How on Earth do you pick park days?

We leave Saturday for 9 nights. Split stay at AKL and Boardwalk. Rented DVC points. First deciding factor was which hotel we were in. Maximizing Epcot and HS back end of this trip as we can walk. Next cross reference the 3 crowd calendar predictors we like. Only doing 3 ADRs. So that made it easy. Then book fast passes based on what park we know we will be at. Not let them dictate Park choice

We always try to start and finish our trip at the MK. After that, my first rule is to avoid whichever park has morning EMH, since we don't do rope drop and we'd be arriving in the morning at an even more crowded park. If there are special events going on (MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.), I would generally look to do the MK on those days as well, as most guests with a 1-day ticket aren't going to use it at MK when it closes at 6pm. We want to make sure each park gets a dedicated morning as well, since we usually aim for morning FP+s. With those few rules, the schedule usually falls into place pretty easily. If in doubt, I might look at a crowd calendar to help decide.

Exactly what I do. I like split stays because of this. Easy to decide which park.

I'm really struggling this year. Normally we just go to the park with morning EMH and hop to whatever park we feel like going to later. However, we usually just do QS with no extras so it's easy.

This year we have some ADRs and MVMCP. We will have APs. Help me pick park days!!!!

December 4th - 12:30 arrival.
Likey go to DS to upgrade to APs and eat at Raglan Road. We aren't huge DS people, so figured we'd spend some time on a partial day here. Epcot has late EMH so we will prob hop over there for a trip around WS at night

December 5th - ????
No ADRs scheduled

December 6th - MVMCP, BOG lunch
We are two 30 y/o adults so we will prob go to MK pretty early. Thinking about starting the morning in another park but can't decide

December 7th - Sanaa lunch OR Ohana dinner (we have both, but will cancel one as soon as we figure out park days)
I'm thinking we should do AK this day? But EMH is the next day at AK.

December 8th - Again, Sanaa lunch or Ohana dinner.
Can't decide on a park. We could do AK this day instead, but our Ohana reservation is at a better time on this day. It seems like hopping to Sanaa from AK is easiest ???

December 9th - Akershus PPO
Epcot (however willing to change this if park hours change)

December 10th 530 flight
Probably a morning at whatever park we didn't do enough at

We could do HS the 5th, but it seems early in the trip if we want to try for SDD. Again, I'm really only looking for what park we should start at. We have no problems hopping later in the day if/when we feel like it.

I feel like this is way harder for me than it usually is and I don't know why!!

I think not relying on EMH is really throwing me for a loop.

FWIW, we are going in April 2019 as well. So missing something isn't a huge deal, but we are participating in the Star Wars half, so park time won't be as gogogo as normal
We include EMH and special events in our decision making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter