How scary is Crush?

Li-sa

Mouseketeer
Crush is one of the rides that I thought my 10 yr old dd (who is pretty fearless) would enjoy, but a friend warned me last week that it was the scariest ride she's ever been on and that I should avoid it.
I've watched the clips on you tube, but as it's dark, you can't really tell what the ride does.

So...how scary is it and what does it do?

I found once it going it was pretty scary to be honest, but because it is new and the way it is designed the ride is very smooth, its great fun though, I loved it the second time!:rotfl2:

It's scarier than Big Thunder Mountain! But not as bad as tower of terror, space mountain or rock'n'rollercoaster.

Great fun though :goodvibes:

If you have been to Alton Towers and have ridden Spinball Whizzer it is like that but in the dark. It is a spinning rollercoaster, doesn't go too fast, doesn't go upside down but the spinning the dark is dissorientating. I personally love the ride.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I've been to Alton Towers, and although I haven't been on the Spinball ride, I did see it, so have now got a much better idea of what Crush would be like :eek:

I was a bit apprehensive the first time but I actually didn't find it at all scary. I enjoyed it more the second time but am still not sure whether or not I really like it but that is due to the spinning.

Hope you ride it and enjoy it. :)

i went on it on tuesday. my 10 year old loves it he first went on it last year. i wasnt too sure about it but the more i think about it the more i liked it and wished i had gone on it again. My 6 year old daughter screamed all the way round but told me today she "sort of liked it"

My dd2 doesn't like fast, spinny rides, so maybe dd1 and I will brave it and see how we get on!

I didn't want to go initially, as things that spin usually make me queasy. I went on to appease my 4 year old and 9 year old - and we all loved it! A thrilling ride that doesn't bash your head about or go upside down.:thumbsup2

on our 1st trip i watched the clips of crush from the hotel tv '10 things to do...'. It was going slowly and they were watching lovely nemo pictures on that clip!!!Managed to persuade ds 8 to go on it which he reluctantly did for me as he doesn't do coasters.

Needless to say, we never did it again either on that trip or our subsequant one a few weeks ago! I felt sick for the rest of the afternoon and he screamed and cried all the way round.

Anyway, the lesson is...don't take any notice of the '10 things to do at dlp crush clip'!!:badpc:

It's WAY TOO SCARY to me!!
It's the only ride i have been just once and no way i am going again.
TOT is a walk compared to Crush lol

BTW i am ok on RnR and Space Mountain!!!

aww i dont think its that scary!!
i laughed through the whole ride so hard!! all that spinning around and those sudden drops really got to me (in a good way) lets just say its quite babyish next to space mountain and tower of terror. iwouldnt miss it if i were you its good fun

i know you've said you can't see the proper video of the ride because it's in the dark. if you type Crush's Coaster RCT3 on youtube you will get to see recreations from the RCT program :)

Let's put it this way: I normally never scream on rides. I love Rock n Rollercoaster and Spacemountain. I hate Tower of Terror, but still did not scream. On Crush's Coaster I screamed most of the way round. I found this very disorientating and scary.

dolphingirl47

We really enjoyed it- liked that it was smooth and found it was easiest to go with the flow. The movement went really well with the ocean theme, and I don't find it as intense as some of the other big rides, but was fun enough that we'll work out our "Crush plan" for our next trip. We did queue for ages the first time, so were all footsore, grumpy and verging on the dark side when it came time to go on, but we all emerged in fits of giggles. :rotfl: We save our last morning for repeating favourite things, and Crush was high on the list last trip.

A tip - Even on days when we walked onto every other ride in both parks, crush was still 50 minutes in the mornings we were there, by 5 o'clock though it was down to 15 minutes, so wait till later on in the day, when people tend to head over to MK i think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter