How Special Is WDW To You

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I was just thinking why I go to Disney World each year, instead of going to other places.

I think going to WDW is for relaxing and just being a big ol' kid, no matter what your age is. It's checking all your stress and worries at the gate. It's getting so giddy and excited when you go under the arch at the Magic Kingdom. :hyper: It's running around and having your picture taken with as many characters as possible. :earboy2: It's going to your favorite attractions over and over again. It's enjoying a Mickey ice cream, while waiting for a parade to start. :mickeybar It's strolling down Main Street early in the morning, listening to the music playing softly in the background and just soaking everything in. It's eating the warm chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from the Sleepy Hollow while looking over the castle's reflection in the water. It's being with family or friends and watching Wishes. :grouphug: It's watching the fountains dance at EPCOT. It's just having fun and enjoying the company of others. It's wandering around World Showcase and really taking everything in.

For the most part, it's that special spark of happiness that occurs while you are there.
:goodvibes :jumping1:

It's a bunch of days away from work and the world and spending every minute with my DW & DD with no worries.

It's Hakuna Matata!

WDW is special to me because it holds so many magical memories from my childhood. And what's so wonderful is that the place is still so very magical!

Where else on the PLANET can I relive my childhood?

I'd pay twice the price and call it a bargin! (shhhh...don't tell Eisner!)

All the best memories from my childhood were when I was at WDW. And I can't wait to share that experience with daughter. :love:

Every time I tell my co-workers I'm planning a vacation they always say "Where ya goin'?, oh never mind let me guess ...Disney World...! Don't you ever get tired of that? Go to the beach, go to the mountains, just do something DIFFERENT!!"

So I tried this summer I even went as far as looking at hotels on "the beach". My heart wasn't in it. Finally DH says you KNOW what makes you and DD happy, so just arrange it!!!

I can't explain it to other people - you guys know EXACTLY what I mean - it's something that draws you back, brings back your childhood and makes you feel like a kid again. Getting to share that with your children now and seeing the "magic" in their eyes, too! No beach can give me that!!!

That's why I come to the DIS - I'm among friends who understand and feel the same way. OK everybody GROUP HUG!!!
:grouphug:

it is special to me because i get to relive the memory of my dh proposing to me in front of the castle on sept 8, 2001 :teeth:

it's so special to us we bought dvc last fall so we can make it just as special to ds (2) and dd (due in sept.)

I've been going to WDW since I was 9 or 10, and have been taking my own family since my oldest DD was 8 mos. (Now she's 16.) It's the only place we can all go that everyone gets to do the things they like! We are going back in Aug. for the first time in almost 4 years. I can't wait to get there, only 59 more days!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave:

When people say, "You're going to Disney World again??", my response is, Disney World is the only place where all 4 of us can do exactly what we want to do, eat at places we love to eat, see the things we love to see and feel like we're in a whole different world. We could take vacations at different places, but family vacations to us mean each person is having a wonderful time at a place they want to be, that's Disney World!! Some people just don't get it, poor souls!!:p

:D

It's what everyone else has already said and so much more. It's a way of life in some aspects for me. I mean, I can't really escape Disney. I have Mickey Mouse tattooed on my arm! I can escape the from the outside world from time to time and visit my "happy place" but I can never escape Disney nor do I want to. From the movies to the parks to the resorts, I have only good thoughts and memories of Disney and I will only make more in the future.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

I love Disney too. I remember going every year, the same week every year, when I was a child and how much I loved it and how all my friends thought that was soo cool that I did that.

Now as a parent, I want to do that for my kids, give them the same expirence I had as a kid :)

I never got to go to WDW when I was a child so I'm making up for it now and making sure my children get to enjoy the experience as much as we can possibly afford to bring them. I like to visit other places but it's just not the same as WDW. There's so much to do and see, more variety than you can get anywheres else you go. :flower1:

Cindy

What does it mean to me?? It means that no matter if the weather is crummy, it could never bring our spirits down--It means that at least once a day, something adorable that I will witness there will leave me misty-eyed--It means that for a whole week my kids dont fight with eachother- IT means something that most people in my life just dont understand, and never will, and that's OK with me!:)

These are great everyone!!!

I get made fun of at work too, but who cares. I am now known in my office as the "Official Disney Person", so people planning on going are coming to me looking for advice as to where to stay, what to see, where to eat, etc.

Its special to me because my family have so many awesome memories from Disney and Florida. I always enjoy going there. This winter its going to be California!

I never got to go to WDW as a child. The first time we went I was 24 and our DD was 2. Let me tell you...the first time she saw Mickey Mouse (in a parade), and she recognized him...it was all I could do not to blubber all over the people next to us!!

Dec 2002 we took our boys for the first time and it was just as magical. We are planning our next trip for Christmas 2005.
Just can't afford to do it this Christmas, kids are disappointed, but we will get there and have just as much fun!!!

Lisajl

It means my little girl will still believe in magic just a little while longer, and I get to keep her all to myself before she grows up.
It means I can see the wonder through her eyes, and forget the rest of the world for a while.
It means I can walk with my wife hand-in-hand, and still feel like we did on our first date when we were 15 years old.

It means that as soon as I drive under that big "Walt Disney World" sign, I turn into a 5 year old all over again. I have just as much fun if not more than my kids whenever we're there. I have so many different memories from visiting and working during the college program. Like another poster said, they are ALL happy.
Besides my family, there is nothing else that brings me as much joy. My DH calls it escapism, I call it the fountain of youth!!!

Going to WDW is almost like going home - a warm comfortable place where everyone is nice to you and there is always good food. You feel your kids are safe and everyone wants to have fun with them. You feel that even though you never have seen most of the CM's before you almost feel as if you know them because you are comfortable with them. WDW is almost home away from home!!!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

A complete escape from reality...In 1993 I came home from Somalia (I was a Marine 1987-1993) and it was one of the first places I went on vacation. Somalia was hell on earth and going to WDW made me feel like the world wasn't such a bad place after all. Now I love going with my DGF... she shares my enthusiasm for the place and we get to be completely alone together for the week that we are there...awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter