How well do they clean the rooms after each guest/Housekeeping?

now that the moment of utter confusion has passed (who the H*#@ brings their pet birds or fish on vacation? AND finds the need to bathe them??!!), please PLEASE tell me this was a "hunting lodge" :).

Reminds me of the old Warner Brothers cartoons when the silly rabbit or duck thought they were invited for a delicious meal.... and don't realize they're the main course. :eek:

Even in a hunting lodge... amazing what ppl have to be told.

Have nothing to add except all hotel bedspreads are disgusting and never use... Very happy that by our next trip they'll be going to triple sheeting...

I just need to be clear on something. I have rented points a night or two in the past prior to checking into YC (we rent AKV, OKW, etc). This year if I can get GFV I would like to rent there the whole time. Based on the description I read above, can I assume for 30.00 per day for a studio I can have a FULL cleaning? Meaning it isn't 30 plus 15 extra for towels. It would be a flat 30 per day x 7 nights so for 210.00 I can have my room completely cleaned every day as though I were a regular resort guest correct? Is that something I tell them at check in?

I don't mean to sound unkind, but do you realize you are talking to DVC owners, and sounding rather insulting. We get no benefit from your renting. You sound like you think you are doing us a favor by 'giving renting another shot'. You are VERY lucky to have rented GFV, and I'll bet there hundreds of owners who would like to have the dates you got, and paid thousands of dollars to become members. You don't realize how incredibly lucky you were to get GFV through a rental, and depriving owners of the opportunity. Pay for the housekeeping you want, rather than complain to owners that you are paying (only) $300 a night, and not getting daily housekeeping.
In addition, the Oh God, not SSR may have angered, certainly insulted, SSR owners. Many do not think it is the cesspool you apparently think it is.

Agreed and very well said. We bought at BCV on the resale market but paid (of course) full price for VGF - we don't rent out points because it seems like a hassle. I'd like to think that if we did though the people renting would express gratitude about the deal they're getting over rack rates. Honestly the OP really rubbed me the wrong way.

If someone wants daily housekeeping, either pay for it (if staying at DVC) OR book at DVC rack rates OR stay at an actual hotel. We at first thought we'd miss daily housekeeping but we like not having to pick up each day. We always stay in a 1BR so we have a washer & dryer - washing towels is easy for us.

All the DVC resorts are switching to triple sheeting/duvet.

:dance3: YAY!!!!!

Root cause: OP rented points and the DVC Member or agent did not make it clear that housekeeping is a different arrangement than a hotel stay.

One thing that ticks me off is seeing people put their trash in the hall, especially later when it sits all evening stinking up the hall.

I would like to see a placard in the rooms reminding owners and their guests that when staying on points, The housekeeping schedule depends on length of stay and to check with the front desk if they are not aware of the schedule. Additional towels, kitchen supplies or bath supplies cost extra. If your trash is full between housekeeping visits, you are required to take it to the nearest trash & recycling room. If you spill something, clean it up. Report any damage or broken items found at check-in immediately.

I have always found the housekeeping between guests to be appropriate. Sometimes they miss something. In August we stayed at AKV Kidani and at BCV. At BCV they did not remove the last guest's trash and they shorted us one towel. They bent over backwards to get both fixed right away and called twice to make sure everything was ok!

I just need to be clear on something. I have rented points a night or two in the past prior to checking into YC (we rent AKV, OKW, etc). This year if I can get GFV I would like to rent there the whole time. Based on the description I read above, can I assume for 30.00 per day for a studio I can have a FULL cleaning? Meaning it isn't 30 plus 15 extra for towels. It would be a flat 30 per day x 7 nights so for 210.00 I can have my room completely cleaned every day as though I were a regular resort guest correct? Is that something I tell them at check in?

That is correct. Full cleaning includes change of towels. I'm not certain if there is tax on top of that - I'd imagine so.

Trash and towel service would be something in lieu of having a full cleaning - not an addition to having full cleaning.

Do most hotels (Disney or non-Disney) really change out the linens and towels daily any more? Most have signs asking guests to place the towels they would like to have washed in the tub so that housekeeping will only replace those. Personally it bugs me when I do that and they still replace everything. What a waste of water and electricity. I'd rather pay less and reuse towels for two or three days. Same for sheets- I would think it would be a huge waste to wash them every day. My biggest pet peeve is when housekeeping removes the sheets from the sofabed every day and I have to remake the bed. I've started putting a sign on there that says to please leave it alone. For all of those reasons, it doesn't bother me at all as a DVC owner that I don't get daily housekeeping. But I get that some people prefer it, and they are welcome to pay for it, and that means paying not only for the employee wages but the water, electricity, etc.

At this point I'm just happy if they have changed the sheets between guests. Our most recent stays have shown huge decline in housekeeping. They either don't have enough staff or they aren't training or supervising the ones they do have.

At this point I'm just happy if they have changed the sheets between guests. Our most recent stays have shown huge decline in housekeeping. They either don't have enough staff or they aren't training or supervising the ones they do have.

I don't know, on my recent trip my studio at OKW was very clean. There were a few normal wear and tear areas on the carpet, but the floors, bathroom and beds were very well cleaned, both upon check-in and my full service day.

I don't know, on my recent trip my studio at OKW was very clean. There were a few normal wear and tear areas on the carpet, but the floors, bathroom and beds were very well cleaned, both upon check-in and my full service day.

Well, either it's hit-or-miss or else it's mostly miss when it's busy:confused3 The people on the elevator with me were talking about how dirty their OKW unit was upon check-in the other day, and I told them we had the same experience at BWV. We ended up cleaning it ourselves as best we could (vacuuming up all the hair in the bathroom, it was literally all over the floor and even the shower walls). Housekeeping manager was awesome once we actually realized that we had to go to the front desk to get him, but we only did that because there were things physically broken in the unit and we didn't want to be blamed or charged for them as they were like that upon our arrival.

Well, either it's hit-or-miss or else it's mostly miss when it's busy:confused3 The people on the elevator with me were talking about how dirty their OKW unit was upon check-in the other day, and I told them we had the same experience at BWV. We ended up cleaning it ourselves as best we could (vacuuming up all the hair in the bathroom, it was literally all over the floor and even the shower walls). Housekeeping manager was awesome once we actually realized that we had to go to the front desk to get him, but we only did that because there were things physically broken in the unit and we didn't want to be blamed or charged for them as they were like that upon our arrival.

Whenever you find something broken in your villa, call Maintenance, not the Front Desk. You get a Call Center when you call the Front Desk. We've always had broken items fixed when we called Maintenance. And call Housekeeping if you have a problem that needs Housekeeping attention.

Oh god, not at SSR. I don't remember what we paid there. It was 3 years ago. We didn't like it though :(.

We're giving renting another shot and booked GFV. We paid about $300 a night, which is a huge savings vs. booking through Disney, but the no housekeeping bothers us. Especially since we've been hearing the cleaning isn't all that good. Alas, we're going to give it another try.

THIS CERTAINLY DOES NOT INSULT ME. I Love SSR. I don't like the Hotel feel at some of the other resorts but that is why this timeshare is wonderful, there is something for everyone.pixiedust:

Whenever you find something broken in your villa, call Maintenance, not the Front Desk. You get a Call Center when you call the Front Desk. We've always had broken items fixed when we called Maintenance. And call Housekeeping if you have a problem that needs Housekeeping attention.

We did...maybe I wasn't clear. We called the front desk who then transferred us to housekeeping. Housekeeping was going to send someone up for a full clean but never did. Maybe I should have called again, but at that point it made more sense to just clean it ourselves when it became clear that they weren't going to. It was Thanksgiving weekend...I chalked it up to it being busy and them maybe being shorthanded. We cleaned it ourselves and 2 days later we went down to the front desk to get someone to come to the unit as there were items that were damaged and we did not want to be charged for them (they were like that when we got there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter