HRH & a major complaint

HRH is not very good with room assignment. Last spring we had three families travelling together and I had called, long distance, the week before to request that we be on the same floor. We check in and of course we are not on the same floor and no they can't move any of us because there is no room. The next morning I approach them again, partially because Robert at check-in was so snippy, and ask for the manager. Amazingly they find a room, this is 8 am that is right beside one of the others. We only needed a standard, non-pool view room. Robert, at check-in had just been too lazy to see what was available but obviously there was a room available so that we could all be on the same floor. We were staying at the hotel for 6 nights, you would have thought that they could have been a little more accomodating.

We love the HRH, have stayed there six times but the people at the desk are not very helpful.

ps: We did have a similar problem with water view at Beach Club and they refused to help us out. To me, for $395, water view isn't of the pool by the parking lot. We also had an absolutely filthy and worn room at Wilderness Lodge for $295, so I haven't found Disney to be any better than Universal.

All it takes is one bad customer service experience & it is a reflection on the resort. Maybe some of these resorts (Universal, Disney.....any major hotel chain), need to re-eval the help. They should hold workshops or something reminding them what thier job is & how they are representing a company....and if they cannot do the job correctly.....they are terminated. I understand that everyone will not be happy all the time with a resort...something can/will go wrong somewhere along the line. I just feel that when it comes to something like a medical reason/handicap ....one should be accommodated. I have had bad experiences (not medical) at different resorts/hotels & have never written to complain. The only reason why I did it this time was due to it being a medical request that was ignored. Also just a note about our future stay.... my husband found out yesterday that he is having surgery (again) on 11/11.....sooooo I doubt that I will be going with him for the holidays... I know he will not want to chance another bad experience so 6 weeks after surgery. Good thing the certificate they sent me is good till 10/04!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter