HS EMH schedule change during Jersey Week

Boulie

DisneyDad
FYI - Looks like they are removing morning EMH on Monday Nov 5 (was scheduled for 8-9 am) and adding evening EMH for HS on Sunday Nov 4 (8-10 pm) instead.

Disney moving around EMH this late is a new one for me.

Before the change, I'd seen some people commenting on how unusual it was to have 2 parks with EMH on 11/5 and none on 11/4. They speculated that it was because WDW knew there would be am travel delays during the W&D half marathon. Maybe that has something to do with why they moved it to a pm EMH on 11/4, but I can see how it would really mess up people's plans.

Oddly enough Kenny the Pirate always had it marked on his calendar this way. I should’ve went with his calendar.

Right now on 11/4 i have us doing RD at DHS and then hopping to Epcot around 12 pm and taking a break at our resort BWV around 4. Then we have a 6:40 pm ADR at Flying Fish. We were then gonna go back to epcot for illuminations. Now I’m trying to move our ADR up a bit so we can head back to DHS at 8 pm.

Had i gone with KTP plans i would’ve RD Epcot and done DHS in the PM. I’m not switching now because i have my FP+ set.

Is it possible that EMM gets added to HS on 11/5 now that the EMH have been removed?

I’d be lying if I said that thought hadn’t crossed my mind as well.

Pretty short lead time though... only two weeks away.

I don't understand why the EMH were added to Sunday, which was already a pretty full park day with MK closing at 10pm, and race after hours party at Epcot.

It's Monday that needs more hours. Now that there are no EMH at DHS, that leaves only AK with EMH. MK is closing very early, with no extension of hours at any of the other three parks. Epcot will be the latest-open park (9pm) with AK and DHS closing at 8, and the three of them presumably absorbing many of the guests who are kicked out of MK by 4:30. If any day needed EMH added, it's Monday.

Didn't DHS used to have their PM EMH on Sundays before they did away with them? Maybe they are finally bringing them back to DHS for good. Wish they would for AK too. I used to love riding Everest in the dark during EMH.

Didn't DHS used to have their PM EMH on Sundays before they did away with them? Maybe they are finally bringing them back to DHS for good. Wish they would for AK too. I used to love riding Everest in the dark during EMH.
It was on Fridays (at least, last couple of times I went). MK was Wednesday, EP Tuesday (I believe, or Monday).

Nov. 5th mk closes at 4:30. Our planwas and still is to go to mk hoping less crowds and hopefully more less crowds now with the elimination of the emh. i'm hoping people without park hoppers will go elsewhere.

Haha that’s my plan too!
then we will leave at 4 and go to ds for the evening. I think the other parks will be too packed. Off topic to this thread but do you have adr plans that day for breakfast/lunch? We have plans at 11ish to go to gf for gfcafe but it does take time out and not sure if it's worth it.

then we will leave at 4 and go to ds for the evening. I think the other parks will be too packed. Off topic to this thread but do you have adr plans that day for breakfast/lunch? We have plans at 11ish to go to gf for gfcafe but it does take time out and not sure if it's worth it.
We are checking out that day so we have ADRs at Bon Voyage at 10:20 then heading over to MK for our last hours. The girls want to do Splash and the other days they will be dressed up. I would definitely do GF if I had gotten Bon Voyage any other day.

I signed up for touring plans reservation finder yesterday for Flying Fish so I could move up my reservation on 11/4. Got the alert today and booked the earlier time. Now we can make DHS EMH easily. We will miss Illuminations but we will just do it another night.

I think trying to fit in MK, GF, and then DHS will have you spending a lot of time in transit for one day...

I signed up for touring plans reservation finder yesterday for Flying Fish so I could move up my reservation on 11/4. Got the alert today and booked the earlier time. Now we can make DHS EMH easily. We will miss Illuminations but we will just do it another night.
Also depends on how much time you have earmarked for MK on other days. This day is a bonus for us. We are casual rather than commando. I think every day we have planned we will go to a park, break for a couple of hours, then another park. We don't worry too much if we don't ride every single ride, multiple times. We are doing EMM TSL, and our only goal is to ride everything at least 1 time, get a couple of autographs, breakfast, then at RD go over to ToT and RnRC, Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast and be out by 12:00. At the latest. Swim, rest, MNSSHP by 3:00. Just an example of how we roll. Every moment at Disney World is a treat in itself. Successful touring, to us, is organization, a few fps, a little bit of pixie dust, and don't worry about what we don't do. We've been the high energy, full on commando route and we just don't enjoy it. Everything always works out.

Toy Story Land Early Morning Magic is now available for Monday 11/5. I begrudgingly booked!

I also booked but I’ll decide over the weekend whether to keep it or not. I read SDD has about 10 minute waits during EMM. I prefer walk on for that price. Plus we have two FP+ during for it during our 10 day trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter