how to use touring plans/room request

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
So I have a touring plans membership and can see the "room request" option on that site.
It brought up a couple of rooms, do I then request that room/building doing my on line check in on MDE or is there a way for touring plans to fax/send that request to CBR? thanks

i believe you can only request things like floor/view on MDE. Touring Plans you can request a particular room and it says on their website that they fax the request to the resort 5 days (I think) prior to your stay. I did this request as well through TP so i'm hopeful. =)

We used that option just two weeks ago, at CBR as well. You have to be sure your reservation # is linked to the touring plans account. Down at the bottom of the room view, there is a link that will allow you to request (through touring plans) They will send a fax for you. We got a great room!!!

I forget what the online options were-I think I choose second floor-I just had the touring plans do their thing. I usually fax my own request, so it was a bit of a "let go" for me-but I couldn't get through the fax # this time around. The online is so limited with what you can actually request.

Thanks, would you also do the mde online check in at 60 days and just not put in any special requests?

As long as what you are requesting via fax doesn't contradict what you check, there is no reason not to do both.

Example: I have "4th floor, lake view" on my reservation verbally. I plan to check those two boxes (or select or whatever) when I do online check-in. My fax requests a room number (selection of numbers) with my addition of a priority of 1 - 4th floor; 2 - lake view; 3 - corner room. It just expands on the basic requests but doesn't contradict them.

i believe you can only request things like floor/view on MDE. Touring Plans you can request a particular room and it says on their website that they fax the request to the resort 5 days (I think) prior to your stay. I did this request as well through TP so i'm hopeful. =)
Just to point out, while you use a particular room as the starting point, the fax doesn't request a specific room. it requests a range of rooms that match the parameters of your starting point room. At least by default. You can go in and edit the fax to be more specific. Generally not a good idea as the more options the assigners have the better. I just wanted to mention that TP does do a range, not a specific room, to any who wondered.

Just to point out, while you use a particular room as the starting point, the fax doesn't request a specific room. it requests a range of rooms that match the parameters of your starting point room. At least by default. You can go in and edit the fax to be more specific. Generally not a good idea as the more options the assigners have the better. I just wanted to mention that TP does do a range, not a specific room, to any who wondered.

Strange because it let me select the room I wanted/requesting? This is just a copy and paste of the two areas that it shows in:

First is under "Configure fax" which states: For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room: <I inserted Building, Floor, Room Number(s) here>

Second is on main page it says "Requesting Room Number" <I inserted preferable room number>

Whether I get any of the requests has yet to be seen, but there are options to get very specific. =)

Strange because it let me select the room I wanted/requesting? This is just a copy and paste of the two areas that it shows in:

First is under "Configure fax" which states: For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room: <I inserted Building, Floor, Room Number(s) here>

Second is on main page it says "Requesting Room Number" <I inserted preferable room number>

Whether I get any of the requests has yet to be seen, but there are options to get very specific. =)
Yes, I've used it 20 or so times. Quite familiar with it.
This is how it formats the request, based on the room you select on the room finder. You don't populate the fields, they do. As I said, you can edit it to be very specific but you must do it intentionally. The website does not

This is the text from my request at WL. It shows them a sampling of rooms and includes the important items like floor, direction, building (if applicable). It does not, unless you edit the text below, request a specific room.

Bldg Main Building,Flr 5,NW-facing room.Exmple:5006,5004,5008,5010,5012,5014

I rented a Lake View DVC room at the Poly for our trip coming up in April. I already made a 3rd floor request through my rental company but will I be able to do it through touringplans.com since it is rented through DVC and I am not the owner of the points?

Quick report on our luck with the fax request on our two stays last week
First in ASMo, got a room in the correct building and on the correct floor and facing the correct direction. So exactly like my request
At FQ the same. The CM at check in even said we got our requests and TP fax was the only way i did the request so it had to come from that. The room we got was next door to the sample room I used when generating the fax

I'm about to use this TP service for the first time so am glad to have these pointers to keep in mind!

I am using touring plan fax for the first time too. We have two rooms at POP. Online check in I asked for ground floor , near transportation. Also our reservations are linked. Touring plans picked rooms that I liked so I selected those. Will be interesting to see what we end up with. 22 days till we get there

I am using touring plan fax for the first time too. We have two rooms at POP. Online check in I asked for ground floor , near transportation. Also our reservations are linked. Touring plans picked rooms that I liked so I selected those. Will be interesting to see what we end up with. 22 days till we get there
Are you wanting your two rooms to be connecting or adjoining? If so, I would really make that your only request.

Are you wanting your two rooms to be connecting or adjoining? If so, I would really make that your only request.

And specify. If you want a door between, you want "connecting". If next to or around the corner is fine, you want "adjoining".

Just did this - super simple and it gave me a confirm that it would attempt to send a fax starting 5 days before check-in

I am getting ready to submit my TP room requests for both parts of my upcoming split-stay. Quick question for those of you who have used it before--

-- Do you think it's best to go with the automatically generated text? (ex: Bldg Main Building,Flr 5,NW-facing room. Exmple:5006,5004,5008,5010,5012,5014)

-- Or is it better to go with general parameters if you don't really care about a specific room? For example, I would say for our Port Orleans Riverside stay: "Need Alligator Bayou (extra bed); prefer Building 16 or 17 and ground floor--or others close to lobby if possible."

[Sorry to revive a slightly older thread, but I thought it was better than starting still another thread on the same topic]

I leave it with their generated text for 2 reasons
1 it's in "Disney Speak" using the terminology the room assigners know
2 it gives them the same info, main building, 5, NW facing, etc. Room numbers are just examples to illustrate the parameters.

I only include text in the fax if I want to reiterate a feature, like I would love a King bed in this building, that type of thing.
Or when I used it for connecting rooms. I selected connecting rooms, provided both confirmation numbers and in the body of the fax I put that we wanted connecting rooms above all else, no matter floor, building or view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter