Hubbard Calving

Thanks for sharing. It brought back great memories of our cruise last summer.

Hubbard glacier is simply beautiful. It's such a massive expanse of ice that you really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

We go on the 13th of August. This just makes me even more excited to get there! Thanks for sharing! :thanks::teleport:

You will have a great time. And assuming the weather cooperates Tracy Arm will be grand (for us, it was driving rain). Sadly, you won’t get to see Hubbard (in the vid) - DCL, unfortunately, only hits it on the 9 day.

When we did this a year ago June we saw seals, some with pups, on many icebergs as we approached the glacier. Take binoculars, a coat and camera...almost all you need for Alaska. Maybe need a little more to wear at dinner. Would love to go again. If you get a chance, try to see the rest of this unique state...Denali, Fairbanks, Homer, Seward, etc.

DCL, unfortunately, only hits it on the 9 day.

I wonder if Disney will expand their Alaska offerings once the new ships are sailing. Most lines have multiple ships in Alaska as it's such a lucrative market. To me Disney is really missing the boat (horrible pun intended) by not offering one way cruises to either Seward or Whittier. The ABD tie in would be a natural fit for them and a huge money maker. I'm not sure when the next round of National Park permits come up for grabs, but I think it's pretty soon. Disney going to Glacier Bay would be incredible. It's a very special place. My husband preferred Hubbard to GB, for me GB was just magical.

I sure hope so... I want to go to Alaska at least once more to see Glacier Bay. If I could go on DCL, I would. If not, I will likely give Princess a try.

I'm hoping for a more extensive cruise with new ships. Of course the new big ones can't get in and out of Tracy Arm or any small glacier areas. Just want to see more of Alaska. Great video. We're there in Sept, last Disney ship out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter