• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Huge wishes granted! Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the goosebumbs reading this. You guys were sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky:cheer2:

I loved loved loved your report, what a wonderful story! :love: :yay:

And I love your tagline -- both the part about mustangs and about everyone being on the spectrum. So true.

My DD left just this minute with her friend's family to go to AK for the day. The family's son also has autism. I am crossing my fingers that they will receive a little extra pixiedust: today!

DD is going to try pin trading for the first time. It's not easy for her to approach strangers, so we'll see if she comes home with anything new. ;)

eta: no extra pixiedust: this time, but they all had a GREAT time and I just put DD to bed with a big smile on her face (and a couple of new pins :) )

I adore your story! I was so excited for you and when I read the last part about DS well that is when the real waterworks came! Disney really does have a way of making the disabilities melt away ... it is truely magical. I am so glad you guys got such a great experience!

Just read your post now, at work today and a little bored.

My DS she is 17 went down this past week to visit colleges, my step dad took her for just a few hours to Disney.

They were give a few magical dreams as well.

Just seeing the photographs of how happy you were and your son hugging goofy is just heart warming.

I don't know you, but I am so thrilled your famiy had this.

Just wanted to tell you that you did deserve it, and I am so glad your son will have the memory forever.

:grouphug:

I didn't actually get to read this thread until today.
We were at WDW the same time as you were (arrived 9/30/07, left 10/8/07).

The pictures are awesome.
The little boy in those pictures does not look at all like the boy you have been describing over all your planning posts. What a difference magical YOMD pixie dust can make!:goodvibes
I can imagine how totally surprised you must have been by how the characters and YOMD CMs drew him out.
I don't know how they pick YOMD winners; all I've heard is that it is random (and has to remain legal). I think that someone or something drew them to your family. You could use some magic and you got some.:cheer2: :tinker: :dogdance: (no Chip and Dale smilie, so hope these will do).

WOW, truly a wonderful story. I'm so happy for your family!!

Yes, I'm crying too!! :)

Wow! I was so moved by your story! We are going to WDW in December. My 13 year old son was diagnosed with Aspberger's last year and I am considering getting him a special badge, even though his disability is not apparent. He would go gaga if we got a wish granted!!

shiralex,

I don't know if you saw the sign I made that attached to our lanyard, it is the autism puzzle with Mickey on top and it says Autism Awareness. I have attached it for you to use.

AUTSIMAWARENESSSHIRTJEP-1.jpg

I feel bad at this point that Disney has been so good to us. I am so blessed and just pray that everyone in need gets to have a dream come true.

Thanks, April

I loved your story! You ask, "Why us?" I say, "Why not?" It couldn't have happened to a more deserving little boy.

I feel bad at this point that Disney has been so good to us. I am so blessed and just pray that everyone in need gets to have a dream come true.

Thanks, April

Please do NOT feel bad! You spread lots of :love: by sharing your story here.

Thank YOU! :flower3:

Wow, you truly had a magical experience. I love the look on Jeny's face when your DS is with Goofy, it shows how truly genuine this dream was for the her as well.

Thank you for sharing your story, it reminds all of us about what the magic is really about.

Even this 40 year old fellow couldnt quit keep it totally together reading that :goodvibes

That is beautiful. My son too is autistic and Goofy is his favorite character. That made me cry. It is moment's like these that make all the work, time, driving and money worth it.

Wow! Before I could type a reply, I had to get a tissue myself! That is so wonderful!!! I am so glad this happened to ya'll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter