How to sign up Moonlight Magic ??

I did one of the 2019 AK Moonlight Magic dates...had 6710 as my number, and I was able to get in for my date. It took an hour for the numbers to get down to mine! I think that the July date had sold out before my number, but I was an August date...it was very stressful as you'd get notifications that 1/2 the tickets are left...20% of the tickets are left.... With the # of people on multiple devices, even a number as high as mine had a chance to get in!
Wow....interesting......the countdown part. Is there a way to know when it's sold out?

After over an hour on the phone with MS, I got my 5th ticket. It was an error on their part in the sense that I modified my reservation yesterday to switch out points to adjust my upcoming December trip and it was that modification that triggered me being outside the window.

Changing your guests do not show up anywhere when you do that, other than a confirmation email, which I didn’t save since it was accurate on the website.

So, lesson learned! Save all DVC confirmation emails unti after the trips ANd do not do any sort of modification to a resort reservation within 48 hours of an event registration, even if it just to swap out points with other ones!

ETA: And, while on the phone, just after we got it set, the CM said they got an email with event being at capacity.

After over an hour on the phone with MS, I got my 5th ticket. It was an error on their part in the sense that I modified my reservation yesterday to switch out points to adjust my upcoming December trip and it was that modification that triggered me being outside the window.

Changing your guests do not show up anywhere when you do that, other than a confirmation email, which I didn’t save since it was accurate on the website.

So, lesson learned! Save all DVC confirmation emails unti after the trips ANd do not do any sort of modification to a resort reservation within 48 hours of an event registration, even if it just to swap out points with other ones!

ETA: And, while on the phone, just after we got it set, the CM said they got an email with event being at capacity.

Thankfully they still had availability when you called.

When I got shut out last year due to 48 hr modifications, AK filled up too quickly for them to fix anything. MS didn’t know what happened, and I was on hold too long. Definitely, lesson learned!

Thankfully they still had availability when you called.

When I got shut out last year due to 48 hr modifications, AK filled up too quickly for them to fix anything. MS didn’t know what happened, and I was on hold too long.

Yeah, CM said we got it fixed with like 5 minutes to spare!, I feel very fortunate they were able to figure it out in time.

Yeah, CM said we got it fixed with like 5 minutes to spare!, I feel very fortunate they were able to figure it out in time.

Wow, just in time! I saw someone else was able to increase their party size. It appears the same thing happened to them.

I’m so bad about last minute changes/tweaks, but not doing it again.

It was very stressful as you'd get notifications that 1/2 the tickets are left...20% of the tickets are left.... With the # of people on multiple devices, even a number as high as mine had a chance to get in!

Did they do that today ,count down the tickets -I didn't see that ???

I think it's cause it's the first one of the year so not everyone can change plans to attend, the DCA event this month took a couple of weeks to sell out since it happened only 6 weeks after the announcement.

Mine wasn't until the Feb. 25th date so I think that it is still open -
So does it just stay open to all dvc members with reservations
until it fills up and if there are still tickets on Dec. 4th then the remaining tickets are available to all dvc members
Are these all the dates for the year or do the announce more later in the year ?
It seems odd that All the dates are within a very close time frame for each park
(like AK all within a Month)
(MK March & April)
I would think they would spread them throughout the year more -

I went in at 8:55 am and I got 3400+. I cannot remember the exact number. I got confirmed for Feb 11th, shortly after the 8:30. This will be my first Moonlight Madness. How many people do they let in?

Did they do that today ,count down the tickets -I didn't see that ???

Mine wasn't until the Feb. 25th date so I think that it is still open -
So does it just stay open to all dvc members with reservations
until it fills up and if there are still tickets on Dec. 4th then the remaining tickets are available to all dvc members
Are these all the dates for the year or do the announce more later in the year ?
It seems odd that All the dates are within a very close time frame for each park
(MK March & April)
These are all the dates for the year except there will be another one at DLR with the date tbd.
They usually hold back a certain percent for general registration.

I feel so lucky, so it must have been pixie dust. I went in 10 minutes before 9 am for January 21st. At 9, it thought for a minute and went right to the registration form. I never got a line number. At first, I thought the form was for a line number.

(MK March & April)
Keep in mind that Disney Vacation Development in the DVC division of Disney literally has to rent the park from the Parks division of Disney, so DVD can't necessarily choose their dates. That's also why they haven't added dates in the past (although past performance doesn't guarantee future).

Interesting ,Does anybody here have a higher number ?
Do we know how high it went with success ?
Or what number did not make it ???

Hit the button at 8:59 and immediately got 4440-something. It went down about 1100 every 10 minutes. Got my confirmation email for 2/25 at 9:43.

It feels like people with higher queue numbers were getting in. They may have expanded ticket numbers.
I had the same thought. I am also seeing reports on FB of people logging in this morning and still getting a space. Either they have expanded numbers or made changes behind the scenes to eliminate ticket abuse.
I know it is a “free” event and I am still excited to attend. Just hoping that it isn’t too crazy and we can get some rides in.

[QUOTE="TheMick424, post: 61281127, member: 25844
had the same thought. I am also seeing reports on FB of people logging in this morning and still getting a space. Either they have expanded numbers or made changes behind the scenes to eliminate ticket abuse.
I know it is a “free” event and I am still excited to attend. Just hoping that it isn’t too crazy and we can get some rides in.
[/QUOTE]

AK is such a big park ,maybe they are letting in more people ??
I have only been to a few MM at MK before and the last one was crazy crowded

Last edited:
All dates are at capacity.

Important Notice
All Moonlight Magic events at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park have reached full capacity.
Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.

My stomach lurching for you all just reading they thread, shocked such high numbers

my xfinity internet keeps dropping at home, time to replace modem/router but can’t imagine if it would happen when in that queue lol

our low number between all of our devices was 837 - and I had no problem registering even though our stay was booked on non-qualified points (we have 3 use years, only 1 has benefits).
I had the biggest queue numbers that I've seen anyone list so far. I was over 4000 on my phone (logged in before 9 eastern) and over 3000 on my laptop clicking in right at the start time.

haven’t gone the multiple device route. Didn’t know you could be simultaneously logged into website on different devices. Duh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter