• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to make glitter names!!!! It's easy once you know how!

MiakodaWDW

so happy to finally be a CM!
Okay I, like I'm sure many others that make the glitter names, have been flooded with requests to make them. although I certainly do not mind doing it (it only takes less than 2 mins since i have the steps memorized....once you do it a few times you will too!)

I wanted to post a thread on how to do it so anyone can make their own, or make them for others. Here are the step by step instructions for both making them, and posting them:

1. Go to this site: http://www.wtv-zone.com/Briggy/glitters/glitters.html and find the glitter colors you like. Save each one by right click on it and "save".

2. Then to make the name, go to http://www.flamingtext.com/fonts/ and find a font you want. Click the font. Then where it says "select style" (drop shadow will be in the box) change it to "PLAIN". In the text box, take out "flaming text" and put what you want the name to say. Then hit the "all options" button. All you need to do here is scroll down to where it says "transparent" and check the box. Then click "create logo". It will take a few seconds, then you will see the name. Right click on the name and save. REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAVE IT!

3. Then go here: http://www.magickstudio.com/
Click "browse" and double click the name you saved. Then when the filename is in the box, click "view". When it comes up, click the button on the lower right of the buttons up top that says "composite". Click "browse" again and this time, double click the glitter color you saved from the first page that you want to use. Once the filename is in the box, change "Gravity" to "Center", change "Compose" to "In", and check the box that says "tile across and down the image canvas". Then click "composite" button above that.
You should see the name without the sparkle animation. Now you want to click the button up top that says "output". change format to "gif" (if it's not already selected, which if probably will be) and click "output".
You should now see your animated, sparkly name. Right click and save the name. That's it!

Here's how to post it in sig's or posts:

1. right click on the sparkly sig and left click on "save as" or "save image". Remember where you saved it!

2. go to http://www.imageshack.us/ and click "browse". It will open your files and you double click the glitter name file. Then click "host it!" You will see lots of boxes with strings of text. You want the one that says "hotlink for forums 1" beside it. Highlight the ENTIRE line of text in that box. Then copy it (right click and "copy" or control/C).

3. paste it in you signature (right click, then paste; or control/V) (sorry, some of you may already know how to copy/paste, but just in case...)
You will know it pasted correctly if it starts and ends with "url" in brackets.
4. preview your sig or post to make sure it looks right. If you are still having problems, let me know!

:flower: Mia :flower:

EDIT: It was brought to my attention (on the 4th page, by BobRichmond) that one of the links here was not working...but I tried again, going thru all my steps here and it worked. I'm not sure what the problem is! If it does not work for you, try the link he posted:

http://redux.imagemagick.org/Magick...agickStudio.cgi

hope all works out!

~M~

That is useful information thanks for the post! I was wondering, do you happen to know how to make pictures all glittery? I know there are probably other threads that state this, but since we are on the topic of signatures lol.

I have no clue how to make pictures. And Tracey, LOL yes, it's too big! On the font page where you type in the name you want, there is a box to change font size. Make it about 40 and see how it looks.
~Mia

Nanoer said:
...about this?

That looks great! Is that the rainbow one? LOVE the Stewie picture....how in the world did you figure out how to make that?????

:flower: Mia :flower:

edit: nevermind, it looks blue now. Either you just changed it or I was seeing things.....

it wont let me change gravity to center and compose to in. how do u do that???

teentiger said:
it wont let me change gravity to center and compose to in. how do u do that???

you should be able to click in the boxes and get all the options popped up, then click on "center" and "in". Make sure you are not scrolling down with your mouse roller after doing so, or it will scroll down the choices you picked for gravity and compose. click somewhere else before you scroll down, or use the slide bar to scroll.
~Mia

i am doing one for my friend i pm him the code but he can not get it on

WOW!! Thanx for the helpful info! It should look like this right??

animate3nn.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Another way to make them, and to glitter pictures also is using Paint Shop Pro. You can download a trial version and then search for a glitter fonts tutorial. I no longer have it in favorites, sorry.

I am trying the whole glitter sig thing....it didn't work....what am I doing wrong?! :confused3

YEAH!!!! I got it...I needed enhanced mode! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

You are so nice to post all the instructions! Let's see if I got it right. Thanks

Another thing....for some reason I started having trouble doing glitter sigs on Internet Explorer (it worked before and then didn't....it would come out as a big rectangle of glitter)...but Firefox works just fine so I use that now!

Glad most of you were able to do it, they look great!

By the way, Iluvcountry is the one who taught me how to do this (teaching someone else on another thread and I read it), so thanks to iluvcountry! :cool1:

~Mia~

MaliaMichelle said:
Another way to make them, and to glitter pictures also is using Paint Shop Pro. You can download a trial version and then search for a glitter fonts tutorial. I no longer have it in favorites, sorry.
Thats the way I prefer to do it also. I have a few tuts still bookmarked if anyone wants to try their hand at PaintShopPro just pm for the links. For me I took a free mini beginner class online to learn the program, glitter stuff came after I was more familiar with it. Now I'm enjoying making stuff for incredimail.. always something to create. :earsgirl:

So, the free "trial" for Paint shop Pro....is it just a mini version, or do you only get to use it for a certain amount of time, or what?

~Mia~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter