How Strict Are You With Social Distancing?

But if the county with an uptick is 3 hours away from you, chances are not likely that you'll get infected. We are not Lake of the Ozarks or big public beaches in Florida.

Our county of 250,000 people had nine cases last week total. My county compromises 976 square miles. Chances are pretty good that I've not been near those 9 people.

OMG that is not the point that your county has low cases. So if someone from FL or Ozarks travels to your state - no problem. The point is when state opens fully or partially up the virus is now open to travel. Do you think everyone on those beaches & Ozarks where only from there?

You take that chance, not taking any chances here. I value my loved ones too much.

My county has 976 cases only 10 in my town, still distancing & masking - I am not a fool to think this is over by along shot.

OMG that is not the point that your county has low cases. So if someone from FL or Ozarks travels to your state - no problem. The point is when state opens fully or partially up the virus is now open to travel. Do you think everyone on those beaches & Ozarks where only from there?

You take that chance, not taking any chances here. I value my loved ones too much.

My county has 976 cases only 10 in my town, still distancing & masking - I am not a fool to think this is over by along shot.
That’s right. And I know people who say they don’t watch the news anymore. All that does is make you oblivious to what is happening around you.

Last edited:
Please remember what we see on the media is not what "everyone" is doing. I believe most persons are consciously doing what is right: wearing masks while shopping and social distancing. Visiting with a friend is good. I just invited a friend over on Memorial Day. WE sat outside on my patio and talked for 2 hours. I wish her husband would have joined us, but he has MS, is on a drug therapy and decided it was in his best interest to stay home. And this is why we all should consider our actions when out and about because it is about ALL of us, not just ONE.

I am in NE FL and very few are wearing masks anywhere now. We went to the Alligator Farm sunday in st augustine and it was packed, drove by the down area and also packed. At this point most people I know are over it and have moved on. The ones that are very worried are still staying home,

I am limiting my trips to the store to every other week. I am not socializing with those outside my home. I wear a mask when I’m outside, in public.

My state, California, has gone crazy with opening things. We went from a very logical cautious opening to letting too much open too soon without giving it time to see the effects.

As I have said on other threads. I will let others be the guinea pigs. I will continue to stay at home.

We've done pretty well with social distancing. I am working from home and DBF is currently unemployed. And we always wear a mask when in stores, hospitals, doctors offices, PT, etc.

I've seen my mom and grandma to give them some items they can't find at home. We talked in parking lot and no hugs. :(

We've also seen a friend of DBF's and his sister when they came to visit him after surgery. No hugs and kept distance as best as we could.

Over the weekend we did see some friends. A bunch of us were on their boat and the dock. No touching and kept distance as well as we could. It was the most people I've seen at once and it felt kind of weird, but nice. If felt almost normal! We were just friends hanging out and drinking on the boat/dock like we do almost every weekend in the summer.

We are staying home, grocery shopping every 10ish days and when we do go out for essentials, we wear our masks and stay at least 6 feet away from people. We aren't seeing other people and our outdoor activities only involve us.

From observing around our neighborhood, we're the only ones doing any of this. Kids are playing all over, people are having friends over for cookouts and fires and no social distancing going on at all.

I can't control peoples selfish behavior and lack of concern for others. I can only control what I'm doing, and that is being considerate and thinking of how my behavior may potentially affect others.

If you read my post I did not say FULLY OPENED.

Any uptick is too much if you are the one who gets infected. And if look at people gathering there is no social distancing, people will go right back to old habits. Do the people in FL & Ozarks look like the are distancing, masking, using hand sanitizer, washing hands etc....

Just so you know, if you go to the beaches in AL or MS (I have been to both on Sunday and Monday) they are, in fact, social distancing. There are a number of people there but each group was at least 10 ft apart. You can’t look at a picture from one place and attribute it to another.

No one was masked but it is the beach. You are outside in the wind, sunshine and heat.

I am still social distancing & masking. Just hearing the news that the states that pretty much have opened nearly fully now have a major uptick in Covid. Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, California and Arizona - really is worth your life or infecting loved ones to get a tan or haircut. Very very selfish to me.

If you have to work, as do I & DH, that is one thing but just because you are bored.

Again, your original post painted a broad brush over many states that have pockets of cases.

Your broad brush made it sound like the wild west and irresponsible behavior by everyone in each of these states. My responses were to show that it is not true in the entire state.

If you read any of my other posts, you will see that our family and close associates ARE indeed following all the social distancing protocols.

Very selfish to me that you have your opinion and others can not dispute it with what is actually happening in their area.

No one in my close contacts are doing anything risky or without taking precautions.

I am sure our life and precautions are much more like yours than different.

Peace.

I am still social distancing & masking. Just hearing the news that the states that pretty much have opened nearly fully now have a major uptick in Covid. Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, California and Arizona - really is worth your life or infecting loved ones to get a tan or haircut. Very very selfish to me.

If you have to work, as do I & DH, that is one thing but just because you are bored.

So I keep seeing this about FL. But we’re not opened fully (or nearly fully). We haven’t even gone into Phase 2 yet. We’ve opened retail and some services, but definitely not completely open.

Florida has been holding steady for weeks, our positive rate for testing is dropping, so being open so far hasn't caused a huge issue and hospitals are completely fine.

Also this. I no FL has been the joke of the internet for awhile now lol. Maybe it’s just where I am, but nothing here looks like the free for all other people keep telling me it is here 🤷‍♀️

100,000 people and the number still heading up is not nothing. We take it seriously- outdoors, separated if small group visits, those of my friends who still have to work frontline so at higher risk of transmitting to others have chosen to continue isolation with fam at home. I take the potential of transmitting it asymptomatically very seriously. Others around me in my neighborhood don't seem as concerned. So I strictly limit my own social movements so I can feel ok about careful driveway visits with close family. I'm just assuming that a lot of folks out there may potentially (unwittingly) be spreading this around,so I control the onlu thing I can,which is myself.

I understand the importance however I would rather die early then not live at all

The point is not just for yourself, to protect others also. Sigh. So I wear a mask whenever I'm in a store or come close to people. I know people who have died from it including two of my husband's aunts and a neighbor 2 houses away, so it's no joke.

Last edited:
Again, your original post painted a broad brush over many states that have pockets of cases.

Your broad brush made it sound like the wild west and irresponsible behavior by everyone in each of these states. My responses were to show that it is not true in the entire state.

If you read any of my other posts, you will see that our family and close associates ARE indeed following all the social distancing protocols.

Very selfish to me that you have your opinion and others can not dispute it with what is actually happening in their area.

No one in my close contacts are doing anything risky or without taking precautions.

I am sure our life and precautions are much more like yours than different.

Peace.

Last post here - you do know that is how this all started with small pockets that then spread - right?

With that no need to keep going round & round. I see it every day people acting stupid - parties in an apartment with 50 people - block parties with no masks - beach goers no distance & we are a state only in first week of phase one. People are stupid, alot will think - Good we're open. Phew virus gone.

Last post here - you do know that is how this all started with small pockets that then spread - right?

With that no need to keep going round & round. I see it every day people acting stupid - parties in an apartment with 50 people - block parties with no masks - beach goers no distance & we are a state only in first week of phase one. People are stupid, alot will think - Good we're open. Phew virus gone.
I remember our town’s first positive, we are now pushing 500 (and I know those who had it who were never tested).

If you read my post I did not say FULLY OPENED.
You actually said this:
Just hearing the news that the states that pretty much have opened nearly fully now
Which yes reads like how other posters read it hence their reactions/comments to you. Unless you've done the legwork into each of the states you've listed to see what is open or not open in each area (which also means taking into consideration if counties and cities have done stricter things) you would not necessarily know what "nearly fully" means.

Do you think everyone on those beaches & Ozarks where only from there?
Travel advisories/requests to quarantine have been issued for those who attended the pool parties but have you been to the Ozarks? It's huge. Just the main channel alone is over 90miles in total length and there are numerous "arms" off of there.

Pools parties such that were shown are NOT the only thing that occurs there contrary to popular belief. They were going to happen regardless because it was Memorial Day weekend (it doesn't take a restaurant to have a pool party). It does not however mean that every single person who visited did not keep in mind social distancing. Your point of travel and possible spread from place to place is a valid point for sure though.

We're still roughly the same as before.

While I haven't been to dine-in quite yet I am more comfortable patronizing, at this point, outside of curbside or delivery a place with sitting outdoors and ones that have space to space out the tables more. Because we haven't been within 6ft of our families (we have been together outside but more than 6ft distance) I think the first several times of dine-in whenever that occurs should just be my husband and I working up to eventually having that close contact with family. I have already said before that I'm not waiting for a vaccine to be in close contact with my mom but I'm just not there yet--so far still distance kept, outside only, no going inside home, and no sharing of food.

Both hubby and I wear masks when we go into stores. We have done FF take out and taken it home, unwrapped and nuked but have not been to a sit down restaurant yet. We go to the grocery store about every 3 weeks and never together so as not to crowd the stores. I go into the office once a week but I'm the only one in the building. If we talk to our neighbors while outside we stay 6 feet apart. I have not seen my son since mid-March, he works in a grocery store and doesn't want to expose me if he has been exposed. We are pulling our RV down to hubby's parent's house in south GA this weekend but have already told them we will not be doing hugs nor going into their house. We will stand 6 feet away from them and talk but that's it. They both have health problems, she has Lupus and he has had 2 major heart attacks. We do not want to be the ones to kill them. We are only going because hubby has to go to Albany to work there on Monday and we need to do some work on the RV, his parents have electric and water for us to hook up to so it is easier and on the way. The dog and I will stay in the RV while hubby works, taking walks in the RV park and staying away from people. The office he is going to work in only have 3 employees and they told him they spray Lysol on all surfaces every day. He will wear a mask the entire time he is in the office, wash his hands often and as soon as he steps in the RV will go directly to the bathroom and shower. (that last part is just because south Ga in June equals hotter than 7 levels of Hades and the man is a sweater). Other than the grocery store, we have been to Lowes, the dog and I stayed in the truck - hubby went in with a mask on. We went to Pet Smart and took the dog in. Hubby and I wore masks and didn't let anyone pet the dog and stayed 6 feet from people. I will (hopefully) be going to WDW in either Sept. or Oct. but will wear a mask if required and wash hands often.

I'm really over this whole thing. I don't know one, single person who had covid. My neighbors are all fine, healthy. I do wear a mask when I go out and about, but mainly because I don't want to be "that girl" My state CO is opening back up. I'm thrilled. We NEED to develop herd immunity and staying buckled up tight will never achieve that. Hospitals here are no where near "overwhelmed".

Last edited:
I have started going for longer walks again, as I feel more comfortable knowing that it's unlikely that any very brief unplanned closeness likely won't cause a problem. I still stay as far as I can from others, I will not pass them on the sidewalk, rather walk into the road or change course if I feel boxed in. Going out for things I need once or twice a week, usually two trips a few days apart, one for general stuff, a second for "heavy" stuff.

It was nice to get to a park this weekend, and see the river, and be able to do so by having a relaxing walk. It seems weekend mornings are still quiet and sparse, so I will be making more use of them. It was also nice to see most people outside with masks on, it makes the entire trip feel like an outing rather than a risk factory. It's also easier to avoid non-mask people when the majority have masks on. The only time I do not have a mask on outdoors is when I step onto my own porch for fresh air and I usually duck back inside if I see someone coming on the sidewalk.

Last edited:
I'm really over this whole thing. I don't know one, single person who had covid. My neighbors are all fine, healthy. I do wear a mask when I go out and about, but mainly because I don't want to be "that girl" My state CO is opening back up. I'm thrilled. We NEED to develop herd immunity and staying buckled up tight will never achieve that. Hospitals here are no where near "overwhelmed".

Really, I know three that have died and many that have had it but I live in NY. Trust me, this is no joke, you don't want to not take this seriously, and as far as herd immunity, that means people we know and love will die. We can develop herd immunity slower and with intelligence, not callous disregard for who it takes out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter