Howie's Angels

I'm sure they could put an end to this right away if they wanted to. They seem to be moving pretty slow on this issue, I wonder why?

Maybe they haven't changed the policy - as long as the number of guests on the PS isn't any different - so that they don't disappoint the families that are using the "Angels" PSs or any other family that made multiples and then passed them along instead of cancelling them.

and I agree that if WDW wanted to changes things they would do it over night - after all they just cancelled scheduled e-nights for the whole month of May!

-LA

Does anyone know if the site is still affiliated with Rita Aero and her guidebook? And, if so, has she made any comment at all on this? Either regarding the practice itself or the comments supposedly being put forth by the sites administrator(s)--this drv person.

Many of the other major Disney message board sites as well as other Disney web figures (such as Deb Wills--wdwig) have made official statements denouncing the practice so it would seem Rita Aero would be more or less standing alone amongst that group if she's in support of the Breakfast Club activities with regards to CRT.

Yes the site is still assocated with her. She posted a message endorsing Howie and the pratice a few days ago..but I think its been removed.

I completely agree, Disney is not going to cancel any existing PS, even if they were obtained thru Howie. However, I kind of agree with

I'm sure they could put an end to this right away if they wanted to. They seem to be moving pretty slow on this issue, I wonder why?

They could easily change the policy regarding PS from today forward. No public relations problem. They would simply be extending a policy they already have regarding certain popular events.

I believe that WDW probably could care less who fills the seats, or how the PS was obtained. They are going to sell out regardless, not everyone is going to get a PS, and someone is bound to be disappointed. That's life.

I said it a long time ago when the whole Howie issue came up.... Much ado about nothing!

Disney shouldn't cancel any existing PS - that would raise the possibility of penalizing legitamate PS guests.

What they need to do is to require a credit card when making the PS reservations. I wouldn't have an issue with it and I don't think most people would. When you purchase tickets to a broadway show, you always have to show your cc when you pick up the tkts. PS should be the same way.

They already do require CC#s for meals at AKL to reduce the number of people making PSs there only to check out the resort.

IMHO, Howie and his ilk started of very well intention but it has turned into something completely different. Some people there arent helping others out of the goodness of their hearts, they are helping because they want help when they go to WDW on a later date.

Also, with all the publicity as of late, it has created an opportunity for the webmaster/owners of the site to attract more advertisers and in turn charge more for ads running on their website. This and the fact that they sell "Angel" related merchandise goes to show they are not as altruistic as they once were. It has sadly come down to money. IF they were doing this all just to help others than the profits from all the merchandise and ad revenues woudl go to cover expenses and then donated to charity.

Hopefully Disney will change all this soon.

Originally posted by sthrngman
They already do require CC#s for meals at AKL to reduce the number of people making PSs there only to check out the resort.

Just curious, but when did this policy start at AKL? It wasn't that way at Boma's last December, or does this even apply to WDW resort guests?

For every person Howie and his angels "help" by securing a PS, someone else is "hurt" because they don't get a PS. In the aggregate, Howie has no positive impact on CRT attendance or enjoyment. Can he truly believe otherwise?

The credit card policy at the AKL was instituted when the lodge first opened. They no longer require credit cards when you make your PS at Jiko or Boma.

The Make-a-Wish Foundation endeavors to "bring a smile" where one may not have otherwise existed.

"Howie's Angels" endeavors to take a smile away from one, and give it to another. (and consequently increase ad revenue, merchandise sales, etc)

Anyone who thinks Howie is just doing a good deed should explain this to the child whose parents weren't able to get a reservation, even though they did exactly as Disney instructed and began calling before 7am (4am if they live in the West...).

The Make-a-Wish Foundation endeavors to "bring a smile" where one may not have otherwise existed.

"Howie's Angels" endeavors to take a smile away from one, and give it to another. (and consequently increase ad revenue, merchandise sales, etc)

Anyone who thinks Howie is just doing a good deed should explain this to the child whose parents weren't able to get a reservation, even though they did exactly as Disney instructed and began calling before 7am (4am if they live in the West...).

A CC will help eliminate what Howie does but it won't help the situation at CRT. It still will remain just as difficult to get a PS. There is only so many seats to go around. They need to expand to lunch and dinner too.

All my little princesses have four legs and fur, so LUCKILY ;) this is one Disney dilemma I don't have to partake in.
I also think the cc should be required at the time PS' are made. Disney already does this for the behind the scenes tours and the first night's stay.
Agree that calling for a family/friend who may not have access to the phone at a certain time is one thing. Making ressies just to be making them, and having no clue who may use them is abuse, IMHO.
Rock our world? :rolleyes: Oh gimmie a break. Use that energy on something much more purposeful in life than obtaining an hour long seat at a character breakfast.
Me thinkith that's a REAL obssession problem at hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter