How to link sisinlaw to a couple dinner reservations w/o her having access to all our plans?

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
How do I add my sister-in-law (who is not staying in our room) to 2 of our dinner reservations on the Disney app or website without her then having access to my family’s plans for the entire trip? If I link her she will then know our every meal, show, & ride, right ?

I don’t want that.

Easiest way? Just add a new guest w/o a name to your ADR. She won't be linked so you can just send her a text or email giving her the details of the ADR.
I believe there's another way of doing it but I don't recall all the how tos.

Easiest way? Just add a new guest w/o a name to your ADR. She won't be linked so you can just send her a text or email giving her the details of the ADR.
I believe there's another way of doing it but I don't recall all the how tos.

This is also how I would do it, just because it’s easy and a sure thing.

I do think there is an option to only share plans that you are doing together, but not positive. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

Agree with the above - just add a random guest.

For an ADR it doesn't matter what names are listed just as long as the number of guests is correct. IMHO this isn't worth any extra time in DME - :)

There is a choice though, just FYI when linking that says show only shared plans.
I noticed that today. It says my plans are shared with all of my kids and my husband. If i add her without a name she won’t be able to see all of plans since I’m not using her name, right?

I noticed that today. It says my plans are shared with all of my kids and my husband. If i add her without a name she won’t be able to see all of plans since I’m not using her name, right?

I don't know what you mean about adding her without a name unless you're listing her in your dining without actually choosing her profile so she's just a dummy account that you have control of? I'm saying you can actually link with get real profile but just choose to only link shared plans and she will only see those things that she is listed on, not everything in your account

Again, just create a new guest with her name or one similar to hers and add that name to the reservation. Do nothing with that guest and it won't be linked to anything anywhere.

The restaurant doesn't care about anything but the number of guests.

Again, easy answer: Right. Don't add her name to the ADR just list her as a "Guest" and she will not be able to see the rest of your plans.

For those who missed the original question, OP, is talking about dining reservations/ADRs.

How do I add my sister-in-law (who is not staying in our room) to 2 of our dinner reservations on the Disney app or website without her then having access to my family’s plans for the entire trip? If I link her she will then know our every meal, show, & ride, right ?

I don’t want that.

I hear you! One trip, an old friend I hadn't seen in decades just happened to be there at the same time and we agree to meet for dinner the first night. I was horrified to find out they planned to spend the rest of our trips together at dinner that night! We spent the rest of the week avoiding calls and texts and looking over our shoulders like we were in the witness protection program! If they had gotten into our MDE I would have just blown off all of our reservations and fast passes. I wish you the very best of luck

I hear you! One trip, an old friend I hadn't seen in decades just happened to be there at the same time and we agree to meet for dinner the first night. I was horrified to find out they planned to spend the rest of our trips together at dinner that night! We spent the rest of the week avoiding calls and texts and looking over our shoulders like we were in the witness protection program! If they had gotten into our MDE I would have just blown off all of our reservations and fast passes. I wish you the very best of luck
It is nice going away with friends or relatives, but I also like some private family or couple time. Too much of a feeling being “conjoined” at the hip with others is not my cup of tea for the entire length of a vaca...”trying to please everyone” rarely works.8-)nice to just hang and enjoy our family Unit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter