I’ve been waiting 4 1/2 years to go to Disney..a May 2-9 2010 PTR...TR started!

Ok, I have read the info about MME, but I need someone who has actually done it before to tell me all about MME. Where exactly do I go when I get off the plane? We are flying in Southwest if that matters. Are there signs? I've read about people getting lost or turned around, and I don't want that to happen. Tell me all about it! Thanks!

I've been on Magical Express twice, but I'm still not sure which end of the airport it's on:rotfl: There are signs though. It is on the lower level and you walk by some car rental counters to get there I believe. If you're not sure where you're going just ask one of the airport employees. When you get there you don't have to go to the counter. Just go to the CM waiting at the ropes, show her your ME stuff and then she will direct you to which bus. It is really simple and I love not having to go to baggage claim!

Are you sure you want me telling you about it - I went to the wrong side last time! :laughing: I think it was because I am used to flying SW, but flew American in December which brought us in on the other side of the airport - at least that is the excuse I'm using ;)

Anyway, once you arrive you'll take the shuttle (aka the fake monorail) to the main part of the airport - there is only one shuttle, going one way, so you won't get confused here. When you get off follow the signs to the "B" side, It will be to your left I believe. Go down to level one and it will be easy for you to spot the ME counter. Take your vouchers to the counter, they will ask how many bags they need to collect for you and send you to the appropriate line to wait for your bus - easy peasy!

Hi Kayce! Get to Magical Express is really pretty easy. We flew Southwest and used MME last year. After you get off the plane you are going to head to the shuttles and take it to the main terminal. (My girls call it the mini-monorail). There are lots of signs along the way so no worries there. After a short ride in the shuttle you will be at the main terminal. It's very big. You want to follow the signs to the B side of the terminal. After exiting the shuttle you will go straight and hang a left just past the fountain. Go as far as you can and you should see that you are on the B side. Once you get to the B side take one of the elevators or escalators down to Level 1-essentially you are heading to baggage claim/rental cars they are on the same level as MME. When you get to Level 1 you will be heading to your right and you will run into MME.

At the MME location there will be someone there that will want to see your MME vouchers. Seems like we had to show it a couple of times. :confused3 That's when you will get herded into your first WDW queue of the day. :laughing: Just keep your documents handy and you will be fine. The map on the inside cover of your MME docs is fairly helpful if you get twisted but I don't think you will have any issues. Don't hesitate to ask someone if you feel like you are going in the wrong direction. As much business as Disney generates at that airport I'm sure they can direct you.

The bus ride really is quite pleasant and the video is a great way to get warmed up for all the fun you are about to have. :goodvibes

Hope that helps a little.

Edited to add: Sorry ladies, I guess we were all typing to Kayce at the same time. Sorry for being redundant.

I've been on Magical Express twice, but I'm still not sure which end of the airport it's on:rotfl: There are signs though. It is on the lower level and you walk by some car rental counters to get there I believe. If you're not sure where you're going just ask one of the airport employees. When you get there you don't have to go to the counter. Just go to the CM waiting at the ropes, show her your ME stuff and then she will direct you to which bus. It is really simple and I love not having to go to baggage claim!

Are you sure you want me telling you about it - I went to the wrong side last time! :laughing: I think it was because I am used to flying SW, but flew American in December which brought us in on the other side of the airport - at least that is the excuse I'm using ;)

Anyway, once you arrive you'll take the shuttle (aka the fake monorail) to the main part of the airport - there is only one shuttle, going one way, so you won't get confused here. When you get off follow the signs to the "B" side, It will be to your left I believe. Go down to level one and it will be easy for you to spot the ME counter. Take your vouchers to the counter, they will ask how many bags they need to collect for you and send you to the appropriate line to wait for your bus - easy peasy!

Hi Kayce! Get to Magical Express is really pretty easy. We flew Southwest and used MME last year. After you get off the plane you are going to head to the shuttles and take it to the main terminal. (My girls call it the mini-monorail). There are lots of signs along the way so no worries there. After a short ride in the shuttle you will be at the main terminal. It's very big. You want to follow the signs to the B side of the terminal. After exiting the shuttle you will go straight and hang a left just past the fountain. Go as far as you can and you should see that you are on the B side. Once you get to the B side take one of the elevators or escalators down to Level 1-essentially you are heading to baggage claim/rental cars they are on the same level as MME. When you get to Level 1 you will be heading to your right and you will run into MME.

At the MME location there will be someone there that will want to see your MME vouchers. Seems like we had to show it a couple of times. :confused3 That's when you will get herded into your first WDW queue of the day. :laughing: Just keep your documents handy and you will be fine. The map on the inside cover of your MME docs is fairly helpful if you get twisted but I don't think you will have any issues. Don't hesitate to ask someone if you feel like you are going in the wrong direction. As much business as Disney generates at that airport I'm sure they can direct you.

The bus ride really is quite pleasant and the video is a great way to get warmed up for all the fun you are about to have. :goodvibes

Hope that helps a little.

Edited to add: Sorry ladies, I guess we were all typing to Kayce at the same time. Sorry for being redundant.

Thank you all so much! :goodvibes I appreciate the info. I will have to print it all out and make sure I have it and all of our other paperwork handy. It sounds like it's pretty easy. Hopefully it will go smoothly!

I am so excited for you!! I am really looking forward to hearing how your trip goes! Bella is so close to Lilian's age it seems like a good way to learn tidbits of information!! :thumbsup2

All caught up with your report. I'll be on the look out for you. Love all the stuff you made, especially the keychain info. That is a great idea!

MME is really easy to use. Love it. I would use it this time, but I need the rental as I will be working while I am there. (Party time in the evenings)

Appliques are really simple. There is a tutorial on the Disboutiquers thread in the first post or two. I started with scraps to figure out the thread lengths and spacing. The first ones I did were Mickey Heads. With how wonderful your sewing is, you'll be great at it in no time.

I am so excited for you!! I am really looking forward to hearing how your trip goes! Bella is so close to Lilian's age it seems like a good way to learn tidbits of information!! :thumbsup2

Yes, I will give you full report when I get back! :thumbsup2

All caught up with your report. I'll be on the look out for you. Love all the stuff you made, especially the keychain info. That is a great idea!

MME is really easy to use. Love it. I would use it this time, but I need the rental as I will be working while I am there. (Party time in the evenings)

Appliques are really simple. There is a tutorial on the Disboutiquers thread in the first post or two. I started with scraps to figure out the thread lengths and spacing. The first ones I did were Mickey Heads. With how wonderful your sewing is, you'll be great at it in no time.

Thanks so much! I am going to try it, but not until we get back! Too much to do in 2 days!!! Hope to see you at the World!

Packing question:
Do we need to pack beach towels? I think they have them at the pools, but is it better to have your own? Can you take the ones from the pool to the hotel room? Probably all totally newbie questions, but I AM a newbie to staying onsite!!! Thanks!!

They do have towels at the pool but later in the day there may not be any left. We have taken a few towels from the pool back to our room. I don't know if you are supposed to or not though. :confused3 You could always use some from the room and get more from Mousekeeping if they were out. :idea:

I did bring towels one year but haven't brought them since. I haven't really had a problem getting a towel other than our stay at AS Sports.

I have been debating the towels too. Do you have space in your suitcases? I would think you could always ask for towels like Leanne suggested. :confused3

They have towels and if they are out you can go to the desk to get more...we always pack ones with us, Its nice having larger towels i think!! Hope you have a good trip!!

:tink:

We don't pack beach towels. I try to pack as light as possible and in my experience there have always been towels at the pool.

Hi! I just started reading your PTR a few days ago and finally got caught up! Your daughter is too cute, and I love all the things you made for her! I hope you have a magical trip, I will be there at the same time but not til a few days later, I'll be on on my honeymoon 5/6-5/11!

Have fun! :cool1:

Thanks so much! I am going to try it, but not until we get back! Too much to do in 2 days!!! Hope to see you at the World!

I will be looking for you all.

As for towels, I ask Mouse Keeping for extras and use those for the pool so I can take them back to the room. They have towel bins at the pool, but I like one around me walking back. Sometimes we carry beach towels. Just depends.

Have a safe flight!

They do have towels at the pool but later in the day there may not be any left. We have taken a few towels from the pool back to our room. I don't know if you are supposed to or not though. :confused3 You could always use some from the room and get more from Mousekeeping if they were out. :idea:

I did bring towels one year but haven't brought them since. I haven't really had a problem getting a towel other than our stay at AS Sports.

That's a good idea to bring some from the room. We will probably do that! Thanks!

I have been debating the towels too. Do you have space in your suitcases? I would think you could always ask for towels like Leanne suggested. :confused3

I don't think we are going to bring them. We have space, but I don't want to overpack! I need room to bring more stuff home! :rotfl:

They have towels and if they are out you can go to the desk to get more...we always pack ones with us, Its nice having larger towels i think!! Hope you have a good trip!!

:tink:

Thank you!

We don't pack beach towels. I try to pack as light as possible and in my experience there have always been towels at the pool.

Great! I won't bring any, then. Thanks!:goodvibes

Bye Kayce! Have a safe trip and see you soon :goodvibes

Bye Katie!!! Can't wait to meet you!

Hi! I just started reading your PTR a few days ago and finally got caught up! Your daughter is too cute, and I love all the things you made for her! I hope you have a magical trip, I will be there at the same time but not til a few days later, I'll be on on my honeymoon 5/6-5/11!

Have fun! :cool1:

Congrats on your wedding! If you see us, say hi! Thanks for joining in!!!:goodvibes

I will be looking for you all.

As for towels, I ask Mouse Keeping for extras and use those for the pool so I can take them back to the room. They have towel bins at the pool, but I like one around me walking back. Sometimes we carry beach towels. Just depends.

Have a safe flight!

Thanks for the advice! Hope to see you soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter