Sonata

We tend to keep our vehicles a long time and often buy used. Both the Ridgeline and the Sonata were used. The Highlander was new, but on closeout and we got a really good deal; it replaced a 2003 Odyssey that we bought used in 2006. It was totalled in an accident or we would have kept it longer.

2005 Chevy Tahoe 70,000 Miles on it. Will be driving her for quite some time I think. I had the stereo replaced with one that had Apple Car Play two years ago and a back up camera installed last year. I’m having issues with the power seat on the driver’s side but according to YouTube University it’s an easy fix. Otherwise, it’s in really good shape. I’d like to add blindspot cameras eventually.

Up until two weeks ago, DH was driving a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. It was to the point we were putting more into it than it was worth. Now he drives a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500. We went as basic as we could. Rear camera was part of that. Went and had a nice stereo system installed. Could have added a bunch of modern tech but that’s not his thing.

For what it’s worth it cost maybe $150 with labor to get a rear camera installed. I had a deck that could be used with one though.
Wait... I can get a radio with Car Play installed?? Is that for any vehicle, or only certain ones?

Until s year ago I was driving a 2004 Saturn Vue. I loved it, but it got to the point that maintenance and repairs were more than it was worth. Now I drive a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country. I am pretty happy with it, except for how the phone works with it. For calls it is fine, but for google maps, it is very inconsistent. The voice will sometimes play through, but often not, and since the phone is in the car the voice won’t play through the phone.

7 years old. When I was working I drove a new car every other year. But since I retired and no longer drive it’s crazy to buy a new car. I do miss a new one!

Wait... I can get a radio with Car Play installed?? Is that for any vehicle, or only certain ones?

Unfortunately it’s only for certain cars, certain years right now. If you go to their site it will break it down

Oh and 2015 Camry

Yes. You need to go to an Audio place to do it. Any vehicle as long as they have or can order the harness to install it. Kenwood and JVC will have it. We had Kenwoods put in our vehicles. My advice is not to go to a place like Best Buy, go to a real audio installer.
Unfortunately it’s only for certain cars, certain years right now. If you go to their site it will break it down

Oh and 2015 Camry
That’s factory installed off the lot. You can go to any Car Stereo and Audio place, pick one out and have it put in. Any vehicle.

We have 4 vehicles. The newest one is a 2009. That's my van that has brake problems right now so I'm driving a 2007 HHR, which has heater problems. My husbands truck is a 2004, I think. And my dd's is a 2005 Vibe which has a/c problems. Though they all are old and have some problems I am very grateful that I have all of these and they are so old they are paid off :):) First time in my life I've not had a car payment.

Yes. You need to go to an Audio place to do it. Any vehicle as long as they have or can order the harness to install it. Kenwood and JVC will have it. We had Kenwoods put in our vehicles. My advice is not to go to a place like Best Buy, go to a real audio installer.

That’s factory installed off the lot. You can go to any Car Stereo and Audio place, pick one out and have it put in. Any vehicle.

Thank you for that info it’s something I had been looking into but I guess I didn’t delve deep enough

I have a 2015 Audi that was brand new when i bought in 2016. I was able to take advantage of their desperation to sell it and got a good deal. It now has about 27,000 miles.

DH is driving a 2015 VW e-Golf that is a lease. It will be turned in to the dealer next month when his 2018 Tesla will be ready. We are just hoping the Tesla will be ready before the lease expiration date arrives or he might be car-less for a while.

Thank you for that info it’s something I had been looking into but I guess I didn’t delve deep enough
No problem. You can buy them and install yourself if you’re handy but you have to have a compatible harness which is why I suggest a real audio place. Best Buy put the wrong kind in my truck and it cost me a battery. After taking it back twice I ended up going to Audio Express to have them fix it.

My car is a 1999 Saturn SW with 200223 miles on it. I bought it in 1998, October, and it went to Spring Hill TN for Homecoming in 1999. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were the celebrity entertainers. It was a great experience. I have been very happy with my purchase.

2005 PT Cruiser and 2015 Kia Soul (first brand new car we've ever had). The Soul replaced a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan which was developing transmission issues AND had too much body rust to pass inspection. It's a symptom of living in the northeast, where in the winter they use salt to keep the roads safe. Sigh... Our CarGuy has told us that the Cruiser isn't going to pass inspection unless we do about $3K of body work before November. It's a dilemma, for sure, as the Cruiser doesn't get great gas mileage and has several "expensive" repairs ($600 range, each) to be made. We are thinking of driving it until it either (a) dies or (b) doesn't pass inspections.

Me 2010 Chevy Cobalt with 140000 miles on it, DH a 96 Jeep with 205000 miles. His last vehicle was a 96 Tahoe with 3080000 he got the "new" 96 Jeep 4 years ago for $900 when the computer went out on the Tahoe. We have never had a car that died prior to 200k. I will buy a new car in spring and he will inherit the Cobalt.

2015 gmc arcadia.. got it this year.
Love this car

2001 f150 Harley Davidson edition.
Husband had to fly halfway cross county. But they are so rare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter