Hurricane Irma?

I'm actually looking in general how all the resorts are handling the storm. It seems they are on top of everything and electricity is one of the most important things.

The NHC and all the rest have said "WEST" all day. Look at the reports from 11AM, 2PM and even 5PM, expected WNW, NNW, but in reality, it's path, it has been straight north, now sparing Tampa/St Pete and focusing between Orlando and Lakeland. West my foot. North. The damn thing went north, a direct line to our city. Thankfully losing wind force, but still, right at us. West. NOT. One g lessoned learned, DO not listen to Model forecasts (East, Irma is going to hit east side of Florida), not listen to any of these fools, they just DO NOT KNOW where it will head.
Glad we left, would be freakin out even worse than I am now if we were there.
West. Nope.
Dolby1000 (sorry, so scared for my house and my neighbors right now, we were the only ones in our neighborhood to get out).
NHC has repeated the following countless times...
"Users are reminded to not focus on the exact forecast track, especially at the longer ranges, since the average NHC track errors are about 175 and 225 statute miles at days 4 and 5, respectively."

"Respect the cone."

Orlando and both coasts of Florida were in the cone for quite a number of days.

When I used to work in television news (I was a cameraman for many years) we were indeed forced/required. If you were scheduled to work during one of these events, you worked...and you covered what you were assigned. I stood outside in nor'easters and blizzards with my camera while we pleaded with folks to stay home and off the roads. I drove in white out conditions to get to the station and traversed flooded streets to get where we were sent. It always made me very angry and is one of the many reasons I no longer work in the industry.
Sorry to be so late to this conversation, but, I've been away from this thread today, just now catching up. Have been texting with a family member yesterday and today, in Clearwater,FL. We have been cracking each other up, trying to lighten the mood. Both of us wondering why, how, WHY??? these TV people are out in this storm?! Seems like torture and inhumane. I asked her why, despite the FL governor imposing a curfew, and begging people to shelter, shelter, shelter, can these people be out there reporting? She said that media is exempt from these rules imposed. True???? Jeez. I cannot even imagine this being a job assignment one must comply with! Call me naïve, but really? I guess as most things in life anymore, it is all about ratings and the almighty dollar. I so want to give these people a nice hot cooked meal, some rest and some shelter.

AoA fire alarm currently going off. Not sure if it's just my building or not. Whoever answered the phone says to stay in the room and wait for it to stop.

FOr those of you in the parks, how're you holding up? Hoping Irma skirts to the west of the parks :(

Its a little past midnight. Staying at Contemporary, theme park view, main tower. Winds are high but we can't even hear it with the curtains closed and TV on. They opened up the arcade fro free, movies on 2nd floor, games and activities for the kids. All Food is discounted ... Chef Mickey's was $20 for adult, $10 for kids. Yes is sucks that we are missing 2 days in the parks but the 2 we did so far were great! No wait on anything and we're here till the 17th. and yes I now I posted one pic twice lol
2017-2.jpg

Just east of OIA in Lake Nona area - lost power around 9. Played Clue and crazy 8's with the kids before putting them to bed in our closet. Been getting smoked pretty good with rain and winds gusting up to 75 mph according to my anemometer. Worst still to come in the next 6 hours. Wish I had Goofy or The Big Mick here at the house to cheer us up. Everyone be safe tonight and tomorrow.

Looks like there is a tree down at saratoga, hope everyone is staying safe.

Attachments

• IMG_9179.PNG
    IMG_9179.PNG
    247 KB · Views: 169
In Florida when there's a state of emergency and/or evacuation, all hotels have to allow pets. They might charge a fee or something but they can't refuse due to a pet

I wish this was true, because I am a huge animal lover. . . we have 3 dogs and 2 cats of our own and I would never evacuate without them. . . but I actually looked this up since you posted this. My brother and sister-in-law live a block from the ocean in FL and evacuated to AL with their 3 cats, so I was curious about the law. It seems there have been recent FB posts stating that all hotels and motels in FL have to allow pets during weather-related evactuations, but these posts are untrue. There was a law after Katrina that essentially mandates that FEMA take into account the needs of pet owners when developing disaster preparedness plans. It also authorizes the director of the agency to fund emergency shelter facilities for pets. It makes no mention of hotels or motels. Governor Scott was urging hotels to be more lenient with their pet policies during this emergency, which I thought was awesome.

This is what I've been trying to share. Thankfully only ONE possible Jose track looks concerning. So I'm not worried anymore. Well, maybe worried a little for New York. Hope Irma passes quickly so everyone can get on with their lives in peace.

ScreenHunter_37%20Sep.%2010%2021.14_zpsx4eao0g3.jpg
I just read the NWS discussion on this storm. They cannot see the eye so much. It is almost like it is killing itself. They see this thing weakening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter